Found Deceased Australia - Sanaya Sahib, 15 mos, Heidelberg West, Vic, 9 April 2016 *Arrest*

This scenario makes me feel sick. Maybe it's my line of work and spending time in this forum reading cases like this but whenever I'm out with my toddler I'm always super vigilant and a bit paranoid about people around me.

If this happened to me (unless I was knocked out) I would be back up very quickly and running after the guy, screaming, shrieking, fighting, whatever it took.

Prams/strollers can be quite fiddley to unclip, especially when you aren't familiar with them. He must have been very quick.

What a horrible situation. I hope she is found quickly and safe and well.

Your friend is amazing! He should be proud of his instincts!

I know this does not apply to a 15 month old, but I taught all of my children, nieces and nephews that if someone grabs them to scream "This is not my mommy/daddy" because if they just struggle and yell, people will think they are simply naughty.

Yes, that he is. He's retired now and suffers PTDS due to the horrible things he has experienced in the Police Force. His ultimate hatred is for pedophiles.

The story of the child at the Royal Easter Show was foiled because of the mother yelled. She yelled and someone responded!

Maybe this Fijian mum's cries for help weren't heard? Surely she yelled.

Oh this IS the worst nightmare!!

Wondering if she had a phone with her and if she called the police straight away or had to return home to do that. I wonder how far the family lives from the park?

I think I would be running in the direction of the man carrying my child and not running home.

Not suggesting anything just pondering and trying to piece things together.

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...f89601b63?sv=d35fcbf774aa1629d3e8cd31d57c32c4

"LATEST: POLICE now say the disappearance of a 13-month-old girl is being treated as suspicious after her mystery disappearance from a park in Melbourne’s northeast.

A search continues today, as the mother family claimed her daughter had been snatched from her pram at a popular park in Melbourne’s northeast.

Inspector Paul Tymms confirmed this evening that the disappearance was being treated as suspicious."

BBM - hmmmm

There's a rather worrying comment in the last few minutes from FHE about a previous abduction attempt.

That aside, it does sound odd.

The media is all over the shop with reporting on this, spelling the same name differently within a sentence of each other. And before I read the claim that it was a man of Somali appearance I could have sworn it said another race.

The ABC news website lists no description of a man - to me this speaks volumes as they are a lot more refrained in their crime story reporting - and checking into the police news sites confirms that the police are not offering any details about a potential abductor. Given they have an "eye witness" there are only a few scenarios where I imagine they'd not share those details. I think we'll see an arrest over night. Poor little bubba.

http://www.vicpolicenews.com.au/news/9670-police-search-for-toddler-in-heidelberg-west-.html

What a gorgeous little girl, please let her be OK!

Trying to be positive but something sounds off :(

LATEST: THE search for a missing toddler has been called off for Saturday night.

Police were unable to find any new leads or clues into her whereabouts.

The search operation was packed up about 9.30pm. Rescue teams will resume at the park and creek at first light.

Crime scene guards will remain at Olympic Park overnight.

The girl’s mother remains at a police station as detectives continue to investigate how the toddler went missing.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...t/news-story/eed24b1ef2ff9787603d085f89601b63

She is just too cute!
I guess there were no other witnesses to the abduction?

"Popular park"... Let's hope there is another witness that comes forward..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LATEST: THE search for a missing toddler has been called off for Saturday night.

The search operation was packed up about 9.30pm. Rescue teams will resume at the park and creek at first light.

The girl’s mother remains at a police station as detectives continue to investigate how the toddler went missing.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...t/news-story/eed24b1ef2ff9787603d085f89601b63

Sounds like they may think she never left the park? Poor baby

:( I have a horrible feeling about this. That poor little baby.

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...f89601b63?sv=d35fcbf774aa1629d3e8cd31d57c32c4

"LATEST: POLICE now say the disappearance of a 13-month-old girl is being treated as suspicious after her mystery disappearance from a park in Melbourne’s northeast.

A search continues today, as the mother family claimed her daughter had been snatched from her pram at a popular park in Melbourne’s northeast.

Inspector Paul Tymms confirmed this evening that the disappearance was being treated as suspicious."

BBM - hmmmm

Hope that this precious child is found safe. Poor baby :( I have some initial thoughts/feeling that I really hope I'm wrong about, so I'll keep it to myself for now. Too many cases that I've followed recently just make me suspicious here and have my hinky meter going. I dunno. JMO

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

None of this sits right with me, I really don't have a good feeling about this and really don't believe it is an abduction.

Praying for the baby girl that she's found safe.
I don't know what to believe or not. Such a bizarre story.

Why the word suspicious used in an abduction??
Up thread, one MSM reported that the mother was separated from the father. I do hope there is no mental or revenge issues here.

The disappearance of a toddler from a Melbourne park is being treated as suspicious, police say.
The 15-month-old girl was last seen by a family member about 10am on Saturday at Olympic Park in Heidelberg West.
Teams would be working through the night.
"Investigators are keeping an open mind to various scenarios, but we are treating the case as suspicious," a police spokeswoman said on Saturday night.
The child's mother is assisting police with enquires, but she is not in custody.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back