GUILTY Australia - Morgan Huxley, 31, stabbed to death, Neutral Bay, NSW, 8 Sept 2013 #3

Yes, I'm sorry about that. I should have looked more closely at the photo. :blushing:

Hey, you don't need to be sorry Makara!!

That guy looks surprisingly similar to DJK - I've thought that before when I've seen him on Google Images. Similar colouring and demeanour.

Nothing to be embarrassed about!!:seeya:

WOW - that guy certainly does look like JDK.

This case is a nightmare when it comes to the truth.
And they want us to pay and subscribe for all this false and misleading information they call news.
No.

Respectfully snipped by me ...
Ausgirl said:
I think some people who have little control of their impulses (on purpose or otherwise) just get to the stage where the impulse to rape/gamble/cheat/kill/whatever is stronger than their logical mind, which would urge caution.

There are statistics that indicate that an impulse, if not acted upon in 5 seconds, usually will fade and be ignored. DJK had 5 seconds to make his move - and that space in time his decision to act on his impulse ruined his life, the lives of 2 families, many friends, and left MH dead. If he had been distracted by something at that time, his focus would have wavered, and he may not have had the opportunity to re-focus and re-act.
What I think is that this is not the first time JDK had made an attempt to stalk MH. Though with the conditions more favourable and opportunistic, the impulse and the thought of action was carried through, and he made his move - its why I think his fantasy 'plan' was so badly executed.

My bold...
Ausgirl said:
The rest, well. Whether Morgan let him in or left the door open, 28 stab wounds says 'rage' to me. The robbery (and who robs someone after stabbing them with that level of overkill??) says to me that Kelsall felt "deserving" of both Morgan's life and his possessions.

Could also be that the number of stab wounds were more a case of panic - (per-say), but with such a a bad choice of implement to kill MH with, and a fear that he did not know if MH was dead, so he kept going.

Which also leads me to believe that DJK had thought of very little options if his advances were confronted and rejected. His 'plan' didn't include those scenarios of things going wrong. I certainly agree with what you say about DJK thinking he was "deserving" - but with such poor planning, JDK had no idea of the reality of the situation - just the fantasy version - the happy ending - which this was not.
JDK's response was fanciful - In fantasy land, the act of revenge, punishment and deserved retribution is done with a single swipe - in reality, humans don't go down without a fight for life.

From the time he decided to follow MH - until he fled the scene of his crime - he had ample opportunity to 'wake-up' to what he was doing.

JDK's best plan was to walk away - but I think he had already chosen MH - and the impulse to act on that grew out of proportion until he acted - cunningly - pre-meditated - which led to murder.

The toxic geek.

Good post, Fig Tree!

What I think is that this is not the first time JDK had made an attempt to stalk MH. Though with the conditions more favourable and opportunistic, the impulse and the thought of action was carried through, and he made his move - its why I think his fantasy 'plan' was so badly executed.

This! And I agree, I think the fantasy element played a big part, and I don't doubt those were fantasies that were probably held for some time before the opportunity arose to act on them.

Also a good call, regarding the 'idea' vs the 'reality' of killing a human being, being a possible reason for so many wounds. I had not thought of that.

BBM.

I totally agree sosocurious. My earlier thoughts on this case were that MH had invited DJK into his unit and things turned ugly soon after. What you've suggested makes more sense. MH didn't know what the hell hit him, poor guy.

I think that DJK will plead guilty unless of course his lawyer convinces him (and DJK's family) that he can get him off. $$$.

There is something about DJK that makes me feel so terribly sad. I know that he's committed an horrific murder but what drove him? What makes him tick? IMO this young guy needs serious help and not just to be thrown into jail for the next 20 years or so. It concerns and dismays me that young people like DJK are out there living amongst us like time bombs ticking towards the next tragedy. Our mental health care, not just in NSW but nationally, needs serious revision and a huge overhaul.

Ditto Makara

I also think he will plead guilty and I have a feeling that mentally ill / disordered may come into play.

The lawyers reference to DJK as being settled implies to me appropriately medicated.

Ditto Makara

I also think he will plead guilty and I have a feeling that mentally ill / disordered may come into play.

The lawyers reference to DJK as being settled implies to me appropriately medicated.

Just thinking about this too...

We haven't been given any info (msm) on where he was being kept and if he had been transferred into normal prison life.
Maybe he had a hard time adjusting in prison - inmates and such...
I wondered if they had put him in a regular cell eventually after he was assessed.

Maybe he has now settled into the regular prison.
Maybe the lawyer meant he has settled into 'reality'.

Ditto Makara

I agree, sosocurious. Perhaps he wasn't appropriately medicated for his bipolar before his arrest - thus this horrific crime happening.......

Okay, this is a bit of a long and slightly OT post, but there is a point to it at the end!

My daughter's room has a push-lock on the inside and a key-lock on the outside. It doesn't have a key, as far as I know it's never had one.

So tonight, she locks herself out of the room with the lights, computer, TV all on and every phone belonging to us in the house in there too. Plus, her dinner (we had a casual 'mum isn't up to cooking, graze at will' night, we do actually eat like nice people most of the time, lol) and all her clothes - she's just gone for a shower and was standing there in a towel. Great.

Anyway, we're all at a loss as to how to get in there, and I'd just resigned myself to a locksmith's bill I really can't afford this week, when my flatmate came up with the genius idea to look up 'how to pick a lock' tutorials, he was sure there had to be one on youtube somewhere.

There were lots.

And a man who has -never- even pondered breaking into a locked room for any reason learned how to effectively and quite quickly pick the lock. In 10 minutes, he learned this. On the internet.

That's how easy it is to learn how to break into somebody's house. That's how fast you can learn it, and then go right ahead and do it. No sign of forced entry whatsoever.

And my thoughts very quickly turned to all the cases where there's no sign of forced entry, so it's assumed the victim 'must have' let their killer in.

Well, nope. All he might have needed is a couple of hairpins.

Okay, this is a bit of a long and slightly OT post, but there is a point to it at the end!

My daughter's room has a push-lock on the inside and a key-lock on the outside. It doesn't have a key, as far as I know it's never had one.

So tonight, she locks herself out of the room with the lights, computer, TV all on and every phone belonging to us in the house in there too. Plus, her dinner (we had a casual 'mum isn't up to cooking, graze at will' night, we do actually eat like nice people most of the time, lol) and all her clothes - she's just gone for a shower and was standing there in a towel. Great.

Anyway, we're all at a loss as to how to get in there, and I'd just resigned myself to a locksmith's bill I really can't afford this week, when my flatmate came up with the genius idea to look up 'how to pick a lock' tutorials, he was sure there had to be one on youtube somewhere.

There were lots.

And a man who has -never- even pondered breaking into a locked room for any reason learned how to effectively and quite quickly pick the lock. In 10 minutes, he learned this. On the internet.

That's how easy it is to learn how to break into somebody's house. That's how fast you can learn it, and then go right ahead and do it. No sign of forced entry whatsoever.

And my thoughts very quickly turned to all the cases where there's no sign of forced entry, so it's assumed the victim 'must have' let their killer in.

Well, nope. All he might have needed is a couple of hairpins.

Scary news, Ausgirl!!!:scared:

Well. It was pretty funny watching my huge, bearded flatmate doing a self-congratulatory happy dance at having learned to pick his first lock in 10 minutes or less.

But yes, scary. I looked at the lock this morning, there's not a mark on it. 'No sign of forced entry'.

As much as I read about crime, it always seemed a bit Hollywood to me, the idea of someone actually picking a lock, you know? Well, not any more.

The 12th it is .... two cases, three mentions.

12 Jun 09:30 Mention (Police) Criminal Local Unassigned Central Unassigned R v DANIEL JACK KELSALL 201400070850
12 Jun 09:30 Mention (Police) Criminal Local Unassigned Central Unassigned R v DANIEL JACK KELSALL 201400070850
12 Jun 09:30 Mention (Police) Criminal Local Unassigned Central Unassigned R v DANIEL JACK KELSALL 201300302108

http://searchcourtlists.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/scm/search

Just a reminder that DJK's back in court this Thursday, 12th June.:seeya:

Just read most of this as I live In Victoria but gee what a case. Shame we didn't get a lot of coverage.

Working in a bar like I used to, you can see many people loitering but for Daniel to go through with his fantasy wow. Can't say much more. Thinking his door wasn't locked either and it was opportunitisic

Welcome, fellow Victorian!!

Kelsall's back in court tomorrow. I'm fidgety.

Welcome, fellow Victorian!!

Kelsall's back in court tomorrow. I'm fidgety.

Me too!! This case really stays with me - I so want justice for Morgan.

Would love it if this whole case got a move on, for Morgan's family's sake. Hopefully DJK enters a plea/pleas tomorrow :please:

Should be any time now ... it is now 9:30 in NSW. He appears in front of His Honour Magistrate LW Mabbutt.

I see they whittled it down to two mentions, instead of the previously scheduled three mentions. Hope this doesn't mean more delays of some kind!

12 Jun 09:30 Mention (Police) Criminal Local Local Court Magistrate Mabbutt Central Court 1 Central R v DANIEL JACK KELSALL 201300302108
12 Jun 09:30 Mention (Police) Criminal Local Local Court Magistrate Mabbutt Central Court 1 Central R v DANIEL JACK KELSALL 201400070850

http://searchcourtlists.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/scm/search

I hope he pleads guilty .. as more time goes on with this case the worse it seems to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back