Australia - Martin Place siege: 2 Hostages killed in Lindt Chocolate shop #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did show a photo of one of the women earlier and they broadcast her name, but not sure I should post it here.

According to Ch 7 the presence of LE and EMS is growing which suggests that they are preparing to take action. The security expert suggested that LE probably waiting until nighttime when they will have a tactical advantage. I suspect that as soon as it becomes dark LE will cut power to the building and surrounding area and storm the cafe using night-vision.

How terrifying will that be for the hostages...........but if that is what it takes .....they must be sooo scared, thinking any moment they could all be gone........I just can't imagine...going into 10hrs! Are they getting toilet brakes...food...fluids...so many q's & no answers

It is not an ISIS flag per se but has been used by Islamic State as well as other Islamic terrorist groups such as Al Nusra Front (Al Qaeda in Syria).

There can be little doubt that we are witnessing Islamic terrorism.

Scholars say the black flag used is NOT the one used in wars in Syria etc - it superficially resembles that design, but it is not the same flag.

The Grand Mufti of Australia says Muslims are "devastated" by this event, and that the actions of the hostage taker are being condemned.

- ABC news, live streaming

They did show a photo of one of the women earlier and they broadcast her name, but not sure I should post it here.

Yes, Elly ? (not sure of spelling) (that's what I thought they said but I could be wrong)

CNN

Middle Eastern accent but also Australian so evidently he has lived in Australia for some time.

CNN correspondent (Anna Coren I think?) has referenced sources that told her the police know the identity of the gunman

I would assume that police have ensured that the posts are not made public. However they are
Able to do that.

She was released/escaped so the demands will not be on her FB, apparently many well wishers as reported.

I cannot understand the mindset of somebody who does this. Oh and give me a flag and I'll let one go. Wtf.

This may have been posted before ... I missed about 20 pages of the thread, but this is the moment the news broke during the Morning Show. Clearly shows the special forces in the background of the set.

214xs05.png

https://au.tv.yahoo.com/the-morning-show/video/watch/25777629/martin-place-siege/

The hostage taker IS known to police.

Wonder what he's done to be known prior to this.

I still have a crush on him :shame:

Have you seen the cover of Men's Health magazine?! Holy smokes!!! lol

Amidst all the terror and fear is the Lindt bear in the background.

One woman called her fiance and then later he text her back and she replied she loved him.

Reporters with a view into the building are saying hostages are looking very stressed, huddled at one end of the building, one against the window. Maybe 15 or so people in there.

People are BUYING BEERS to sit outside and watch -- ffs, Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oOoJodieoOo