Australia - Martin Place siege: 2 Hostages killed in Lindt Chocolate shop #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hostages are being made to stand at windows 2 hours at a time and they are rotated - given the position he's chosen and his organising of the hostages in that way, he had/has a definate plan IMO

Hostages are being made to stand at windows 2 hours at a time and they are rotated - given the position he's chosen and his organising of the hostages in that way, he had/has a definate plan IMO

He is definitely keeping snipers from getting at him .. I am sure there will be high-powered rifles trained on those windows and doors from every discreet angle.

I can claim to represent the Pope, eh. Doesn't mean I got pals at the Vatican.

I'm still here, just trying not to completely neglect my kids :p Thanks for the updates xo

Earlier on Ch 7 their security expert said it would be hard to obtain an ISIS flag in Australia which is why he used the generic flag. This suggests that he is a lone wolf responding to ISIS' call for Jihadists to carry out attacks in Australia. We have seen similar low-tech high-impact attacks in Canada and the U.S. in the last few months.

Believe it or not they actually sell out as soon as they come in, so scary. We have a flag importer in my area in the South East suburbs of Melbourne that flies one amongst other flags, out the front of his business. He was interviewed by a Current Affair & when queried why he would sell such a flag, he stated it was his best seller. He can't keep up with supply. No shame, it's all about the dollar.

It'll be getting dark in the next 1-1.5 hrs. Should be able to see inside the shop easier ( if the lights are kept on ). Those tactical cops must be getting tired :-(

CNN

I don't know who the guy was on CNN but he thinks the guy is a lunatic and not associated with ISIS. He also said
the longer this goes the more benign he feels this is as ISIS would have immediately began violence upon entering.

I hear a lot of dogs barking? Police dogs? Please don't let them get hurt. :(

Did they say if you have business around the city go ahead and carry out your plans. Yikes!

At one point the policeman was pointing the gun right at the camera... Why? I thought the cafe was in the opposite direction.

Bomb sniffer dogs?

According to Ch 7 the presence of LE and EMS is growing which suggests that they are preparing to take action. The security expert suggested that LE probably waiting until nighttime when they will have a tactical advantage. I suspect that as soon as it becomes dark LE will cut power to the building and surrounding area and storm the cafe using night-vision.

Cafe employee late for work wishes he was in there with his work mates, rather than outside and "not knowing" how they are.

According to Ch 7 the presence of LE and EMS is growing which suggests that they are preparing to take action. The security expert suggested that LE probably waiting until nighttime when they will have a tactical advantage. I suspect that as soon as it becomes dark LE will cut power to the building and surrounding area and storm the cafe using night-vision.

Or it's change of shift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member