GUILTY Australia - Morgan Huxley, 31, stabbed to death, Neutral Bay, NSW, 8 Sept 2013 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or it could be that he is so detached from reality that he's not able to interact with them the way they'd like? Or still living in his fantasy and he has deemed that they don't play a part in it so he's ignoring them.

I'm wondering the same, if he is actually a lot sicker than we thought? I think we'll know next week.

Been lurking for a few days reading all of these great comments. Just registered and this is my first post. I’m a male and live in Sydney.

My two scenarios below are purely speculative as we don’t have sufficient evidence at hand to come to a proper conclusion. It’s still good to throw ideas in the air for discussion.

1. Speculating that only DJK was involved:
I have a good friend who is gay. He doesn’t sleep with gay men. All he does is give bj’s to men with wives and girlfriends. He finds them online or at a nude beach. Even fathers who have children at home will fly to go see him for a weekend of pleasure.
He says it’s not gay to receive head from another guy and can’t see the difference.
He says that the straight guys he hooks up with either get no head from their girlfriends/wives or they just can’t give it as good as a gay guy.

MH might have just been getting a bj from DJK. This would explain why his shirt was still on. If you’re not going to have intercourse with the person, you can keep your shirt on and sit on the end of the bed or lie back.
MH consensually hooks up with DJK and they do their business. Once done, MH rolls over onto his right side in bed and has his back to DJK. DJK might have wanted more but MH refuses as he is attracted to women and only wants head. MH tells DJK to let himself out. DJK is annoyed and stabs MH in the neck and left side as they are exposed to him.

DJK could have tried to spoon MH and MH told him to get lost.
He might just be in it for head so doing anything else with DJK would be seen as gay.

2. To speculate that a woman was involved:
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned."

An unstable girl who is obsessed with MH and sleeping with him on occasion suspects that he is being unfaithful. Sees DJK around the area and identifies him as a weak person. She manipulates DJK into following MH for her. Sells it to him as some fantasy sci-fi book mission and has him hooked on the job.
DJK reports back to the unstable girl that other women visit his apartment and that he has seen him kissing some girls on the street outside his place.
Girl hits the roof when she hears the news and plots her crime.
As she is clever and manipulative she can make DJK a patsy for the crime as he is still playing in the fantasy and easily led.
Remember DJK’s parents are shocked by what has happened and can’t believe that their son would do this.

Unstable girl knows MH’s social movements and waited outside his place so that she didn’t leave a phone record to implicate herself in the crime.
Tells MH that she was in the area, phone battery is flat (reason for not calling) and she’s in the mood for sex. What drunken guy is going to refuse? Condom used. Girl shaves/waxes body hair earlier that day to try not to leave anything behind.
Keeps hair in a ponytail to minimise hair falling onto the floor or bed.

MH stabbed while he is on top in missionary position. Unstable girl has planted a knife under bed or pillow before sex, pulls it out with right hand and stabs in the neck and left side of back.
The advantage for the killer in having MH keep his shirt on is that it would catch a lot of the blood from dripping on them while they are underneath.
MH doesn’t fight back as he is stunned by a friend doing this to him. How could you do this to me? Look at them in shock thinking why?
Unstable girl can then plant evidence on DJK who is waiting outside.

Or unstable girl leaves MH’s door unlocked for DJK to let himself in after 20 minutes. Part of the fantasy that she has sold him on is to protect her from MH. Walks in and see’s MH giving it to unstable girl. He flips out and starts stabbing.

Yes, he has a lawyer. Mentioned in articles immediately following his arrest.

Like Yeawell, I think this guy is just mentally detached from it all. May have gone his whole life detaching himself from things that were difficult for him to mentally cope with, and may have been enabled to do so in his home life.

I think that is the reason he asked to take his book with him when he was arrested .. so he could immerse himself and detach ... again.

Doesn't want to deal with the horror of what he has done.
Doesn't want to deal with the hurt he has caused his family.
Doesn't want to deal with the hurt he has caused Morgan's family.
Doesn't want to deal with the scariness of being behind bars.
Doesn't want to deal with tough police questioning.

So he just doesn't.

I completely agree with you! Here's a suggestion: Take the damn book away from him! Then he might be forced to deal with the reality of what he's done and start cooperating! Can't believe they let him take it in the first place! What an odd thing to allow! Never seen anything like it! :banghead:

Just a quick observation, as I'm working today, but from one of those articles in this morning's papers, there was comment from people who work in the cafes etc where DJK would hang out and eat. And one of them mentioned that he sometimes ate with his dad, Mark.

Wouldn't that make it difficult to keep up a pretence to his family that he was working, or at the Chef's School, or whatever? So perhaps we should assume that he WAS at the school, either working there or training there...?

I know it was just a theory that a couple on here suggested, that he wasn't working, and that he may have been going out every day in his chequered pants and black shirt, and satchel with who-knows-what in it. But if he were to have been having lunch with his father on some occasions, then that would make that scenario less likely. Not impossible, but less likely.

So we would appear to have a clash of statements - DJK allegedly saying that he worked at the cooking school, and the boss of the school saying he didn't.

In the words of Laugh In: "Verrryy interesting..."

Been lurking for a few days reading all of these great comments. Just registered and this is my first post. I’m a male and live in Sydney.

Snipped for space

Welcome Speculate! Great input .. great theories! As someone has mentioned before, Morgan may have been in it merely for the sex. The detail you provided fits the crime scene, and perhaps Morgan's way of life too.

And I wonder about the guy 'protecting' girl aspect too. Marly posted an article earlier about that exact same thing - got my mind ticking over about that. DJK could be the exact personality type to fall for that, especially if it was an attractive and popular local girl he had known/seen around for a while. He may really just want to be liked - only that backfired in an awful way.

:welcome6:

Hi guys. I understand why people are trying to fit DJK into a diagnostic category but really, none of us can accurately speculate exactly what's going on with him regarding having a personality disorder.

We'll only really know if they get a psych to administer tests for court (and conduct diagnostic interviews with him.) You certainly can't tell if someone is Borderline or Antisocial Personality (sociopath) from the scant info we've got. Not criticising anyone, by the way, but felt to say that

You can't tell if someone's gay or not, either... and yet.. ;)

.. we can speculate.

Hi guys. I understand why people are trying to fit DJK into a diagnostic category but really, none of us can accurately speculate exactly what's going on with him regarding having a personality disorder.

We'll only really know if they get a psych to administer tests for court (and conduct diagnostic interviews with him.) You certainly can't tell if someone is Borderline or Antisocial Personality (sociopath) from the scant info we've got. Not criticising anyone, by the way, but felt to say that

I agree with respect to the personality disorders. We have next to no information in this regard. However there is very strong evidence of an extreme lack of empathy and he appears to have continued on his way as if nothing has happened. He appears to be a fearless risk taker and a pathological liar.

Absolutely, lots of violent offenders have a history of head injury in childhood.

But I've got to say I just don't believe anybody is 'born wrong'. It's always a combination of nature (as in personality tendencies, not being born 'evil') and nurture.

I've worked with lots of offenders and I've yet to meet one who didn't have a difficult home life in childhood - even if they came from the middle class. There's an assumption that if somebody has professional parents and lives in a good suburb, they must have had a good childhood - but the emotional impact of childhood is what affects us all.

Sociopaths are born without the "wiring" in the brain to allow them to feel empathy. There is no amount of nurture that will make them feel empathy towards others. Whilst sociopaths fascinate many people (me included) psychiatrists find them boring because they can't make any difference.

They aren't born wrong. Approximately 3% of the population are considered to be sociopaths of varying degree.

Sociopaths are born without the "wiring" in the brain to allow them to feel empathy. There is no amount of nurture that will make them feel empathy towards others. Whilst sociopaths fascinate many people (me included) psychiatrists find them boring because they can't make any difference.

They aren't born wrong. Approximately 3% of the population are considered to be sociopaths of varying degree.

Have to say that I have known at least one person that I can think of immediately that fits this bill. No empathy, no compassion, raised in a good and loving family, stable childhood ... may have been able to fake empathy and compassion sometimes ... but when the chips were down ... nothing.

Just like that part of the brain wasn't wired up at all.

Dr. Watson - I was thinking about DJK meeting his dad for lunch too.

It's really strange that locals are saying he was complaining about his hours at the cooking school, and the cooking school denies he was ever working there.

It could be important to establish whether the school is lying to cover their asses or not -- because if they aren't, then it shows DJK is a chronic liar with ability to construct a somewhat elaborate ruse.

Like the one he may have used to get into Morgan's flat.

If he was working there, well okay - maybe the school needs a lookit from the tax dept and that's that.

I should think it would not be all that difficult for MSM to work it out - they could just do a walking tour of the shops and since every single employee recalls DJK they could simply ASK people about the times DJK was in and out regularly - was it lunch hour only, or was he hopping from to shop each day to fill time?

I'm figuring they haven't done so yet because that entails actually leaving one's chair. It seems an obvious thing to do, to establish the facts.

eta: I say 'msm' because they're reporting that DJK spent "every day at *list* local shops" and aren't specifying time, though it hints DJK hung at at the shops all day every day. It's infuriating that they can't seem to establish the smallest fact before printing stuff like that.

DJK probably would have needed his glasses before starting a frenzied attack.

JR seems like she would be an extremely polite housemate and would let MH have some privacy with a guest. After the attack DJK could have bolted for the front door. JR may have heard someone go through the front door and thought it would then be a good time to check up on MH only to find that he had been left for dead in a most confronting scene.

The point you make about DJK being fully clothed is a good one.

I believe JR heard 'gargling & moaning', which made her go to MH's room/door

Just a point about the stab wounds - which we have discussed some time back on the previous thread.

I did point out that those on the back and side may be shallow due to the fact that the knife had a very short blade (think Exacto knife, or even Stanley knife - box cutter for our American friends).

But the same short-bladed knife could do some nasty damage on the neck - the internal jugular vein is very superficial - it's right there, just under the skin and a very thin bit of muscle. As I pointed out earlier - it is so easily accessible, that's why we use it for venous access during anaesthesia, or in ICU, for example. And a part stab/part slash would do even more damage.

It is unusual - although certainly not improbable - for the carotid artery to be injured in direct stabbing - it tends to be much more "rubbery" due to a much thicker wall than the jugular vein, and also has the ability to "bounce" away from a penetrating wound. I've seen a patient with a chainsaw injury to the side of the neck (kickback of the saw in a professional tree-lopper) which divided almost everything on one side of the neck - EXCEPT the carotid, which was uninjured.

To cause significant injury to the carotid, there would need to be a sideways slashing component to the wound. And if there had been (I don't have access to the autopsy report - yet) then I would have expected death to be far more rapid. But poor Morgan was still alive from the time of the attack (estimated to be between 02:30 and 02:50) until the paramedics got there, when resuscitation attempts were unsuccessful.

So - and of course this is only speculation - I suspect he had major VENOUS bleeding, most likely from the internal jugular vein. And this could easily have been caused by a short-bladed knife.

So I don't draw any conclusions that the "shallow" wounds to the back and side were due to lesser force or poor stabbing technique - I would think that ALL the stab wounds would have been delivered with similar force. But the 2 or 3 to the side of the neck did the damage.

So - think length of blade, rather than force of delivery.

Could the weapon which DK used have broken/snapped after the neck wounds causing shallow stabbing wounds in the back ?

I agree with respect to the personality disorders. We have next to no information in this regard. However there is very strong evidence of an extreme lack of empathy and he appears to have continued on his way as if nothing has happened. He appears to be a fearless risk taker and a pathological liar.

If this guy has been living in a world of his own, his fantasies, his rules

Reality has just hit & he does not know how to deal with it jmo

Hi Boxhead! :seeya:

I totally agree with what you're saying in terms of the inability to effect significant change with sociopaths as they are unreachable. And I too am fascinated by them!

But I don't know of definitive clinical evidence showing that they are 'born' without the correct wiring for empathy. My understanding is that empathy is actually a learned trait that develops over time in all children - that's why we teach little kids about thinking about the other person's feelings etc (which they don't naturally do). I would think that rather than being born without the correct wiring, the neural pathways regarding empathy in sociopaths didn't develop in their early childhood.

Dr. Watson - I was thinking about DJK meeting his dad for lunch too.

It's really strange that locals are saying he was complaining about his hours at the cooking school, and the cooking school denies he was ever working there.

It could be important to establish whether the school is lying to cover their asses or not -- because if they aren't, then it shows DJK is a chronic liar with ability to construct a somewhat elaborate ruse.

Like the one he may have used to get into Morgan's flat.

If he was working there, well okay - maybe the school needs a lookit from the tax dept and that's that.

I should think it would not be all that difficult for MSM to work it out - they could just do a walking tour of the shops and since every single employee recalls DJK they could simply ASK people about the times DJK was in and out regularly - was it lunch hour only, or was he hopping from to shop each day to fill time?

I'm figuring they haven't done so yet because that entails actually leaving one's chair. It seems an obvious thing to do, to establish the facts.

eta: I say 'msm' because they're reporting that DJK spent "every day at *list* local shops" and aren't specifying time, though it hints DJK hung at at the shops all day every day. It's infuriating that they can't seem to establish the smallest fact before printing stuff like that.

Hey Ausgirl,
So true what you're saying about MSM having to get up off their butts and do some proper reporting/investigative work!!! (and very humourously put!!!:floorlaugh:)

I can't believe how half-baked these reporters are with their contradictory facts and lack of investigation. Tis one bad thing about the internet I think - they're just cruising from a chair rather than getting out and being proper journalists. Outrageous!! (But then again....a lot of them are working for The Telegraph. Say no more!!)

Just a quick observation, as I'm working today, but from one of those articles in this morning's papers, there was comment from people who work in the cafes etc where DJK would hang out and eat. And one of them mentioned that he sometimes ate with his dad, Mark.

Wouldn't that make it difficult to keep up a pretence to his family that he was working, or at the Chef's School, or whatever? So perhaps we should assume that he WAS at the school, either working there or training there...?

I know it was just a theory that a couple on here suggested, that he wasn't working, and that he may have been going out every day in his chequered pants and black shirt, and satchel with who-knows-what in it. But if he were to have been having lunch with his father on some occasions, then that would make that scenario less likely. Not impossible, but less likely.

So we would appear to have a clash of statements - DJK allegedly saying that he worked at the cooking school, and the boss of the school saying he didn't.

In the words of Laugh In: "Verrryy interesting..."

He could have been meeting his dad during 'lunch breaks' or similar .. IF that's what was going on with DJK ..

Hi Boxhead! :seeya:

I totally with what you're saying in terms of the inability to effect significant change with sociopaths as they are unreachable. And I too am fascinated by them!

But I don't know of definitive clinical evidence showing that they are 'born' without the correct wiring for empathy. My understanding is that empathy is actually a learned trait that develops over time in all children - that's why we teach little kids about thinking about the other person's feelings etc (which they don't naturally do). I would think that rather than being born without the correct wiring, the neural pathways regarding empathy in sociopaths didn't develop in their early childhood.
I'm repeating the opinion of my psyche (I've seen one for depression all my adult life). I'll do a bit of digging around on that one. Certainly significant wiring occurs as the brain develops in a child, but I thought the consensus was that that nothing allows some kids to develop this wiring. ie. all efforts to help the child to develop empathy will fail to develop the wiring normal people do.

I'm repeating the opinion of my psyche (I've seen one for depression all my adult life). I'll do a bit of digging around on that one. Certainly significant wiring occurs as the brain develops in a child, but I thought the consensus was that that nothing allows some kids to develop this wiring. ie. all efforts to help the child to develop empathy will fail to develop the wiring normal people do.

You may well be right. I'm a psych myself (just waiting for my credentials to be verified here on Websleuths) and what I just said before was what I learnt. But there may well be more up-to-date research saying something very different!! Was a few years back that I studied!!!

But you know what?....maybe none of this matters. Whatever happened with the killer's brain (and whenever) we know he obviously completely lacks empathy!! I can get too lawyer-esque in terms of facts, as my partner will attest!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bessie22