Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 March 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this insight was fantastic. Sure they didn’t solve it but learning about the affair, the drone, the wallets, the fire, his mates insight, really great to listen to. I’m 50/50 - killed by someone they know or a random. I’m sure they were murdered.

More ...

In dense countryside, with high bushfire dangers, Russell would never walk away and leave a fire burning.
Rob knew straight away something unforgiving had happened.
Fire expert ... not a lot of heat to the vehicle, very hot quick fire to the tent (possible accelerant) then put out quickly. Car tyres showed no signs of scorching, esky under truck showed no signs of scorching.

Rob says gas bottle would never be put in tent, always in Russell's truck or under his truck. Always, had a set way of setting up camp. How did the gas bottles get in the fire. If they were turned on, they would have made a quick and hot fire.

Fire expert checked to see if tent would burn, every time he tested by setting it alight, it would go out.
If gas bottles were turned on, they would have kept igniting the tent until it all burned.

Or maybe someone who meant to come back and have another look for anything worth taking ?
Or who might have been planning to disappear the vehicle and got interrupted.

interesting the person relocked the car and took the keys?
kind of makes me fee it was someone familiar or protective of the vehicle and contents, maybe so nobody else, a stranger, could access and steal from it?

More ....

Motive?
Random camper said fire was cold (next day) when they saw it. Leaning toward fire happening late in the evening on 20th.
Everything that takes an image is gone. Drone, phones.
Boots are missing. They had their boots on.
There has been some kind of conflict, altercation. Russell wouldn't take any crapola from anyone. Something could have got out of hand.

Area so remote to put in a drug crop. Experience says drug crop would be closer to an accessible area, not there.

Musterer thinks there may have been illegal hunters. Caught on the drone camera. Confrontation of handing over drone.
When he searched for Russell and Carol saw a large amount of dead deer. Dead stags with antlers missing. Every 200/300 metres, another dead deer. 50 metres from Russell's camp, a dead deer only dead a few days. He thinks illegal hunters spotlighting at night.

Rob tell story about camping, person standing at the edge of the campsite at night, when one of them rushed over to check his vehicle, person disappeared.

So it's obvious there were people in the immediate vicinity of where Russell & Carol had camped.
1) The blackberry sprayer contractor 'saw Russell & Carol and the drone as it flew overhead' and he seemed to think it was theirs. I wonder if he had set up camp somewhere in the vicinity, and if so, why did he not hear another car in the area or noises/guns etc?
2) The illegal shooters in the area and all the dead deer (& beheaded) that were found by the young guy when he was up there searching with the police. I do find this quite concerning.
3) No comments made as to whether 'family or friends' could have been involved. Hmmm ....

More ...

As mentioned, sleeping bags gone. No residue of sleeping bags. No zippers. And keys missing.
Police and experts feel they have fallen victim to foul play.
Russell would have tried to protect them, they may have been carted out in sleeping bags used as body bags.

Victoria police plan to resume search as weather allows. Growing population of wild dogs works against them.
Wild dog eradicator says they form packs (up to a dozen), will surround a deer and pull it down, they are cunning ... (playing a tape of wild dogs howling in the forest, a lot of them) ... they could attack a human if they are hungry enough, if injured and cant get up.
If they have been dumped/hidden in the forest, wild dogs could have got rid of the evidence.

Show over. Next week, Janine Vaughan. New evidence. (Jubes will be on that one.)

Maybe Russell and/or Carol went looking for the drone and one was shot by accident or not, then they shot the other one and then tried to destroy the campsite.
And used the sleeping bags to take the bodies away :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member