Australia - Martin Place siege: 2 Hostages killed in Lindt Chocolate shop #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
2GB News ‏@2GBNews 7m7 minutes ago

The Premier is asking ppl who work in the Martin Place exclusion zone to work from home tomorrow #2GBNews #MartinPlace

I DO NOT mean that, Ausgirl.
The bleeding hearts i was referring to are those ppl earlier who intimated that this was a "mental health issue" and not an act of terrorism.

Ok, sorry for being tetchy, we've had one racist on here pushing anti-Muslim blah, it's got me on edge. I apologise. :hug:

Really, though, he *could* be mentally ill. I think, however, he's a backyard activist with a couple of mates, trying to be a big man.

I am very scared he'll get desperate to not lose face and take some people out with him. I hope our negotiators can talk him out..... this is why I'm all on edge currently.

I hate to think what'll happen, nation-wide, if things do not go well. Too much unfounded hatred and ignorance in the world.. that's my biggest fear, aside from the above.

The Australian ‏@australian 13m13 minutes ago

About 200 onlookers continue to hover about #MartinPlace tonight, with the #SydneySiege in its 10th hour. http://bit.ly/1zTmrJp

BuzzFeed Australia ‏@BuzzFeedOz 3m3 minutes ago

NSW Police: “We are only dealing with one location [in #MartinPlace]. We are not concerned about any other location. #SydneySiege

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedOz

Thoughts and prayers go to the families affected by the #sydneysiege.

HUGE respect to the Police and officials in the way they are handling the #sydneysiege

CCTVNEWS ‏@cctvnews 46s46 seconds ago

NSW Commissioner on the possibility of more gunmen inside: Suffice to say there is at least 1.#Sydneysiege

Muslim leaders are not fearful of reprisals against the Muslim community at large, as they don't consider these extremists as a part of their community and are not associated with them. -- ABC live feed

<modsnip>
Really, though, he *could* be mentally ill. I think, however, he's a backyard activist with a couple of mates, trying to be a big man.

I am very scared he'll get desperate to not lose face and take some people out with him. I hope our negotiators can talk him out..... this is why I'm all on edge currently.

I hate to think what'll happen, nation-wide, if things do not go well. Too much unfounded hatred and ignorance in the world.. that's my biggest fear, aside from the above.

thanks for clarifying. I'm a Lebanese Australian myself. I'm appalled and very, very frightened.

@nswpolice Commissioner Andrew Scipione to hostages, their families: "We are doing all we can to set you free." #sydneysiege #prayforsydney

I DO NOT mean that, Ausgirl.
The bleeding hearts i was referring to are those ppl earlier who intimated that this was a "mental health issue" and not an act of terrorism.

I'm hardly a 'bleeding heart', we're on a sleuthing forum where we toss around ideas, that's all I was doing. Pointing out that he's not yet killed anyone - which is not the norm for terrorists and also that it wasn't an IS flag, so I was bantering with ideas.

I'm well aware that terrorism is alive and well and I've known for a while now that it's only a matter of time till something happens on our shores.

Not trying to pick a fight, just don't want to be thought of as a 'bleeding heart'.

thanks for clarifying. I'm a Lebanese Australian myself. I'm appalled and very, very frightened.

:hug: I feel so bad for my friends and neighbours here, so many are Lebanese, Syrian, Iranian, Pakistani.... Muslims from *everywhere* and I hate to think these families are in fear tonight...

that would not be on their minds atm!

I know that, it wasn't meant in that vain. Many are struggling to survive & the Christmas trade is what keeps them afloat. They too are victims of this terrorist

It will make a huge difference, depending on who switched the lights off. If it was police, that may be why gunman is getting more agitated. May see it as prelude to storming of building. Which it probably is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member