Australia Australia - Shiva Chauhan, 27, Melbourne, Vic, 1 May 2014

http://www.vicpolicenews.com.au/new...nvestigate-disappearance-of-delivery-man.html

HOMICIDE SQUAD INVESTIGATE DISAPPEARANCE OF DELIVERY MAN

Homicide Squad Missing Person Squad
detectives have taken over the investigation into the disappearance of 27-year-old Melbourne man Shiva Chauhan.

Investigators have been told Shiva began his delivery route on Thursday night and was last heard from via text message around 11.30pm.

Concerns were raised on Friday morning when it was discovered his deliveries were not made and he had failed to turn up to an arranged meeting the same afternoon. .

BBM
Interesting that the Homicide Squad have taken over the investigation. Obviously they know a lot more and there is more going on behind the scenes of which we aren't privy to at the moment.
Very strange case but certainly doesn't sound like a good outcome at all :(

It does seem a bit coincidental that Shiva was asked by a friend to do that night’s delivery, and then he suddenly goes missing.

Did he often do this type of favour for his friend, or was this the first and only time that he was going to do the bread pick up/delivery for him?

Folks a reminder about facebook. Unless you're 100% sure the page belongs to the victim please don't post it.

You can paraphrase a comment from social media but then those comments can't be discussed.

Oh no, just found this thread.
Handsome young man, where are you?
@ Fruit Tingles - If the Homicide squad are involved, I agree, there may have been some evidence left at the scene they've picked up on but aren't letting on about.
Prayers for Shiva's family at this time.
I hope he comes home to them soon.

Have just driven from South Gippsland highway (Tip Top Bakery) along Greens/Hutton Rd to Chapel Rd. It is approximately 7 km. It seems to be developing at a very fast rate.
Left side of road has new industrial buildings up to Perry Road. Right side has a number of large tracts of land with churches/Asian religious centres. Left side of road has a mosque again on large tract of land and there is a Masonic centre as well.
Left side of road from Perry road to Chapel Rd and then to Springvale Road is all bush.

I could not see anywhere that resembled the photo in the newspaper as to where the van was found. Nothing looked out of the ordinary.
If they were to mount a search in the area there is quite a lot of land around Chapel Rd that would need to be searched.

Another thought. Was this mistaken identity? Could the regular driver of the van been the one targeted.

It is very dark in this area of a night. It is 80km an hour speed limit and no one to notice anything going on. Not much traffic in the night. Heavy in morning and afternoon servicing all the industrial areas in Dandenong, JMOO

Have just driven from South Gippsland highway (Tip Top Bakery) along Greens/Hutton Rd to Chapel Rd. It is approximately 7 km. It seems to be developing at a very fast rate.
Left side of road has new industrial buildings up to Perry Road. Right side has a number of large tracts of land with churches/Asian religious centres. Left side of road has a mosque again on large tract of land and there is a Masonic centre as well.
Left side of road from Perry road to Chapel Rd and then to Springvale Road is all bush.

I could not see anywhere that resembled the photo in the newspaper as to where the van was found. Nothing looked out of the ordinary.
If they were to mount a search in the area there is quite a lot of land around Chapel Rd that would need to be searched.

Another thought. Was this mistaken identity? Could the regular driver of the van been the one targeted.

It is very dark in this area of a night. It is 80km an hour speed limit and no one to notice anything going on. Not much traffic in the night. Heavy in morning and afternoon servicing all the industrial areas in Dandenong, JMOO

BBM. I thought that too, Marg - as soon as I read that it wasn't his regular job and he was just filling in for a friend, I wondered if the friend was the target.......

Thanks for the local info, also. Good to have the added detail!:seeya:

Thanks for being our "boots on the ground", Marge! :seeya:

the fact that he was a substitute delivery driver that night is niggling my brain, too...

could it have been a case of mistaken identity?

or could the substitution have been part of a plan?

I hope we find out!

So, I am guessing that Shiva’s phone is missing too. While it says his personal belongings were left in the truck, I notice his friend says ….

“He’s always on the phone. There’s no way he would have actually switched off his phone for three days now.”

I wonder if his phone last pinged where the van was found.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...d-in-keysborough/story-fngnvmhm-1226905643475

No updates on Shiva Chauhan in msm...
I hope the Victorian Homicide Squad are onto something then, and just keeping msm out of the mix for good reason.

65mvrk.jpg

A photo of Mr Chauhan’s silver Ford transit van has also been released.

"...... was last sighted at a bakery on South Park Road, Dandenong South around 12.30am on Friday 2 May.

......located on Hutton Road in Keysborough around 3pm on Friday. Investigators have since been told the van was sighted at that location around 5.40am that day.

Anyone with information about Mr Chauhan’s whereabouts, or who may have seen his delivery van in the Dandenong and Keysborough areas on Friday morning, is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000. Information can be provided anonymously."

http://www.vicpolicenews.com.au/new...r-information-about-missing-delivery-man.html

I keep staring at this case, because it makes very little sense to me outside a very narrow set of possible scenarios. Mainly as grown men don't tend to be yanked out of their vehicles and abducted off the face of the earth at random.

So here's the few options that somewhat make sense to me:

1. What I said earlier. In with the wrong crowd, somebody looked for a chance to bump him off and found it.

2. In with the wrong crowd, got a fright and chose to run and hide.

3. Has other, more personal reasons for wanting a new life. Vanished himself.

4. He was carjacked. Killed, dumped somewhere. Then the vehicle was dumped. (and locked? dunno about that one...)

5. Random abduction/murder of a grown man by some homicidal freak. Really unlikely, IMO. But weirder things have happened.

6. ???? Here, I come up blank.

65mvrk.jpg

A photo of Mr Chauhan’s silver Ford transit van has also been released.

"...... was last sighted at a bakery on South Park Road, Dandenong South around 12.30am on Friday 2 May.

......located on Hutton Road in Keysborough around 3pm on Friday. Investigators have since been told the van was sighted at that location around 5.40am that day.

Anyone with information about Mr Chauhan’s whereabouts, or who may have seen his delivery van in the Dandenong and Keysborough areas on Friday morning, is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000. Information can be provided anonymously."

http://www.vicpolicenews.com.au/new...r-information-about-missing-delivery-man.html

Majority of vehicles owned by large companies are sign written unless they are owned by contractors or are hired replacement vehicles, if new, they are usually sign written before they are delivered. Mobile advertising is a must. Just a thought.

Fears for missing Victorian delivery man

May 08, 2014 7:20PM

GRAVE fears are now held for an Indian student who went missing while on his delivery job in Melbourne a week ago.

Homicide detectives have taken over the investigation into the disappearance of Shiva Chauhan who didn't complete any of his bread deliveries last Friday

Homicide Squad Detective Inspector John Potter says there are concerns for Mr Chauhan who has no relatives in Australia.

He says Mr Chauhan is on a student visa but works delivering bread in Melbourne's south.

http://www.news.com.au/national/bre...ian-delivery-man/story-e6frfku9-1226910832271

I keep staring at this case, because it makes very little sense to me outside a very narrow set of possible scenarios. Mainly as grown men don't tend to be yanked out of their vehicles and abducted off the face of the earth at random.

1. What I said earlier. In with the wrong crowd, somebody looked for a chance to bump him off and found it.

4. He was carjacked. Killed, dumped somewhere. Then the vehicle was dumped. (and locked? dunno about that one...)

5. Random abduction/murder of a grown man by some homicidal freak. Really unlikely, IMO. But weirder things have happened.

Re no. 1 - Or the friend who usually did the deliveries was the target?

:(
What I see here is another student alone in this country, who had good friends and was a responsible person, who has had something happen to them - and if it is consistent with the other young people who have gone missing or been harmed - it has been through no fault of their own.
Just an ugly aspect that is raising its head in MSM more increasingly.
I really do hope he is found.

I did think maybe, just maybe it was an opportunistic assault. He may have just got out of the van to pee (as we know people do) - and he was vulnerable at that point, not being in the safety of his vehicle - he was taken. Especially if it was a targeted attack and he was being stalked - and possibly (as mentioned) it was a mistaken identity.
It may explain why his belongings were still in the van.

I wonder if they have/or will use K9's in the search where the van was found, or in the immediate area?

I wonder what the arranged meeting was. And why it would cause concern if Shiva did not turn up for it. The police keep mentioning the meeting in their press releases, as if it was an important one that a person would/should not miss. Surely it would be enough to say that he was missing after his van was found abandoned, bread undelivered, and no-one could reach him?

".... and he had failed to turn up to an arranged meeting the same afternoon."

Friends have a FB page called Help Find Shiva Chauhan. It is now Day 10 since Shiva disappeared. Friends are putting up posters throughout Victoria, to help find Shiva.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Shiva-Chauhan/100008271372081?fref=ufi

They have also shared an appeal from Shiva's family.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1391560084463024&id=100008271372081

Whatever has happened to Shiva, he seems to have family and many friends who love and care for him. I wonder if he may have overstayed a visa, or perhaps have a student visa and no longer be studying, or may be working more than the 40 hours per fortnight that student visas allow.

I hope that he can return to his loved ones soon. :please:

Friends have a FB page called Help Find Shiva Chauhan. It is now Day 10 since Shiva disappeared. Friends are putting up posters throughout Victoria, to help find Shiva.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Shiva-Chauhan/100008271372081?fref=ufi

They have also shared an appeal from Shiva's family.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1391560084463024&id=100008271372081

Whatever has happened to Shiva, he seems to have family and many friends who love and care for him. I wonder if he may have overstayed a visa, or perhaps have a student visa and no longer be studying, or may be working more than the 40 hours per fortnight that student visas allow.

I hope that he can return to his loved ones soon. :please:

He really is well loved, which is wonderful. I SO hope that he is found safe and well.:please:

Am sending him much love.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back