Found Alive Australia - Mark, 51, & Jacoba Tromp, 53, Jenolan Caves, NSW, 30 Aug 2016

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-04/tromp-family-speak-after-father-found/7812480?pfmredir=sm

This leaves more questions than answers, but made me wonder about a manic episode.

Sounds as though things will go completely quiet on this matter very soon. Understandably.

From your link:

Asked if he knew what sparked the incident, Mitchell Tromp said there were a few things but nothing he could state for sure "because I'm not certain".
"There's a few [things]... there's nothing that I know for sure but there are possible things but I can't say at this stage because I'm not certain," he told reporters.

"I can see why they [the public] want to know but it's a family matter and we just want the family to be back together and for everything to work itself out and I think it will."

After reading this whole thread again, it makes me realise what "normal" is for them.
I have read how Mark Tromp went to his daughter's workplace and completely humiliated her. She was a 25 year old adult and it must have been so humiliating for her.
I agree with who-ever it was who said he must be a very dominating and controlling tyrant. (Kiwi50)
If this is "normal" for the Tromp family then he has crippled all of their personalities, and they all do have problems.
Just my opinion.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-04/tromp-family-speak-after-father-found/7812480?pfmredir=sm

This leaves more questions than answers, but made me wonder about a manic episode.

"I can see why they [the public] want to know but it's a family matter and we just want the family to be back together and for everything to work itself out and I think it will."

With allegations of theft, break-ins and stalking, IMO it is no longer a family matter.

Stuart Brodie went missing for 40 days, initially from fear. When found he publicly acknowledged and apologised for the wasted resources.

Tromp flipped the bird.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national...r-100000-search/2005/08/30/1125302560289.html

Such a strange case. I initially thought drugs for sure.

But now I'm tending to think along the same lines of others here (Insular family, controlling father etc)

I find this confusing as well. I can't believe that he wasn't even held on a 72 hour order. With the paranoia having been confirmed by family and having affected him so much it's indisputable that there are MH issues.

I also think that the police and the media have been responding to this whole situation very favourably. Very early on the police made a statement that there was no previous MH issues in the family or drug use. When there clearly are MH issues now and I question how they could have concluded so quickly there was no drug use issues, or poisoning, or financial issues. It's like they wanted to disaude people from talking about these things. They have also decided not to charge him, and I'm assuming the daughters won't be charged for the car theft either, which is fine, but seems like a strange response from the police.

Yes! I completely agree. Most of the media were reporting that the car was "acquired", not "stolen", as they would normally say.

If it were any other person (who, according to police wasn't affected by MH issues or drug use) who - allegedly - committed a couple of break-ins, attempted car thefts and stalking offences, the police wouldn't hesitate in charging them.

I think Ziggie88 is right - I suspect the favourable treatment is because the brother is a police officer, and anyone else would have been charged.

Yeah, those kids are NQR ... They don't realise how normal siblings conduct themselves physically for a start, even in traumatic circumstances. If there isn't proper intervention here something bad will happen.

Meanwhile his poor wife and daughter are still recovering from this ordeal in hospital...

Yeah, those kids are NQR ... They don't realise how normal siblings conduct themselves physically for a start, even in traumatic circumstances. If there isn't proper intervention here something bad will happen.

Yes, I worry about what might happen if the authorities do leave them alone like they've requested. Hopefully the hospital will follow-up and keep an eye on their welfare.

You are right about that. All of these comments are saying how bizarre this is, because their behavior is detached from reality, now we know that is their 'normal'.
Mark Tromp is less than grateful for the efforts of all involved in the search.
And as for the members of the public whose property was damaged, borrowed, or otherwise used or inconvenienced they will have to wait for an apology.
This isn't a family matter any more, this is a very public matter now. I think it will all go very quiet now though. (Embarrassment). JMO.

"Good parents want to teach their children to be good citizens, have good manners, and to treat others with respect. However, sometimes parents desire something more from their children; they want their children to continue a family business, be part of their religious organization, or to be “just like us.” Parental influence is easier when communities are isolated. When shared family beliefs are pervasive and impede the individuation of thoughts, feelings, and behaviors, these families are considered enmeshed and undifferentiated. Enmeshed families are more susceptible to indoctrination. Indoctrination is easier when there is a high level of emotional involvement, meaning that children are kept close, and differentiation and individuation are discouraged."

BBM. Very interesting article: http://www.clinicalpsychiatrynews.c...sorders/0df19034853cd699b06c4546fac4134c.html

Agreed.

I can understand covering the face due to shame or embarrassment.

But going out of your way to flip the bird (unusual for a "law-abiding citizen") usually indicates anger IMO

Not sure if this has already been posted, but here is a transcript of Mitchell & Ella Tromp speaking to the media today: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/victoria/transcript-of-mitchell-and-ella-tromp-speaking-to-the-media-on-sunday-20160904-gr8bcp.html

Interesting transcript. It doesn't get any less strange, does it?
Mitch had to leave the family because he'd had enough.
Ella had to leave her parents to feed her horse.

Very polite. Thanking everyone many times.

Interesting transcript. It doesn't get any less strange, does it?
Mitch had to leave the family because he'd had enough.
Ella had to leave her parents to feed her horse.

Very polite. Thanking everyone many times.

So she stole a car to get home to feed her horse?
So it wasn't as urgent as we thought, she wasn't fleeing. So why not just use public transport like MItch did? It can't be due to lack of funds because she was with Riana and Riana offered $50 to the stranger who's car she jumped into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So she stole a car to get home to feed her horse?
So it wasn't as urgent as we thought, she wasn't fleeing. So why not just use public transport like MItch did? It can't be due to lack of funds because she was with Riana and Riana offered $50 to the stranger who's car she jumped into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was suppose to be a weekend? getaway. I don't buy it. Very concerned for this family.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I mean, maybe it will all work out, but I can't really see this working out well for this family if they don't get the help they need.
I'm very surprised he wasn't scheduled. He should be.

It was suppose to be a weekend? getaway. I don't buy it. Very concerned for this family.

They left on Monday. Definitely not a weekend getaway. Odd that no arrangements were made for the horses ahead of time.

They left on Monday. Definitely not a weekend getaway. Odd that no arrangements were made for the horses ahead of time.
Thanks, I misread or didn't remember correctly...basically that was also what I see as odd. No cellphones...and previous info. I have an opinion but that is just my opinion...so will refrain from posting.

Jacoba and Riana are still in hospital while Mark is not, that says a lot, imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back