Australia Australia - Theo Hayez, 18, Belgian backpacker, Byron Bay, June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the reference to this. A 14th of June post on Australian Missing Person's Register that Joseph is believed to have traveled to Lennox Head area. Am I allowed to share snips on here from Missing Person's Register FB page? But you can find it easy enough. It was posted on June 14th. Did not find the comment I was looking for but this info should be significant if shared by Missing Person's Register. May not be related to Theo's case could be coincidental and he wasn't a backpacker but was travelling, likes the beach, fishing etc and believed to have been going to Lennox Head according to the Missing Persons FB page.

Thanks for that, No it is truely strange another young man missing that could have been in the area.

There seems to be alot of communication and confusion if they he was last seen in QLD or Tassie by the QLD and Tas police. If he was in fact in QLD and possibly seen in Lennox then this is really really strange.

A post from the LFTH Facebook page (the one by his family)

This is a post from Theo's father Laurent. A little bit more information on his trip around Australia and his plans when he returned home.

Clearly can see that he truely intended to return home, s o what stopped him?

Heartbreaking.

"Théo arrived in Australia on the 12th of November.
He was welcomed and hosted by his Godfather, who lives in Melbourne. That’s where Théo spent the first month of his adventure.
Then, Théo had the chance to get a job at the Australian Open Tennis.
In February, he went to Tasmania with a French backpacker.
Once back on the mainland, Théo met with his cousin Lisa and they both started working in a farm to harvest apples and pears.
He also had the opportunity to work in a gardening company (like his father, who is a Landscape Architect)
After that, he traveled with three other backpackers to Alice Springs in central Australia, after which he moved north to Cairns.
He began to travel south along the east coast to finally get to Byron Bay on May 30th.
He had planned to leave Byron on Monday, June 3rd to catch-up with his Godfather in Melbourne on June 5th....
He was very happy to return home on June 13th! A few days before his disappearance, he asked his mum if it was possible to organize a party at her house with all his friends to celebrate him being back in Belgium...
He also asked me (Laurent) if it would be possible to work with me in gardening to earn some money once he was back.
In September, Théo intends to start engineering studies in mechanical technologies, related to the environment.
Since he was very young, Théo is very interested in the environment and dreams of inventing a car that will have zero impact on the planet ....
His Mom, his brother Lucas and I keep hope, thanks also to the incredible support of the Belgian, Australian and Byron community. Hoping for the possibility of another scenario than the one of the accident !!!!
If, however, Théo has left this poor Earth, and is currently having fun with whales, turtles and dolphins ...; Vinciane, Lucas and I, while looking at the beautiful smile of Théo on the pictures of his Australian adventure, are relieved to see that he spent the last 6 months (of his too short life ...) in a beautiful country, meeting wonderful people !!!!
Thank you to the people of Belgium, Australia and elsewhere for the attention and love that you bring to Theo !!!!
You are not mistaken! He deserves it !!!!!"
Vinciane Delforge, Lucas and Laurent Hayez

Thanks for that, No it is truely strange another young man missing that could have been in the area.

There seems to be alot of communication and confusion if they he was last seen in QLD or Tassie by the QLD and Tas police. If he was in fact in QLD and possibly seen in Lennox then this is really really strange.
His card was used at Lennox on June 3rd as reported by a close family member. So this was after he was already reported missing.Perhaps he wanted to disappear for awhile but he has not been seen or heard from since having dinner at Kingston Qld. with another family member around the end May. This was the last confirmed sighting, contact with him. This info is from a family member's public post on their wall so probably not appropriate to share here. He was in Kingston Qld. and his card used in Lennox later on June 3rd. I think maybe though he intended to disappear for awhile. Just a feeling but yet keeping an eye on this just in case it may link in to Theo but most likely unrelated. Just guessing though.

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm new, I've joined because I love trying to solve mysteries and was drown about this. I was a lurker for some cases, but this really got me.
I've been through the posts and articles in the last few days, and hers are some thoughts.
1) FB/ Messenger text time (12.20 am June 1)
a) The receiver in Belgium should have received this message with a timestamp May 31 16.20(4.20pm) if Theo has indeed sent it on June 1 12.20am.
I think that this is an important point: the time difference between Byron Bay and Belgium changed on June 4th from 9 hrs difference to 8 hours. This could might have confused the time difference calculation.
Time Difference Between Byron bay Australia and Brussels Belgium over the year - Time Of Day
which means that the timenstamp might have been calculated 1 hour less.
I think that this must be checked again, because 1 hour difference is important.
b) messege typy:
it would be useful to know if there was a real convo going on back and forth in the previous hours, or a reply of a message sent in another time, or an out of nowhere message..
c) which kind of data connection Theo was using at the time the messege was sent:
if he was relying on wifi only it is possible that this messege was written previously and sent out only when the phone connected to a wifi
If he was using a data connection, the messege would have been sent immediately (unless any kind of data cap was set up to save data - I personally do it when not in wifi, I limit which apps can use data and data size).
2) Aloha CCTV footage (not released) Shirley St./Dryden St
time ?
not confirmed by LE, but seems to be confirmed by cousin..
This baffles me, because I would assume his cousin knows him..
and it would make sense because it is somehow on the way back to the hostel..
3) map posted by media with phone pings (not confimed by LE)
this would contradict the aloha CCTV footage because it shows a completely opposite direction.
It would be useful to have all the time stamps for all the pings /red dots.
I think that it is important to underline that, if true/confirmed, these are only the phone pings..not necessarily Theo.
Theo could have been separated from it anytime..(stolen/lost).
That also why I think it is of major importance to re-check the time stamps of the Facebook / Messenger text.
5) 1am June it was reported that WhatsApp has been opened, but no message was sent.
If the ping map is reliable, we can more or less speculate where the phone was at that time(even if no time stamps are reported), but we cannot be sure it was Theo checking it.
4) the 12 hours time that the phone died before reappearing again and die again..
It seems like the phone died during the night, someone charged it, connected again to check it and then throw it in the sea..
5) cap
same as per phone, if proved that it is indeed Theo's, it could have been thrown away with the phone..not necessarily it was with Theo.
6) Belgian friend txt the next day
It would be interesting to know if this text was received, received and read, not received, received, but not read
(In WhatsApp this can be check if the person who sent it, select the message and clicks on the "i" on top.)
I don't think it is a robbery, nor an accidental drug overdose: in both cases there would be no need to cover up the body. They would just leave the body there I assume..why all the effort to hide it..?
I honestly don't think that he it was an accident either..from all the accounts Theo seemed a responsible person, not someone who decides to climb cliffs or have a dip in the ocean in the middle of the night in winter...
I hope that this might be useful.

Nexus, Good idea to check the items you quote above.
Someting must have happened that night maybe on a more or less busy place during day time and would be discovered the next morning.

Hi all, I'm new, I've joined because I love trying to solve mysteries and was drown about this. I was a lurker for some cases, but this really got me.
I've been through the posts and articles in the last few days, and hers are some thoughts.
1) FB/ Messenger text time (12.20 am June 1)
a) The receiver in Belgium should have received this message with a timestamp May 31 16.20(4.20pm) if Theo has indeed sent it on June 1 12.20am.
I think that this is an important point: the time difference between Byron Bay and Belgium changed on June 4th from 9 hrs difference to 8 hours. This could might have confused the time difference calculation.
Time Difference Between Byron bay Australia and Brussels Belgium over the year - Time Of Day
which means that the timenstamp might have been calculated 1 hour less.
I think that this must be checked again, because 1 hour difference is important.
b) messege typy:
it would be useful to know if there was a real convo going on back and forth in the previous hours, or a reply of a message sent in another time, or an out of nowhere message..
c) which kind of data connection Theo was using at the time the messege was sent:
if he was relying on wifi only it is possible that this messege was written previously and sent out only when the phone connected to a wifi
If he was using a data connection, the messege would have been sent immediately (unless any kind of data cap was set up to save data - I personally do it when not in wifi, I limit which apps can use data and data size).
2) Aloha CCTV footage (not released) Shirley St./Dryden St
time ?
not confirmed by LE, but seems to be confirmed by cousin..
This baffles me, because I would assume his cousin knows him..
and it would make sense because it is somehow on the way back to the hostel..
3) map posted by media with phone pings (not confimed by LE)
this would contradict the aloha CCTV footage because it shows a completely opposite direction.
It would be useful to have all the time stamps for all the pings /red dots.
I think that it is important to underline that, if true/confirmed, these are only the phone pings..not necessarily Theo.
Theo could have been separated from it anytime..(stolen/lost).
That also why I think it is of major importance to re-check the time stamps of the Facebook / Messenger text.
5) 1am June it was reported that WhatsApp has been opened, but no message was sent.
If the ping map is reliable, we can more or less speculate where the phone was at that time(even if no time stamps are reported), but we cannot be sure it was Theo checking it.
4) the 12 hours time that the phone died before reappearing again and die again..
It seems like the phone died during the night, someone charged it, connected again to check it and then throw it in the sea..
5) cap
same as per phone, if proved that it is indeed Theo's, it could have been thrown away with the phone..not necessarily it was with Theo.
6) Belgian friend txt the next day
It would be interesting to know if this text was received, received and read, not received, received, but not read
(In WhatsApp this can be check if the person who sent it, select the message and clicks on the "i" on top.)
I don't think it is a robbery, nor an accidental drug overdose: in both cases there would be no need to cover up the body. They would just leave the body there I assume..why all the effort to hide it..?
I honestly don't think that he it was an accident either..from all the accounts Theo seemed a responsible person, not someone who decides to climb cliffs or have a dip in the ocean in the middle of the night in winter...
I hope that this might be useful.
Hi Nexus, I don't think the timing fits in with Aloha. He was seen purposely walking away from Jonson St. down Kingsley St. straight after being kicked out of Cheeky Monkey's. For it to be him in the Aloha footage he would have had to go down Tennyson, get mugged and have his phone stolen then run by Alohas all within 17 minutes.

Apart from that he sent the message at 12.20am which means he was probably okay at that time (an hour after Aloha footage). I think his friend in Belgium was replying at the same time (not sure of this?) so this would mean he was not using Wifi and was using data? (if I understand your explanation with these correctly?)

Also when travelling you often work out the time back home and communicate accordingly. Late afternoon in Belgium would be a good time for a friend at the other end to be available to receive and communicate.

But anything is possible, especially if a car is involved, it could put all the timing out of whack. I think at the very least a car was involved afterwards. I also think most people would at least make a basic attempt to bury a body or cover it with branches etc. but to move it elsewhere or take Theo alive somewhere shows more organisation and perhaps some kind of planning from the start and a car would have to be involved in this scenario. This makes the gypsy theory weaker because they don't have access to a car.

Hi Nexus, I don't think the timing fits in with Aloha. He was seen purposely walking away from Jonson St. down Kingsley St. straight after being kicked out of Cheeky Monkey's. For it to be him in the Aloha footage he would have had to go down Tennyson, get mugged and have his phone stolen then run by Alohas all within 17 minutes.

Apart from that he sent the message at 12.20am which means he was probably okay at that time (an hour after Aloha footage). I think his friend in Belgium was replying at the same time (not sure of this?) so this would mean he was not using Wifi and was using data? (if I understand your explanation with these correctly?)

Also when travelling you often work out the time back home and communicate accordingly. Late afternoon in Belgium would be a good time for a friend at the other end to be available to receive and communicate.

But anything is possible, especially if a car is involved, it could put all the timing out of whack. I think at the very least a car was involved afterwards. I also think most people would at least make a basic attempt to bury a body or cover it with branches etc. but to move it elsewhere or take Theo alive somewhere shows more organisation and perhaps some kind of planning from the start and a car would have to be involved in this scenario. This makes the gypsy theory weaker because they don't have access to a car.

I too am ruling out that Aloha footage.

Especially after MSM releasing the map of his route last week. The timing is off and I remember a family member or someone on the LFT page saying that they didnt believe it was him due to a conflict in time )IE he couldn't be in two places at once). His phone could be doing the route with someone else and could have been him on CCTV, it would depend though if that CCTV from Aloha shows him looking at a phone though. I believe the footage was too grainy to really see anything. I have not been able to find that CCTV footage of the person from Aloha again since it was first published in MSM. It was splashed i thought in almost all MSM? If it has been removed I believe would been removed as the person it may have been has come forward and due to privacy the videos taken down.

As we see him walk down Kingsley St my thoughts are still with that route released last week in MSM

I have not been able to find that CCTV footage of the person from Aloha again since it was first published in MSM. It was splashed i thought in almost all MSM? If it has been removed I believe would been removed as the person it may have been has come forward and due to privacy the videos taken down.
This is one video I am very interested in seeing. I haven't been able to find it at all! Your theory does make sense, if someone recognised themselves in the video, they might have asked to have it taken down. If so, I hope they were checked thoroughly, to make sure no involvement.

This is one video I am very interested in seeing. I haven't been able to find it at all! Your theory does make sense, if someone recognised themselves in the video, they might have asked to have it taken down. If so, I hope they were checked thoroughly, to make sure no involvement.
I was sure in the thread somewhere we shared it as were comparing the street and the Caltex etc to work out where he was standing on Shirley. I oculd be wrong but was sure we had it in here in the thread if anyone remembers?

If someone walked with Theo's phone then most likely from the end of Tennyson St. but if so they were on foot as they crossed through the oval Now if say time of message because of time differences, or message delayed for some reason, say it was 11.20 instead of 12.20, well that would change a lot as it could have been from Tennyson St where maybe he went to wait for someone. Something happens there? And someone walks with his phone to Cosy Corner maybe puts it on a rock as tides next day were higher, so possible for it to ping then be washed away on the higher tide next evening. Would they think of all this? If phone placed well, say crack of a rock nobody may have noticed it On Saturday, and by Sunday phone goes with the higher tide? His hat could have been placed to be found to make everyone think that yes he walked to Tallows. It is a little strange this hat was not found sooner. So possibly placed there later to throw everyone off, make it look like he walked to the beach and disappeared near the rocks where there is a known rip current. That way less chance of investigation of foul play? I did see a post however which was removed and seemed accurate details of phone usage which would conflict with this theory, too accurate to disregard and maybe police do not want too much info out on this so post is no longer up.
Such a complicated mystery, the mind is rolling over so many different possibilities Well it is good to keep mind very open.
Is there 4 wheel drive access to Cosy Corner? It was low tide so if 4 wheel drive access to the beach, if Theo did walk the route he could have been taken, picked up from the corner, maybe phone switched off so no more signal or phone left there for some reason, or phone taken back next day switched on once to make it ping in the same spot and thrown in the water or destroyed in some other way.

I was sure in the thread somewhere we shared it as were comparing the street and the Caltex etc to work out where he was standing on Shirley. I oculd be wrong but was sure we had it in here in the thread if anyone remembers?
I read every single comment when I first joined (there was "only" about 32 pages, lol), but I did not see it! Maybe it had already been removed

If someone walked with Theo's phone then most likely from the end of Tennyson St. but if so they were on foot as they crossed through the oval Now if say time of message because of time differences, or message delayed for some reason, say it was 11.20 instead of 12.20, well that would change a lot as it could have been from Tennyson St where maybe he went to wait for someone. Something happens there? And someone walks with his phone to Cosy Corner maybe puts it on a rock as tides next day were higher, so possible for it to ping then be washed away on the higher tide next evening. Would they think of all this? If phone placed well, say crack of a rock nobody may have noticed it On Saturday, and by Sunday phone goes with the higher tide? His hat could have been placed to be found to make everyone think that yes he walked to Tallows. It is a little strange this hat was not found sooner. So possibly placed there later to throw everyone off, make it look like he walked to the beach and disappeared near the rocks where there is a known rip current. That way less chance of investigation of foul play? I did see a post however which was removed and seemed accurate details of phone usage which would conflict with this theory, too accurate to disregard and maybe police do not want too much info out on this so post is no longer up.
Such a complicated mystery, the mind is rolling over so many different possibilities Well it is good to keep mind very open.
Is there 4 wheel drive access to Cosy Corner? It was low tide so if 4 wheel drive access to the beach, if Theo did walk the route he could have been taken, picked up from the corner, maybe phone switched off so no more signal or phone left there for some reason, or phone taken back next day switched on once to make it ping in the same spot and thrown in the water or destroyed in some other way.

Is there 4 wheel drive access to Cosy Corner?

Byron & Brunswick Heads | See & Do | Beaches - The Legendary Pacific Coast

This advises around the area where is allowed however a permit required so i presume so yes. I cannot locate though any pictures of 4WD on that beach or find any info of access

If you were trying to get rid of evidence surely you would make sure you threw the phone into the water? Could have only been in a rock if you couldn't throw and it missed the water, seems unlikely to just 'place' it on or in a rock?

So maybe the phone is still with Theo and the battery died and maybe he was moved after the ping, or someone in that area still had it and threw it in the water after the ping at some stage.

I also think that the cap would not have been placed because apart from Theo's DNA it would be too risky to have your own on it. If it is found to have someone elses DNA then it probably fell off during whatever incident happened.

If you were trying to get rid of evidence surely you would make sure you threw the phone into the water? Could have only been in a rock if you couldn't throw and it missed the water, seems unlikely to just 'place' it on or in a rock?

So maybe the phone is still with Theo and the battery died and maybe he was moved after the ping, or someone in that area still had it and threw it in the water after the ping at some stage.

I also think that the cap would not have been placed because apart from Theo's DNA it would be too risky to have your own on it. If it is found to have someone elses DNA then it probably fell off during whatever incident happened.
Yes I know probably over thinking too much, but possibly someone intended it to ping, so search focuses on that area away from real location and being near water well most would think he fell in, drowned. They would not know he would not be reported missing a week later. Maybe he was close somewhere but they needed anyone searching to be away from the area, so they pinged the phone knowing it would be traced and threw it away after.
We still not 100 per cent sure if it was his hat, though most highly likely but it is odd it was not found until July, a month or more after his disappearance unless of course it was in a difficult spot to see. Assuming they had Theo's mobile route then, surely that area would have been searched hard to begin with?
The last ping was said to be between the Pass and Wategos Beach initially, until News Corp published the mobile route and said last ping was near Cosy Corner. Still unclear about which is right as 2 lots of info were published about where last ping was. I have saved maps of old data and none covered Cosy Corner until the latest info was published with his mobile route and stating last ping was there. Papers don't always get everything 100 % right, maybe they meant this was the last phone signal, before the one ping next day? If anyone can clear this up I would appreciate as maybe I missed something, as to the change of location of last ping to a different area than first stated. And yes I agree about throwing it in water, would be a lot easier than leaving it somewhere to be found, but maybe their mind got complicated, paranoid and weird, if for instance on hard drugs maybe can think up some crazy stuff just as someone mentally ill, schizophrenia etc. so rationality during an episode can go out the door if this was the case. I had to look after someone mentally ill, 90 percent of time normal lovely person but during episodes all sorts of crazy things would go on, so maybe rational comes out of it. The person I looked after was also very intelligent so during episodes of being unwell ....oh boy... let's just say it got very complicated at times and had to be prepared for anything. So what seems an unlikely thing to do for a straight thinking person does not always happen in a person who is ill. You cannot always tell they are ill as they can function like almost normal to the outsider, but can be hearing voices etc all at the same time and follow crazy instructions and elaborate crazy plans. I am holding a lot of hope this hat gives good clues. Fingers crossed for Theo.

Came across this today it is MSM in Belgium. What interested me is the maps that the Belgium police are referring to which are different to what we have seen recently. The red trail on the map is what the Belgium police walked.

Translation for the video below. Please note the translation has been transcript from a page on Facebook so I cannot link this as it is not the official Theo FB

2 July at 01:14 ·
Notice of research (reminder)

Disappearance of théo hayez in Australia: A Belgian investigator on site explains how he is doing

It's been more than a month since we've been without news from the young théo hayez. The Belgian has been missing since may 31th, but the research continues in Australia. The Belgian investigators of the disappearance cell have been put to work.

Byron Bay in Australia. City has become sadly famous for a few weeks and the disappearance of théo hayez. Philippe Pierrard belongs to the disappearance cell of the Belgian Federal Police. His two colleagues, them, at the federal police of Hal-Vilvoorde. For three days, they are studying the file with their Australian counterparts. " now that we are here, we have access to everything, in a visual way. We had access to their computer to be able to read parts, to be able to have all this information in it. But also to be able to dish all the information we have and the ones they have. With This, we see if it is possible to clear other tracks, other elements." but, are there any new tracks? To this question the police don't answer. "in terms of disappearance, we are not going to work by saying ' we have a track to work ', but rather: ' there, there is no need to go to look anymore '", explains Philippe Pierrard.

He's probably on his phone

It'S 7 pm on may 31th when théo comes out of a convenience store and joins his youth hostel. " we know he was bought to drink and he drank with friends. Not a lot. They are at several ", precise the member of the missing cell. Théo Hayez then goes to a bar where he consumes two or three glasses until 23 pm. " we have a beautiful image where we know it's him. He doesn't seem to have more problems than this. He's probably on his phone, but it's also not images that allow you to have 100 % certainty in relation to what he is handling."

Théo has been prayed to get out of the coffee. An extremely common practice in Australia. " it doesn't mean we're drunk dead. Absolutely not. It just means that the establishment believes that you have been drinking enough for the evening. The law is applied in a much stricter way."

Next, the riddle is total. All the images of the neighborhood surveillance cameras have been recovered and watched, without any conclusive result. "we have a few circles of uncertainty", explains Philippe Pierrard by pointing a map or circles of 500 meters, one kilometer and two kilometers have been affixed.

Our Journalist Dominique Demoulin and his cameraman Emmanuel Tallarico went to the Byron Bay Lighthouse near which Theo Hayez's phone marked one last time. "it is in a huge area between sky and sea that new excavations could be businesses tomorrow", precise Dominique Demoulin

Disparition de Théo Hayez en Australie: un policier belge sur place explique les zones d'ombre

This video is currently found on the LFTH Facebook page

Attachments

• 1D2A4EAD-F89B-4E3C-AE55-F6C7E034AB7E.png
    1D2A4EAD-F89B-4E3C-AE55-F6C7E034AB7E.png
    526.4 KB · Views: 47
  • EFBB31E1-1004-4A15-8D83-2AA4FA048D82.png
    EFBB31E1-1004-4A15-8D83-2AA4FA048D82.png
    530.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 88EB74C8-375F-4B1F-BB0F-76D7B4B378ED.png
    88EB74C8-375F-4B1F-BB0F-76D7B4B378ED.png
    509.2 KB · Views: 44
  • A06D6C9D-4E90-4BF0-A59C-0982D48439F9.png
    A06D6C9D-4E90-4BF0-A59C-0982D48439F9.png
    534.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
It is sad to think of his parents now giving accepting he is gone.

Les parents de Théo Hayez envisagent désormais qu'il ait pu se noyer: "Il est en train de s’amuser avec les baleines, les tortues et les dauphins..."

The parents of Theo Hayez have published a long message on Facebook, could see the Last Hour. After remaining hopeful, they are now considering that their son may have drowned off Byron Bay in Australia. This is the first time they speak publicly about "the too short life of their son".
"If Théo left this land, he is currently having fun with whales, turtles and dolphins ... (...) Vinciane, Lucas and I, watching the beautiful smile of Theo on the photos of his Australian adventure we are relieved to see that he spent the last six months of his life too short in a beautiful country and met wonderful people ", wrote his father, Laurent Hayez, in this message.

As a reminder, Theo Hayez (18 years old), from Overijse, was last seen on May 31 in the seaside resort of Byron Bay, on the east coast of Australia. Since then, large-scale research has yielded no results. The most plausible hypothesis would be that after getting lost in a wood, he would have arrived on the coast and tried to reach the beach via rocks, being surprised by a wave and strong currents.

it's happened so many times before, even people going for a midnight dip and getting washed away by rip currents
tourists are really a big % when it comes to accidental drownings as well
it would be quite sad if that is what ended up happening, chances of finding his body would be slim to none as well which doesn't help the family with closure

Came across this today it is MSM in Belgium. What interested me is the maps that the Belgium police are referring to which are different to what we have seen recently. The red trail on the map is what the Belgium police walked.

Translation for the video below. Please note the translation has been transcript from a page on Facebook so I cannot link this as it is not the official Theo FB

2 July at 01:14 ·
Notice of research (reminder)

Disappearance of théo hayez in Australia: A Belgian investigator on site explains how he is doing

It's been more than a month since we've been without news from the young théo hayez. The Belgian has been missing since may 31th, but the research continues in Australia. The Belgian investigators of the disappearance cell have been put to work.

Byron Bay in Australia. City has become sadly famous for a few weeks and the disappearance of théo hayez. Philippe Pierrard belongs to the disappearance cell of the Belgian Federal Police. His two colleagues, them, at the federal police of Hal-Vilvoorde. For three days, they are studying the file with their Australian counterparts. " now that we are here, we have access to everything, in a visual way. We had access to their computer to be able to read parts, to be able to have all this information in it. But also to be able to dish all the information we have and the ones they have. With This, we see if it is possible to clear other tracks, other elements." but, are there any new tracks? To this question the police don't answer. "in terms of disappearance, we are not going to work by saying ' we have a track to work ', but rather: ' there, there is no need to go to look anymore '", explains Philippe Pierrard.

He's probably on his phone

It'S 7 pm on may 31th when théo comes out of a convenience store and joins his youth hostel. " we know he was bought to drink and he drank with friends. Not a lot. They are at several ", precise the member of the missing cell. Théo Hayez then goes to a bar where he consumes two or three glasses until 23 pm. " we have a beautiful image where we know it's him. He doesn't seem to have more problems than this. He's probably on his phone, but it's also not images that allow you to have 100 % certainty in relation to what he is handling."

Théo has been prayed to get out of the coffee. An extremely common practice in Australia. " it doesn't mean we're drunk dead. Absolutely not. It just means that the establishment believes that you have been drinking enough for the evening. The law is applied in a much stricter way."

Next, the riddle is total. All the images of the neighborhood surveillance cameras have been recovered and watched, without any conclusive result. "we have a few circles of uncertainty", explains Philippe Pierrard by pointing a map or circles of 500 meters, one kilometer and two kilometers have been affixed.

Our Journalist Dominique Demoulin and his cameraman Emmanuel Tallarico went to the Byron Bay Lighthouse near which Theo Hayez's phone marked one last time. "it is in a huge area between sky and sea that new excavations could be businesses tomorrow", precise Dominique Demoulin

Disparition de Théo Hayez en Australie: un policier belge sur place explique les zones d'ombre

This video is currently found on the LFTH Facebook page
I could locate the video. Has it been removed?

The other two cases in that region. Port Macquarie and Lennox Head. Were there Items missing from those peoples belongings, to anyone's knowledge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes