Australia Australia - Siriyakorn 'Bung' Siriboon, 13, Boronia, Vic, 2 June 2011

I really can't believe that this case hasn't been solved. It's so frustrating. It's just over a year since she was last seen, but there is nothing mentioned in the media anymore. The last sighting placed her within 130 meters of the school, that doesn't really leave much time/opportunity for something to go wrong. It seems so unbelievable.

It's pretty sad that this is the first I have heard of this and I live in Victoria! Surely someone knows something and can come forward?!

It's pretty sad that this is the first I have heard of this and I live in Victoria! Surely someone knows something and can come forward?!

Thanks for coming over and reading here Ambien. I was similarly shocked when I heard about it 4 months later on the radio, I would not have known myself had I not caught that snippet. So few people have heard of her apparent abduction. Please spread the word.

I'm in WA and did hear about this when she went missing. Nothing since though and I had completely forgotten about the poor girl until I read her name again here.

I hope the police get the break through they need to bring her home.

Where are you Bung?

It makes me wonder about the amount of media attention some missing people get. In the case of Bung's culture/ beliefs, her parents are very quiet and peaceful.
vs...
Those who's families actively create call outs for public assistance via social media etc
Just makes me wonder....

There has been several snippets of her in the news paper but nothing overly huge that i can link you all too.

Missing posters are still up around Boronia. How sad. Seriously.

Laurel Irving ‏@laurelirving7 2h Big breakthrough in missing Melb schoolgirl Bung Siriboon: #7NewsMelb can reveal police are closely monitoring a suspect"

Peter Mitchell ‏@Peter_Mitchell7 2h Police have been monitoring a suspect over the 2011 disappearance of 13-y-o Boronia schoolgirl Bung Siriboon. #Firston7News

April 24, 2013 - 9:44PM

Police have categorically denied media reports that a prisoner who committed suicide this week was the prime suspect in the disappearance of Boronia school girl Siriyakorn "Bung" Siriboon in 2011.

A police spokeswoman said emphatically on Wednesday night that although Knight had been questioned over Bung's disappearance – along with a large number of other known sex offenders – he was not a suspect when he died.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/police-deny-prisoner-killed-bung-20130424-2ifbd.html#ixzz2RNgDhKIO

So mad!!! What horrible journalism from ch7 if the age is accurate :(

I agree ozazure...7news sure has some explaining to do but my guess is they won't bother.

I'm Confused, what did channel 7 do?
I hope that they find out who is responsible for her disappearance. I also hope they find her alive, but I don't feel that will happen :(

Police deny reports on Bung's disappearance

Police have categorically denied media reports that a prisoner who committed suicide this week was the prime suspect in the disappearance of Boronia school girl Siriyakorn "Bung" Siriboon in 2011.

The man, Robert Keith Knight, was jailed in 1997 for kidnapping and sexually abusing a girl in 1996, then sentenced again in 1998 for similar offences committed in 1980.

I'm Confused, what did channel 7 do?
I hope that they find out who is responsible for her disappearance. I also hope they find her alive, but I don't feel that will happen :(

They released the above tweets and said over the tv that there was suspect who had been monitored for three months, this was around 8pm. Late night, after about 10pm, the age had an article stating media reports that a man who died via suicide on remand had been a prime suspect, were incorrect although he had been investigated, he was cleared. They stole their story out from under them to correct it, with police statements. The subsequent article from ch7 and the herald sun had "insider" comments and the subsequent refutation.

They released the above tweets and said over the tv that there was suspect who had been monitored for three months, this was around 8pm. Late night, after about 10pm, the age had an article stating media reports that a man who died via suicide on remand had been a prime suspect, were incorrect although he had been investigated, he was cleared. They stole their story out from under them to correct it, with police statements. The subsequent article from ch7 and the herald sun had "insider" comments and the subsequent refutation.

Oh derp... I totally read that wrong, I read age as how old someone was, not age as in MSM... Thanks a bunch for that!

Paedophile Robert Knight's pictures a concern bfore his release

DEAD paedophile Robert Knight drew pictures of children and was told he had to address his "deviant sexual arousal" just months before he was due to be released from prison.

[snip]

Knight, whom the Herald Sun exclusively revealed was questioned over the suspected kidnap and murder of schoolgirl Siriyakorn "Bung" Siriboon in Boronia in 2011, was arrested last October after 10,000 child sex abuse images were found on his computer.

More: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...fore-his-release/story-e6freon6-1226635620705

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...ey-to-kidnappers/story-fnat7jnn-1226639939673

Alex White From: Sunday Herald Sun May 11, 2013 10:00PM

<snipped>
The latest figures come as one of the state's most alarming child abduction cases, missing schoolgirl Siriyakorn "Bung" Siriboon, remains unsolved.

The 13-year-old vanished as she went to school along Harcourt Rd in Boronia at 8.55am on June 2, 2011.

Police received more than 600 calls on the case in a year, but still have no clue what happened to the girl.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...ey-to-kidnappers/story-fnat7jnn-1226639939673

Alex White From: Sunday Herald Sun May 11, 2013 10:00PM

<snipped>
The latest figures come as one of the state's most alarming child abduction cases, missing schoolgirl Siriyakorn "Bung" Siriboon, remains unsolved.

The 13-year-old vanished as she went to school along Harcourt Rd in Boronia at 8.55am on June 2, 2011.

Police received more than 600 calls on the case in a year, but still have no clue what happened to the girl.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back