Found Deceased Australia - Melissa Caddick Missing After Australian SIC Raid - Sydney (NSW) - Nov 2020 #9

IMO Koletti is a very cunning individual pretending to have low IQ so he is not made responsible for anything.

It was put to him at the Inquest that he was bottom of the class at school, and I don't doubt that he was.

[Lachlan Gyles SC - representing the NSW Police Force] asked him: 'You're not very numerate, are you? You didn't win any academic prizes at school? You were at the bottom of your class, weren't you?'

My feeling is that he capitalizes on this 'dumbness' and uses it as an excuse for his actions when it suits him. Many of us probably know, or have known, similar people. I certainly have.

[Deputy state coroner Elizabeth] Ryan also noted counsel assisting’s closing submission that Koletti was a “most unimpressive and unreliable witness” whose lack of candour made it impossible to determine how his wife died.

Apart from giving the police inconsistent statements, the coroner said his evidence at the inquest was “riddled with similar inconsistencies and opacities”.

“Explanations which he offered for the many contradictions between and within his various accounts simply did not make sense,” Ryan said.

Koletti’s lawyer Judy Swan submitted that her client’s inconsistencies were due to his “limited intellectual capacity” and “negligible literary and numeracy prowess”.

However, the coroner contended Koletti’s discrepancies “are too numerous, and too persistent in nature, to be attributable to stress and a lack of intellectual sophistication”. [bbm]

[Deputy state coroner Elizabeth] Ryan also noted counsel assisting’s closing submission that Koletti was a “most unimpressive and unreliable witness” whose lack of candour made it impossible to determine how his wife died.

Apart from giving the police inconsistent statements, the coroner said his evidence at the inquest was “riddled with similar inconsistencies and opacities”.

“Explanations which he offered for the many contradictions between and within his various accounts simply did not make sense,” Ryan said.

Koletti’s lawyer Judy Swan submitted that her client’s inconsistencies were due to his “limited intellectual capacity” and “negligible literary and numeracy prowess”.

However, the coroner contended Koletti’s discrepancies “are too numerous, and too persistent in nature, to be attributable to stress and a lack of intellectual sophistication”. [bbm]

Also ... "The coroner found Mr Koletti purposely withheld information relating to his wife's disappearance and could not be ruled out from being involved."

(From the snapshot I linked above.)

One investor told the inquest: “I sold my business as I was under the impression my money was safe, and I retired in 2017 … To rub more salt in the wound she has also stolen my mother’s money, wife’s, mother-in-law, son, brother and sister … wiping out three generations of my family’s savings.”

As I've mentioned here before, AFAIK a person doesn't become a narcissistic sociopath over night. A little re-cap of her history:

Missing conwoman Melissa Caddick had a decades-long history of fraud and dishonesty, somehow evading consequences for her crimes every time.

[Koletti] was expected to be a "primary source" of information crucial in piecing together the events of November 12, 2020, Magistrate Ryan said.

Instead, she concluded, throughout the investigation Mr Koletti "has chosen at times to make statements that are simply untrue".

"Mr Koletti was ' … a most unimpressive and unreliable witness', whose lack of candour was one of the reasons why it was not possible to conclude how, when and where Ms Caddick had died," she said.

During several hours on the stand at the inquest, Mr Koletti repeatedly denied misleading the police or assisting his wife in disappearing.

Thursday's findings outlined what Magistrate Ryan called the inconsistent and "incomprehensible" evidence Mr Koletti has given since Ms Caddick was last seen alive.

There was a focus on the differing versions of events, as told by Mr Koletti, between the ASIC raid on November 11 and him making the missing person's report on November 13.

Initially, he told police, he and Ms Caddick went to bed around 9:30pm on November 11, 2020, and he last saw her about midnight.

Since then, he has claimed to have seen his wife sleeping at 4am the next morning and has given varying explanations about how that occurred.

He also told police she might have booked a room at a hotel in Bondi Junction, saying it was their "go to" retreat in Sydney.

The hotel later advised police it had no record of either Ms Caddick or Mr Koletti ever staying there.

When pressed at the inquest on why he offered this guidance, Mr Koletti replied he was "was trying to provide relevant information, no matter how stupid".

The court heard he also told authorities Ms Caddick left home to jog at 5:30am "which she does every day", but CCTV footage had not captured her doing so for a month before she vanished.

Magistrate Ryan said many of the reasons Mr Koletti provided at the inquest for the discrepancies "simply did not make sense".

"It is fair to say that when he was not creating further inconsistencies, he was attempting to account for them with opaque and at times unintelligible explanations," she said.

"Notably however, every police officer who had any significant interaction with Mr Koletti suspected that he had some knowledge of Ms Caddick's movements, but had chosen not to share it with them."

In handing down her coronial findings on Thursday morning, Deputy State Coroner Elizabeth Ryan said Ms. Caddick was dead; however, it could not be determined how, when and where she died.

Ms. Caddick’s husband, Anthony Koletti, and son told the inquest they heard the front door of their Dover Heights mansion open and close around 5:30 a.m. on November 12, 2020.

Melissa Caddick Melissa Caddick was ruled to be dead by a coroner.

She’s even made the news over here in Croatia, with this headline reading “The drama began when they found her foot. The fraudster stole millions and afterwards all trace of her was lost.”

Basically, it's down to, 'did she fall or was she pushed' off the cliff. Only the sharks know, really. And only if they were looking up instead of down. There is no doubt in my mind that Melissa made some first class -high octane -force 10 enemies, out of ordinary people who were betrayed and robbed with malicious intent, no other way of putting it.. It was malicious , Melissa's way of doing 'business'. Awful things happen to people who are treated like this, and it is on the record that quite a few of them knew they had been dudded, over many years , by Melissa. So motive is not hard to find, really. Motivation is another thing, opportunity a whole other thing, and method, yet another factor.

Lots of similar criminals strut round Sydney, free as birds , owing multiple millions to poor pensioners and widows, with nary a frown on their botoxed foreheads, very few take the off the cliff option. Rene Rivkin comes to mind, among the very very few who did. Although, he did it in the comfort of his mother's Milson's Point apartment. ...Not hurling from a height into unknown cold waters, hoping to miss the rocks, and other things underwater..

So it does happen, and maybe Melissa did have a Damascus Road experience that morning. To paraphrase Colonel Nichols in closing moment of the film, The Bridge on the River Kwai... ' what have I done? '...... Perhaps. Improbable, but not impossible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back