Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 March 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sleuthing here...

I think its interesting that there doesn't seem to be any reports of suspicious noises here...it seems like C and R weren't the only ones in the area at the time. Even if the nearest camping group were a few hundred meters away suspicious noises like crys for help, screams or gunshots would probably have been heard and reported, IMO.

Sorry to be morbid....Could there be a possibility they were accidentally (or not) run over whilst they were sleeping? This may mean any suspicious sounds like screaming, crys for help or gunshots would not happen...and that would also mean they are already in their sleeping bags...

I am wondering about the gunshots, because people have spoken about hunters in the area ... so I am thinking that maybe shots were heard.

The area where Mr Hill and Ms Clay went missing is popular with deer hunters, and when asked if the probability of a hunter becoming frustrated by Mr Hill's drone and accidentally shooting one of them is being investigated, Mr Stamper said it was a possibility.
"There's a number of scenarios we are looking at," Detective Inspector Stamper told A Current Affair.
"Certainly that's one we can't eliminate.
Campsite clue that could solve mystery of disappearing couple

Maybe gunshot sounds were so frequent there that nobody would take any notice of it.

I'm in the centre of a town but it's a regular thing to hear what I think are hunters out and about at night.
So if someone asked me did I hear gunshots on certain nights, I wouldn't be quite sure as they're so frequent they just don't register in my memory as something out of the ordinary any more.

I've seen lots of vehicles here that look like they're set up for hunters, with big spotlights.

Last edited:
Being somewhat of an "older person", and speaking from experience, I can't believe that Carol and Russell were already in bed when they were attacked (or accidentally killed.) We older folk always go to the toilet just before getting into bed - makes for one less trip overnight! Russell may not have used their fancy little toilet tent, but Carol would have. And one thing we do know is that it wasn't used.

...regarding gun shots, since there needs to be two people that are killed then there could be sounds of a person in distress between the 1st and 2nd shot, which would probably echo across the valley as loud as the 2nd shot itself.

Whist people shooting in that area may not be uncommon, its unlikely they would be a few hundred meters from people that are camping ( like C and R), as deers are much more elusive than that...

Maybe gunshot sounds were so frequent that there nobody would take any notice of it.

I'm in the centre of a town but it's a regular thing to hear what I think are hunters out and about at night.
So if someone asked me did I hear gunshots on certain nights, I wouldn't be quite sure as they're so frequent they just don't register in my memory as something out of the ordinary any more.

I've seen lots of vehicles here that look like they're set up for hunters, with big spotlights.

Yes. It could be a matter of someone(s) not remembering exactly when they heard gunshots but remembering they heard them throughout their few days in the Wonnangatta Valley, at various times during the day and evening.

Whist people shooting in that area may not be uncommon, its unlikely they would be a few hundred meters from people that are camping ( like C and R), as deers are much more elusive than that...

Though I could show you pics of wild deer in the back gardens of two different friends I know who live in the country.

Last edited:
Being somewhat of an "older person", and speaking from experience, I can't believe that Carol and Russell were already in bed when they were attacked (or accidentally killed.) We older folk always go to the toilet just before getting into bed - makes for one less trip overnight! Russell may not have used their fancy little toilet tent, but Carol would have. And one thing we do know is that it wasn't used.

Haha!.. yes But mabye the Police are talking about " numer 2s" when they say the toilet wasn't used...it was after all over a week until any forensic experts arrived...

Yes you're right, Kemug. Carol would have needed to go before bed.

I have known some males though who camp who suddenly think it's ok for them to do a wee behind a bush, behind the car, behind the tent etc, instead of using the toilet.
It's like it's part of getting away from it all for them, I think lol. I guess it's a man thing.

Anyway I think that the enclosed toilet was mostly for Carol.
Whatever, something happened fairly quickly. I would say within an hour or two of the toilet being set up.

If it was me and I see the toilet being set up, I'd want to go right away, even if I didn't need to before. A bit like the running water thing.

Yeah, i do agree...though it was a long time before any experts got there...

Maybe Carol had a pee behind a tree in anticipation of the toilet to being set up....hehe
IDK, it's a seriously unladylike position requiring a certain amount of strength and good balance or it can easily mess up your shoes, etc. Some women refuse to drink anything for long periods so as not to have to go in the bushes.

But I wonder, perhaps she was tidy enough to empty the toilet basin
after using it?

IDK, it's a seriously unladylike position requiring a certain amount of strength and good balance or it can easily mess up your shoes, etc. Some women refuse to drink anything for long periods so as not to have to go in the bushes.

But I wonder, perhaps she was tidy enough to empty the toilet basin
after using it?
Carol sounds like everything about her didn't suit the bush, She must have liked him a lot . I've foregone public toilets to wee in the bush bc it's cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member