Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 March 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if anyone apart from subscribers will be able to access it, even here in Australia.

Maybe those who do have access could post any new or important info in it here ?

Isn't it just a regular channel nine program? I know all the PR for it calls it "premium" but they say that in the same breath as 9News, 60 Minutes, Today, A Current Affair... all free to air programs. I think they mean "premium" quality (which is debatable, but whatever), not price.

Trailer here

I hope you're right, Eloise.

Using the word "Premium" does make it sound that it won't be free, but on having a look on channel nine site, I can't see anything about having to pay a fee to watch programmes.

But I see you need to create an account to view online. No different from Channel 10 and SBS.
Not sure if you can view outside Australia.
Maybe you can if you use a VPN ?
I use the built in one in Opera to view some US content, like news items.

I suppose I could watch it on what my kids use to call "the real tv" Ie Free to Air LOL

Last edited:
Just checked and I do have a Channel Nine login. I can't remember the last time I used it, maybe years ago. Possible that they may have updated things since then. Will try it out some time (before the programme is on)

I just want all these poor missing people found. It must be terrible for the families and friends etc not knowing where they are and what happened.

Nine's Under Investigation with Liz Hayes to premiere 1 March

Nine has announced a new true crime investigative series, Under Investigation with Liz Hayes, will be premiering later this month on 1 March 2021 at 9 pm.

The announcement:

Under Investigation with Liz Hayes, a gripping landmark investigative series, premieres Monday, March 1, at 9.00pm on Nine and 9Now.

Under Investigation takes viewers behind closed doors with a panel of experts inside an unfolding television event as the setting of the case under investigation – a calculated crime, an unexplained disappearance or unsolved cold case – is recreated with cutting-edge laser projectors inside Hayes’ studio.

With a focus on mysteries that have fascinated the nation, viewers will enter the investigators’ world. Former top Homicide Detective Gary Jubelin re-examines the baffling disappearance and murder of Janine Vaughan in Bathurst and uncovers a shocking dark side to this quiet NSW country town.

Hayes’ Under Investigation forensic team discovers new clues and new lines of inquiry in the case of Victoria’s “High Country Mystery” – the eerie disappearance of elderly lovers Russell Hill and Carol Clay from a remote alpine campsite.

Experts and exclusive interviews piece together the terrible abduction and murder of Victorian toddler Jaidyn Leskie – a crime for which no one has ever been brought to justice.

A forensic fire expert finds clues to a possible murder in the remains of a bush campfire; international scientists track Vladimir Putin’s chemical assassins and reveal Russia’s ongoing development of banned poisons and nerve agents; and Hayes’ team examines the greatest mystery of our age: Where did the virus that has laid waste to our world come from?

Watch real experts at work in this absorbing series, follow their methodical analysis and gripping insights. Under Investigation with Liz Hayes isn’t just a new show – it’s a whole new genre of television.

Source: Nine media release

New things ....

They did come into contact with others, others could see the closeness (not as much of a secret), they didn't hide when they came into contact with others, some could tell they were a couple
Russell's wife was aware - she told Rob Ashlin it had been going on for 20 years. She wasn't surprised that Carol was camping with Russell, even though she hadn't specifically known Carol had gone
Carol would go on logging truck trips with Russell, while he was working

Russell was 'wealthy', Carol was financially secure

Judgements:
Carol's name as one of only six CWA members of honour has been removed from the CWA newsletter.
Also, some of the 'boys' (Russell's mates) were a bit miffed that an affair was going on.

New things ....

They did come into contact with others, others could see the closeness (not as much of a secret), they didn't hide when they came into contact with others, some could tell they were a couple
Russell's wife was aware - she told Rob Ashlin it had been going on for 20 years. She wasn't surprised that Carol was camping with Russell, even though she hadn't specifically known Carol had gone
Carol would go on logging truck trips with Russell, while he was working

Russell was 'wealthy', Carol was financially secure

Judgements:
Carol's name as one of only six CWA members of honour has been removed from the CWA newsletter.
Also, some of the 'boys' (Russell's mates) were a bit miffed that an affair was going on.

A 20 years long affair, which wasn’t a secret either. I didn’t see this one coming.

Last edited:
More new things ...

Russell called his drone "Fred"
Rob wasn't aware that Carol was with Russell during the final ham radio call ... Russell mentioned no-one else at all
Russell's wife reported him missing, after Rob expressed his concern to her

Local expert (musterer) who was asked to assist in the search says there were signs of intruder. Car locked, all membership cards/ business cards thrown around in the cab, but no bank cards there.
Another camper saw them drive by on Friday night, saw the drone flying over his own camp, he thought it was a bit disrespectful
He was adamant that it was Russell's drone (not anyone else's) - they wonder how he knew

Another expert ... Russell could have handled an emergency if something happened to Carol. Carol may not have been able to handle an emergency if something happened to Russell. She may have ran and hurt herself.

Rob says characteristics of fire were not Russell. It as if everything was thrown in the tent and lit. Russell never would have parked his car near a fire.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member