Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If any of you had listened to the police presser properly Sam's dad was talking about his car. He mentioned a few details and stated the bank would of taken care of that. So if ST had of got a loan from the bank for his vehicle he would i imagine have been paying it off. He would of paid in full for the vehicle, but the loan would of been repayments. So Sam's car i think would be owned by the bank depending on how many payments are still owed and is property of the bank. Just like when you don't continue loan repayments whatever you're paying off gets repossessed. Unless ST's family is paying it off still?
There also is no verified information that Sam obtained ill gotten money from drugs, <modsnip> All IMO.

If any of you had listened to the police presser properly Sam's dad was talking about his car. He mentioned a few details and stated the bank would of taken care of that. So if ST had of got a loan from the bank for his vehicle he would i imagine have been paying it off. He would of paid in full for the vehicle, but the loan would of been repayments. So Sam's car i think would be owned by the bank depending on how many payments are still owed and is property of the bank. Just like when you don't continue loan repayments whatever you're paying off gets repossessed. Unless ST's family is paying it off still?
There also is no verified information that Sam obtained ill gotten money from drugs, <modsnip> All IMO.
If you remember in earlier threads a public search established that there are no encumberances on that vehicle. It is paid off in full.

Just a thought, whilst at dwb today, the car park at the end of the road from dwb reserve had some very tight (appear to be recent) donut skids and the road (Kluver turned Wyama) has a few skids and in places would make an ideal drag strip. BTW it's quite creepy at the end of the road. Every car or cyclist I passed we checked each other out. Moo

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk

<modsnip> Hard for a young person to not test the limits of a hot vehicle.

I imagine it will take a while for the community around there to settle back down from this crime. It is pretty horrific, and we don't even know all the details yet. But everyone seems to know everyone, or know of everyone. And when I was google-walking that beautiful spot at DWB Reserve, it looked as if it could be quite lonely a lot of the time.

I think Sams family may have been coached as to what they reveal. Moo and can someone verify the revs? search done by a member please? Tia

I think Sams family may have been coached as to what they reveal. Moo and can someone verify the revs? search done by a member please? Tia

I think it was Marples that did the search on the vehicle. It cost a few dollars. I will go back a bit later and see if I can find the post.

And, yes, I agree that the family will have been advised what info to stay away from. Much info will not be revealed to them either, for their own protection and for protection of the police case.

I think it was Marples that did the search on the vehicle. It cost a few dollars. I will go back a bit later and see if I can find the post.

And, yes, I agree that the family will have been advised what info to stay away from. Much info will not be revealed to them either, for their own protection and for protection of the police case.

Thread #3, post 135, Marples it seems, but don't know how to bring it forward.

I have a question for our learned sleuthers. Would it be the normal for a window to be left open/ajar whilst a forensic investigation is being conducted? I'm only asking as when I drove past RB'S whilst the police were there it stuck out to me that 1 awning window was clearly open, whilst no others were clearly open. I would have taken a photo but the officer in the van out front was obviously checking every vehicle as they past. The window was at the back right hand side. FYI whilst the investigation was going on that day (possibly a Sunday imo) there was a Le car parked opposite the window on the lot next door. I have always wondered why the accused would allegedly purchase these items several days after Sam went missing. Could Sam have been still onsite for a time causing an odour given the delay in purchasing said items? All moo with respect.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...s/news-story/b6e1c68863baf19e169dbb7c68314612

I have a question for our learned sleuthers. Would it be the normal for a window to be left open/ajar whilst a forensic investigation is being conducted? I'm only asking as when I drove past RB'S whilst the police were there it stuck out to me that 1 awning window was clearly open, whilst no others were clearly open. I would have taken a photo but the officer in the van out front was obviously checking every vehicle as they past. The window was at the back right hand side. FYI whilst the investigation was going on that day (possibly a Sunday imo) there was a Le car parked opposite the window on the lot next door. I have always wondered why the accused would allegedly purchase these items several days after Sam went missing. Could Sam have been still onsite for a time causing an odour given the delay in purchasing said items? All moo with respect.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...s/news-story/b6e1c68863baf19e169dbb7c68314612

He could well have still been on site for a few days......as we've established, these guys were no criminal masterminds. Seems like the kind of thing they might have done while they worked out what to do with the body.

And indeed, with the warm weather at that time of year, it would not have been pleasant.

JMO

ps. thanks for all the local info, Seek. Much appreciated :seeya:

For whatever reason Sam's dad stated that in the presser & no one here really knows why? And for what reason? They were random questions asked of Sam's dad by the press.
It still doesn't alter the fact for me that nothing has been officially stated that Sam had ill gotten money through drugs. <modsnip> And until further charges are brought in regard to that, which may or may not be a fact no one knows.
And i personally don't care as to what Sam's family do with his vehicle, as far as i'm concerned it's none of our business. IMO.

For whatever reason Sam's dad stated that in the presser & no one here really knows why? And for what reason? They were random questions asked of Sam's dad by the press.
It still doesn't alter the fact for me that nothing has been officially stated that Sam had ill gotten money through drugs. <modsnip> And until further charges are brought in regard to that, which may or may not be a fact no one knows.
And i personally don't care as to what Sam's family do with his vehicle, as far as i'm concerned it's none of our business. IMO.

Yes, we get that Karinna. We really do.

But we are still entitled to sleuth whatever we want with regard to the case. Possibilities, theories, ideas, different angles, whatever. You know that. :)

All good mate I've valued your opinion here and in other cases on ws. <modsnip>

Yes, we get that Karinna. We really do.

But we are still entitled to sleuth whatever we want with regard to the case. Possibilities, theories, ideas, different angles, whatever. You know that. :)

I am going by what the moderator posted up on page #1 on this thread:
(quote)
RSBM
Brainstorming theories is encouraged, but must be based on fact. For our purposes, "fact" refers to information published in the mainstream media (MSM) or other acceptable sources, such as academic and professional publications.
(unquote)

I have seen nothing factual in MSM or otherwise stated as acceptable source that the victim was drug dealing/trafficking? But that could change at some stage?

(quote)
RSBM
Brainstorming theories is encouraged, but must be based on fact. For our purposes, "fact" refers to information published in the mainstream media (MSM) or other acceptable sources, such as academic and professional publications.
(unquote)

I have seen nothing factual in MSM or otherwise stated as acceptable source that the victim was drug dealing/trafficking? But that could change at some stage?

Fortunately, there are at least a couple of statements that have been stated in MSM that give us LOTS of leeway for speculation.

And given Sam's documented lifestyle, on his FB account, the range of unsavoury characters he may have been involved with would fit within a certain range of types, I would think.

Samuel Thompson is believed to have met with foul play and police have said are looking into connections with &#8220;unsavoury types&#8221;.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...n/news-story/74df6181f568045710ed15c3f9d561b7

Two of his close friends, however, spoke on condition of anonymity and expressed concern over unfounded rumours circulating on social media concerning Mr Thompson&#8217;s alleged link to drugs.
http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...w/news-story/90d2fbb1c06192d870a32a1729263dd4

Fortunately, there are at least a couple of statements that have been stated in MSM that give us LOTS of leeway for speculation.

And given Sam's documented lifestyle, on his FB account, the range of unsavoury characters he may have been involved with would fit within a certain range of types, I would think.

Samuel Thompson is believed to have met with foul play and police have said are looking into connections with &#8220;unsavoury types&#8221;.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...n/news-story/74df6181f568045710ed15c3f9d561b7

Two of his close friends, however, spoke on condition of anonymity and expressed concern over unfounded rumours circulating on social media concerning Mr Thompson&#8217;s alleged link to drugs.
http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...w/news-story/90d2fbb1c06192d870a32a1729263dd4

BBM, Yes, alleged link to drugs from rumors from Social Media, which we can't discuss unless it's per TOS. So i don't know how else that could be verified?
The "unsavory characters" as per police, but unsavory in what way? They could of been criminals in some other way? Thieves perhaps?

BBM, Yes, alleged link to drugs from rumors from Social Media, which we can't discuss unless it's per TOS. So i don't know how else that could be verified?
The "unsavory characters" as per police, but unsavory in what way? They could of been criminals in some other way? Thieves perhaps?

We are allowed to link to and discuss the victim's social media, which contains many drug references which have already been discussed here within TOS. One poster was even so kind as to go to the trouble of listing the social media entries, with the dates.

We are allowed to link to and discuss the victim's social media, which contains many drug references which have already been discussed here within TOS. One poster was even so kind as to go to the trouble of listing the social media entries, with the dates.
Thanks for the info.
From what i just read linking to a victim or suspects FB page is ok. Paraphrasing from a victim or suspects page is ok. But screenshots of their pages are not.

(quote)
RSBM
(unquote)

<modsnip>

What still irks me, if we're all of the opinion Sam was drug dealing or money laundering, w/e, why didn't the police think the same when he, a 22yr old childcare worker reported his ($60,000-70,000) Mustang and luxury goods stolen back in Sept? It's not adding up, imo. It was a home invasion crime too which is extremely suspicious.

Police say few home invasions are random, with most victims involved in criminal activity or mixing with those who are.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...t/news-story/8eee96e337f56fffa7f9f8c1bb2f32b7

This is from an old article about home invasions increasing since 2013 especially on the Gold Coast.

Is it because Sam didn't fit the profile? There is more to this imo, and it does stem back to the robbery and what the police noted back then. This couldn't have been investigated as a run-of-the-mill theft of a car, so why was Sam able to continue his illegal activities? UNLESS, he was able to prove on paper a legitimate reason for the money which enabled him to buy an expensive car and accessories. Police don't just take your word for it, believe me, they don't.

Exactly! Unsavoury in what way? Let's speculate!!!! :skip:

Thanks for the info.
From what i just read linking to a victim or suspects FB page is ok. Paraphrasing from a victim or suspects page is ok. But screenshots of their pages are not.
That's right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member