Australia Australia - Peter Falconio, 28, Barrow Creek, NT, 14 Jul 2001

Joanne Lees wants outback NT memorial for Peter Falconio

Joanne Lees has made a secret return to the Australian outback to set up a roadside memorial for her boyfriend Peter Falconio, who was murdered in the Northern Territory 15 years ago.

Ms Lees met with Aboriginal elders in Ti Tree, 200km north of Alice Springs, in August to discuss plans for the memorial, hoping it will serve as a warning for foreign tourists, The Daily Telegraph reports.

The 43-year-old has been quietly living in Sydney and Canberra since May.

She has chosen Ti Tree, a spot 200km north of Alice Springs, to host the memorial because it was the last place she and Mr Falconio re-fuelled their Kombi and watched the sunset together.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...morial-for-peter-falconio#12WqYV37zQDdYZra.99

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...morial-for-peter-falconio#12WqYV37zQDdYZra.99

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/10/16/07/29/lees-wants-memorial-for-peter-falconio

Joanne Lees annoys me big time! Why wait 15 years to organise a memorial? IMO she sent an innocent man to jail because she is a total idiot and has never told the real story of what happened the night Peter Falconio disappeared.

I feel if she needs one, she needs to pay for it, do the Australian people need one? I say no.
Joanne Lees annoys me big time! Why wait 15 years to organise a memorial? IMO she sent an innocent man to jail because she is a total idiot and has never told the real story of what happened the night Peter Falconio disappeared.

Yep yep and yep!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They still don't have a body. You could dig a grave, but wouldnt trackers find it? Of course unless you put it in a vehicle and drove it far away?

Joanne has recently had to endure a number of false claims in the last few years, including a cruel campaign by Vienna-based Dr Keith Allan Noble, who claims that Joanne is the murderer and even put up a £25,000 [$46,000] reward poster around Alice Springs appealing for information which would lead to her arrest.
Dr Noble recently claimed: 'Murdoch was set up. It was a show trial. So-called evidence was manipulated, other evidence was withheld from the trial. There was not one shred of incontrovertible evidence presented at the trial that proved guilt, or proved a murder took place.'

Read more:

BBM: A free pdf of Keith Noble's e-book Find Falconio Dead or Alive (2nd Edition) is available here.

ETA: Note from the author. This book was not written to be critical of people and governmental systems. Nor was it written to make money. It was written: to stimulate questions; to locate the missing Falconio – dead or alive; and, to prompt the determination of Truth then the delivery of Justice.

Robin Bowles' book Dead Centre is excellent and well researched on the Falconio case. Robin has also published another book titled Rough Justice: Unanswered Questions from the Australian Courts.

POLICE know Bradley John Murdoch was not the killer of Peter Falconio, a new book about the case alleges.
True crime author Robin Bowles said a police officer told her during the trial of Murdoch - held in the Darwin Supreme Court - that : "We know he wasn't the shooter. But he's going down for it."

http://www.news.com.au/national/pol...t-shoot-falconio/story-e6frfkp9-1111114551015

I read Robin's book many years ago - that statement from the police is not new. They all know that Bradley Murdoch is not the killer, but he was a convenient scapegoat for them to use.

Thanks for the link to Keith Noble's book Makara. That will be worth a read. For what it's worth, I dont think Joanne killed him, but then I dont think he is dead. She knows what happened though.

I read Robin's book many years ago - that statement from the police is not new. They all know that Bradley Murdoch is not the killer, but he was a convenient scapegoat for them to use.

Thanks for the link to Keith Noble's book Makara. That will be worth a read. For what it's worth, I dont think Joanne killed him, but then I dont think he is dead. She knows what happened though.

Yes, that statement by police to Robin Bowles is old news to those of us who may have read Robin's book but I posted it again for anyone who may be new to this case. It certainly is a jaw dropper isn't it?

Keith Noble's book is an interesting read. It's not written in the usual 'whodunit' style but is more an analysis of the reported evidence and also that of evidence that did not come to light during Murdoch's committal hearing and trial. There is much to be discussed and dissected in Noble's analysis of this case and I'm looking forward to everyone's thoughts once they've read his book. It's also interesting to note that Noble has not placed any copyright on this free book and so we are free to quote from it as we see fit and this is something that I truly appreciate.

Some quick background ref info for international people

Prosecutors alleged Murdoch raped a 12-year-old girl before abducting her and her mother "for insurance" while in a state of drug-fuelled paranoia that police were framing him in the Falconio case.
During the 25-hour ordeal at Swan Reach, in Riverland, South Australia, in August 2002 Murdoch allegedly denied killing Mr Falconio, but admitted having one of his T-shirts, the South Australia District Court heard in October 2003.
The court heard Murdoch told the mother and daughter, who thought they were Murdoch's friends, that he was "on the run" because the police had framed him.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...h-found-guilty-of-falconio-murder-519315.html

MARK COLVIN: A witness at the committal hearing of Bradley John Murdoch has told how he gave her drugs and alcohol, and offered to sell her a gun during an outback trip the month before British tourist, Peter Falconio, disappeared.

The woman, who can't be named, said that Murdoch had agreed to travel ahead of her for much of the journey to Adelaide in June 2001.

45-year-old Murdoch is charged with murdering Peter Falconio and attempting to abduct his girlfriend, Joanne Lees, from the Stuart Highway near Barrow Creek north of Alice Springs less than a month later.

http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2004/s1178761.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_John_Murdoch

Witness tells: 'Murdoch didn't do it'

Published: 9:26 pm, Friday, 9 December 2016

A Witness in the trial of Bradley John Murdoch says the bush mechanic is not guilty of Peter Falconio's murder.

Greg Dick said Falconio and Joanne Lees pulled into his roadhouse at Aileron, about 100km north of Alice Springs, about 4pm on July 14, 2001, the day the British backpacker was murdered.

He said he saw Lees speak to another man at the roadhouse, who he believes was Falconio's killer.

'I saw her speak to somebody outside my place. I didn't take any notice of them until well and truly after it,' he said.

'She jumped up and ran out and spoke to him, why I don't know, I often assumed they were travelling together. I've often thought about that one. He looked like a person who could live in the bush. Live off the land. A very clean, neat fella.'

Read more here.

This case has always intrigued me from the start. Not sure Joanne Lees herself killed him, but I do think she hasn't told the full story, and she may possibly have been complicit. As for Murdoch....hmm, not sure. What was his motive, if he did do it?

Joanne Lees returns to outback where boyfriend Peter Falconio was murdered
By 9NEWS
CRIME
8:12am February 6, 2017

'Next Sunday on 60 Minutes, Liz Hayes travels with Joanne Lees to the outback and returns to the scene where the man she loved was murdered.'

'The British backpacker caught up in one of Australia’s most notorious outback murders has told 60 Minutes the ordeal was like living a “horror movie”.'

'“Horror movies have been made about some of the events that happened to me,” Ms Lees told 60 Minutes’ Liz Hayes in an episode to be aired next Sunday.

Lees said “the thought Pete was still alive” filled her with both both hope and dread as she escaped Murdoch’s clutches.

“Who would have expected there to be a gunman?

“We were so young and carefree… we thought we had the rest of our lives together,” she said.'

'The episode shows Ms Lees in a helicopter flying over the area where the gruelling ordeal took place.

“I know he’s somewhere here,” she said.

The case was covered worldwide, fuelled when initial doubts of the story were raised after her lack of emotion. Ms Lees said suspicions of her making the story up were “like a stab to the heart”.

Ms Lees returned to Australia last year to raise money for a roadside memorial to Mr Falconio in the Northern Territory.

The full story will air on 60 Minutes, Sunday 12 February.'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici
Back