Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trent is applying to the supreme court for bail

My SO works for DOCS in NSW. The major things for her that stops her being able to do a better job revolves around resourcing and red tape. simply not enough case workers and too much paper work. Her job is stressful and she has to work with some the most reprehensible people i have ever heard of. As far as I can tell they do the best job they can with the resources they have under a ridiculous caseload. Granted at every work place there are people that do the bare minimum and in this line of work the stakes are so much higher.

For me yes the case worker and government failed this poor girl and should absolutely have done better. But what was done to her by these horrible horrible people can in no way be diminished by someone making a bad decision.

In my mind if it wasn't TP then some other poor kid would have suffered at the hands of this horrendous family and they probably did. These scumbags are busted wide open now and they MUST pay for what they did. That poor little girl. I'm so damn angry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I can't help laughing at your username....

Have you met CunningStunt yet? Lololol

I'm immature... Sorry!

My mother worked for Children's Services years ago and was so preoccupied and stressed she didn't see twig to abuse in her own home. Jump forward a decade and my sister was on the SCAN team and had a total breakdown.

I can't help laughing at your username....

Have you met CunningStunt yet? Lololol

I'm immature... Sorry!

Nice to meet you Freya. Glad my username made you laugh :)

I'm new here. I joined just because of Tiah's story. I'm so angry and devastated, as we all are, by everything that happened to that poor girl.

Trent is applying to the supreme court for bail

Yes and unfortunately if he isn't kept safe in protective custody the chances of him getting bail may increase.
IMOO I think if he does get bail he would either abscond or commit suicide. I don't want either to happen because that is not paying the price for what he and his wicked family did to Tiahleigh. They need to suffer like she did. Many many years in jay is the only fair punishment. No skipping out on life and getting off easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice to meet you Freya. Glad my username made you laugh :)

I'm new here. I joined just because of Tiah's story. I'm so angry and devastated, as we all are, by everything that happened to that poor girl.

Welcome! Yes this is a really awful case, that's for sure. Nice to meet you :)

Yes and unfortunately if he isn't kept safe in protective custody the chances of him getting bail may increase.
IMOO I think if he does get bail he would either abscond or commit suicide. I don't want either to happen because that is not paying the price for what he and his wicked family did to Tiahleigh. They need to suffer like she did. Many many years in jay is the only fair punishment. No skipping out on life and getting off easy.

Totally agree Enthralled. As pleased as I am he is not having fun on the inside. They all need to pay for what they have done. They need to rot in prison for decades.

Bravehearts founder calls for the reintroduction of institutional care in the wake of Tiahleigh Palmer murder

A CHILD protection advocate wants the government to look at reintroducing institutional care for children following the alleged murder of Logan schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer by her foster father.

Bravehearts founder Hetty Johnston said it was “about time” the issue of placing foster children in government-run “childrens homes” was revisited.

“I believe the government should look at this, I’ve been saying this for a long time,” she said.

“Those institutions (for children in the past) were horrible and they never worked, but it wasn’t the institutions’ fault, it was the people who ran them.

“Demonising what was (in the past) is fine because it was horrible. There’s no saying it any other way. But the concept of children’s homes is a valid one and a necessary one.

“I think we do need to revisit that despite problems in the past with institutional care.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/quest...r/news-story/e4327a3e0d8088be560c5c053c67ee83

If anyone is interested, there is a doco about Jill Meagher and Adrian Bayley on the ABC at 8:30 tonight I believe.

its a shocking crime not one to laugh at. If you have ever experienced a violent death in your family you would find some things offensive as well. As I said I won't win friends and don't plan to. I want to see justice for this child. Juvenille posts I skim through. I hope you never have to suffer like Tia's family have done or any other family who has lost a loved one to a violent murder. Its not a joke

It is not being treated as a joke. No one on this thread thinks or treats Tiahleigh's death as a joke. I think we all feel a need for lighthearted comments at the foster families expense because we are so angry and disgusted and need an "upper" at times because this subject is so so negative and emotionally draining at times.

It is not being treated as a joke. No one on this thread thinks or treats Tiahleigh's death as a joke. I think we all feel a need for lighthearted comments at the foster families expense because we are so angry and disgusted and need an "upper" at times because this subject is so so negative and emotionally draining at times.

I can understand an I know there is a lot of emotion involved as well. But I believe in finding out the truth first before casting stones. We also do not want to jeopardise the case at all.

Sometimes it's good to take 24 hours off from websleuths and breathe and nurture yourself.

Bravehearts founder calls for the reintroduction of institutional care in the wake of Tiahleigh Palmer murder

A CHILD protection advocate wants the government to look at reintroducing institutional care for children following the alleged murder of Logan schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer by her foster father.

Bravehearts founder Hetty Johnston said it was “about time” the issue of placing foster children in government-run “childrens homes” was revisited.

“I believe the government should look at this, I’ve been saying this for a long time,” she said.

“Those institutions (for children in the past) were horrible and they never worked, but it wasn’t the institutions’ fault, it was the people who ran them.

“Demonising what was (in the past) is fine because it was horrible. There’s no saying it any other way. But the concept of children’s homes is a valid one and a necessary one.

“I think we do need to revisit that despite problems in the past with institutional care.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/quest...r/news-story/e4327a3e0d8088be560c5c053c67ee83

ITA agree with this. Only because i have worked in Institutional care and Community care years ago when i was in that job as a psyche nurse. I worked psychiatric & intellectual disability care. I worked there when institutionalised care was shut down in favor of placing the residents into community housing. Which worked out ok. for some and not ok. for some of our long term residents who had been in institutionalised care for many years and couldn't cope in having to fend for themselves out in the community in their own group homes.
But i think residential care for these children that would be staffed with professional people equipped and trained to deal with abused & neglected children, that in many cases have psychological issues because of their backgrounds. It's obvious what is in place now doesn't work therefore change it, IMO.

ITA agree with this. Only because i have worked in Institutional care and Community care years ago when i was in that job as a psyche nurse. I worked psychiatric & intellectual disability care. I worked there when institutionalised care was shut down in favor of placing the residents into community housing. Which worked out ok. for some and not ok. for some of our long term residents who had been in institutionalised care for many years and couldn't cope in having to fend for themselves out in the community in their own group homes.
But i think residential care for these children that would be staffed with professional people equipped and trained to deal with abused & neglected children, that in many cases have psychological issues because of their backgrounds. It's obvious what is in place now doesn't work therefore change it, IMO.

I honestly don't know what the solution is other than a lot more communication is needed. It's interesting to hear your point of view because you have had experience in this field. Thank you

IMO the name calling re TT's hair, TT's personal appearance, his selfies etc and TT being a dancer is just childish and pathetic. When name calling like this occurs, IMO you are not just calling TT these names, you are calling these names to any young adult male that styles his hair, takes pride in his appearance, and any young male that is a dancer would be effected by these names being called. If any of you know or get out and have a look at the real world, you will see many young adult males style their hair, take selfies, take pride in their appearance and some young males are even dancers. It's just my opinion and for one don't see why a serious thread like this needs name calling for the sake of entertaining oneself and the other members.

I honestly don't know what the solution is other than a lot more communication is needed. It's interesting to hear your point of view because you have had experience in this field. Thank you

Thanks. My previous experience has been with adults and intellectually handicapped children, so a bit different to foster care etc.

IMO the name calling re TT's hair, TT's personal appearance, his selfies etc and TT being a dancer is just childish and pathetic. When name calling like this occurs, IMO you are not just calling TT these names, you are calling these names to any young adult male that styles his hair, takes pride in his appearance, and any young male that is a dancer would be effected by these names being called. If any of you know or get out and have a look at the real world, you will see many young adult males style their hair, take selfies, take pride in their appearance and some young males are even dancers. It's just my opinion and for one don't see why a serious thread like this needs name calling for the sake of entertaining oneself and the other members.

Finally a sensible post. Thank you JD

The Thorburns must have had lots of contact with the local community.. the horses, the boys, the foster kids, Rick looks a chatty sort of joiner, the food van, the coffee van.... then there is the support group for foster carers,, he and Julene were newbies at the game, supposedly, so one would think they would have support thrown at them...from fellow foster carers , from the agency itself... where was the oversight? no one noticed anything?

Now that their pictures have been broadcast nation wide, it wouldn't surprise me to find the police have had a few odd calls, from people with crystal clear memories, because this sort of behaviour doesn't happen suddenly, nor in a vacuum... there are networks, colleagues, associations, like minded fellow travellers....

I still cant come to grips with the ENTIRE 4 members of this family bunkering down and keeping silent!... not one wobbled, not one backpedalled.........really amazing.. there is usually one who calls Charlie on the whole process.

I agree Trooper, and I have been wondering if perhaps JT did just that, hence why she hired a lawyer prior to it all breaking wide open. I think the Police said that she and older boy had given quite a bit of information, which is perhaps why they are out in bail. ...perhaps a deal to be cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member