Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 March 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
And about the missing credit cards which I presume Russell and Carol would have had.

I don't recall anything said about any attempts to use them. Maybe whoever couldn't resist taking them but then thought it wasn't worth possibly getting caught using them.

The dog packs seem to be sort of a red herring, in my opinion. Why would they attack and eat two people completely with so many dead deer lying about? I know it's intended to explain a possible lack of remains but it doesn't pan out for me.

The dog packs seem to be sort of a red herring, in my opinion. Why would they attack and eat two people completely with so many dead deer lying about? I know it's intended to explain a possible lack of remains but it doesn't pan out for me.

I think they were just looking at as many eventualities as they could.
If Russell and Carol are dumped/hidden somewhere in that huge and remote area, there won't be much chance of anyone finding them anyway.
We are lucky that people stumble across victims like Karen Ristevski - months later - who was placed 50 metres off a popular forest walking track. Nobody is going to stumble across Russell and Carol out there.

It reminds me of when perpetrators claim a mountain lion could have killed someone - and whilst that is of course remotely possible surely there would be some remains of clothing and boots.

TV Ratings February 1: MAFS posts best entertainment rating of the year with 1m+

Married at First Sight threw its first dinner party of the year and served up a healthy dose of drama for the 1.02m that tuned in which was the highest rating entertainment show of 2021.

This was up on last Monday’s premiere episode of 964,000. The show was also #1 in all key demos last night.

This was followed by the first episode of Under Investigation with Liz Hayes which had 755,000.

In the premiere episode, Hayes’ forensic team searched for new clues and new lines of inquiry in the case of Victoria’s “High Country Mystery” – the disappearance of elderly lovers Russell Hill and Carol Clay from a remote alpine campsite.

One thing I do find intriguing is that the tent & belongings were burnt to cinders. Was it done to hide dna evidence or was it done out of anger?
If it was to hide dna then whoever the culprits were must have gone into the tent and done something ie dragged Russell & Carol out
If it was out of anger, what sort of anger? Jealous anger ie family or anger that the drone had seen/photographed something illegal?
If there were other people around, ie the camper who saw the drone, this seems such a risky thing to do.

And about the missing credit cards which I presume Russell and Carol would have had.

I don't recall anything said about any attempts to use them. Maybe whoever couldn't resist taking them but then thought it wasn't worth possibly getting caught using them.
They can usually be sold, if you have the right connections.

It sounds as if in every newsletter they list the honour members (only 6 of them including Carol - Carol was 110% devoted to them said another CWA member).
Now, Carol's name has been removed from the newsletter list. I don't know if they have officially removed the 'honour' but they are making a judgement due to the affair.
It could be because honourary life members have to be, well, alive.

I don't know if this will be any good. I came across it, a YouTube channel about Private Investigator News & Views. He has something schedule for Friday about Russell and Carol (among other things).

Scheduled for Mar 5, 2021 (live in 42 hours)

Five Avenues of Inquiry overlooked or not understood by Police, and Investigators in the 2020 Victorian Carol Clay, and Russell Hill missing persons case.

@Orgona (and any other interested people)

If you google "The Disappearance of Carol Clay and Russell Hill You Tube" you will see a video of the Channel 9 Under Investigation show that we watched the other night.

It is called The Disappearance of Carol Clay and Russell Hill, and it is the full show that a True Crime club (run by John Aylward) has uploaded. If you want to watch it. 49 mins long.

I don't think I can put the link here as it is not an official site - even though the video is the exact Ch9 video.

Last edited:
Police looking for ute in search for missing campers Carol Clay and Russell Hill

Investigators say there is nothing linking the car or the occupants with the 73 and 74-year-old's disappearance from Wonnangatta.
However, police have not given up hope that those travelling in the ute may have some information that is new to investigators.
Police looking for ute in search for missing campers Carol Clay and Russell Hill

Investigators say there is nothing linking the car or the occupants with the 73 and 74-year-old's disappearance from Wonnangatta.
However, police have not given up hope that those travelling in the ute may have some information that is new to investigators.

"As of this afternoon, investigators have been able to identify all vehicles seen in the area near Russell and Carol's campsite on March 20 last year - with the exception of that single car."

Wow .. how good is that?! They have been quietly working hard and haven't let go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa