Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it frustrating that criminals may be shown some leniency if they "dob" in their mates. Where it is known that people are withholding evidence, they should get there sentence for their part in the crime plus extra time for withholding information. Time to stop looking after the criminals

Hi. I get the sentiment of this thought. I think that the police are simply being pragmatic; doing what works. if any of criminals have sociopathic tendencies they will only respond if there is something in it for themselves!
hi InDeep .. For sure value your input.

The Police have a job to do ( how judged are they in their delivery of their results !) and you know what, I don't have any issue with the leniency applied to 'if you come clean'. ( my kids grew up with the knowledge 'don't lie, own up now or the punishment will be worse' )

My only issue would be with how much 'leniency' is earned ... We need to maintain an acceptable for our society.

Speech over .. all of which is just my thoughts & personal option.

Hello all, does anyone have any input into why Websleuth's is Down for so long? This thread seems to be now attainable but no posted. William's is still down

Looks like JT is moving out of the family home. No horses there anymore and saw a removal truck there this week. TT due back in court on the 9th I doubt he will appear in person though.

Looks like JT is moving out of the family home. No horses there anymore and saw a removal truck there this week. TT due back in court on the 9th I doubt he will appear in person though.

If it's a rental, perhaps with only half the income, she can't afford the rent?

Any updates on Tiah's case, ie; court dates, etc?

The foster brother of slain Brisbane schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer will face court again in December after a brief mention of his matter on Tuesday.

Trent Thorburn, who has been charged with incest, perjury and attempting to pervert the course of justice over Tiahleigh's suspected murder, didn't appear in Beenleigh Magistrates Court as his matter was adjourned until December 21.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...to-face-court-next-month-20161108-gsl51z.html

Julene and Josh were due to appear today for a committal call over at the Beenleigh Magistrates Court. There was no listing for it but I went over anyway. Spoke to a reporter who said their were mumblings of a closed session. Took it upon myself to call their lawyers who confirmed sentencing will be at a later date at the Beenleigh Dist Court. So that is where it is until Ricks appearance next month.

Yes - I think J & J know that staying quiet isn't going to help Rick or Trent, unfortunately for them..... I don't think speaking the truth at this stage will mitigate their crimes.

Yes - I think J & J know that staying quiet isn't going to help Rick or Trent, unfortunately for them..... I don't think speaking the truth at this stage will mitigate their crimes.

All are looking at hefty jail terms. Rick life, Trent (possibly life) Julene and Josh up to 7 years . Rick also has two charges relating to a 4 and 11 year old. He probably will die in jail at his age.

Pleading guilty, ey... Which means they both get a discount on their sentence. On the other hand, they both have to blab about Rick and HairDo Bro. I suspect that they will be obliged to rat on Rick not just for Tia, but for all his ventures, so far unknown, or unacknowledged , of vulnerable kids probably in Madam Thorburn's Day 'Care' centre, of whom Rick is already under 3 charges of sexual interference with minors ( an 11yr old and a 4yr old, sisters, I think ) ..

I do hope they have to earn that discount , hard. Rick, Josh, Julie, Trent just didn't start out on Tiah .. long practise and a real sense of entitlement and infallibility inhabited this family of frights, and none of it , not one episode or record of Rick's life seems to back up his sudden altruism in 'wanting to protect his son' by murdering Tia.. far from it.

I lot is going to come out about old Rick Im sure of it. At 56 years of age I am sure he has had a busy life that has caught up with him.:facepalm:

I believe he murdered Tia to cover up his own behaviour not to protect his son. He was so concerned about his son that on his arrest he tried to top himself. He selfishly tried to bail out!!! No regard for the son he was trying to protect!

Interesting. Seven news last night said that both Julene and Josh could be facing a maximum sentence of life in prison.

I came across this the other day. Apologies if it has been posted previously.

When a child is missing: Remembering Tiahleigh – A report into Queensland’s children missing from out-of-home care

'The Queensland Government welcomes the Queensland Family and Child Commission’s report When a child is missing: Remembering Tiahleigh — A report into Queensland’s children missing from out-of-home-care.

Demonstrating the government’s commitment to openness and transparency, the report has been released.

We are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of Queensland’s children, including children living in out-of-home-care. Children in out-of-home care are some of the most vulnerable children in the state.

The report makes 29 recommendations to improve systems, culture and practice, including:

• better information sharing
  • cultural change to build shared responsibility
  • consistent practices statewide
  • development of media protocols
  • guidance and direction for agencies and foster carers to ensure timely action when a child in out-of-home-care is missing.
The government will implement the recommendations in the report to improve responses to children missing from out-of-home-care.

The implementation of the Report's recommendations, along with building on the recommendations of the Queensland Child Protection Commission of Inquiry, will strengthen the integrity of Queensland's child protection system to ensure the safety and wellbeing of Queensland children.

For further information in relation to the Queensland Family and Child Commission’s When a child is missing: Remembering Tiahleigh — A report into Queensland’s children missing from out-of-home-care visit www.qfcc.qld.gov.au or telephone 07 3900 6050.'

Interesting. Seven news last night said that both Julene and Josh could be facing a maximum sentence of life in prison.

Thanks Champaign - I must admit I didn't watch this episode, but am intrigued to hear of that & I wonder of the basis.

I have very limited knowledge of court sentencing. Is there a precedent where an 'accessory' has been sentenced to 'Life' ?

If so, that's a pretty powerful incentive to 'speak up'.

(all the above, purely just my own personal opinion of course)

I cannot believe Julene recently showed her face at the local shopping center. She was confronted by several people and had to retreat to her car for her own safety. I was also told they were secretly smuggled into a FAD concert under a cloak of darkness . The house is now empty J is living with her parents currently. Have a feeling a deal will / has been done with DPP. They will walk for their cooperation testifying against hubby. Claiming she is a battered wife. If they get off they will have to change their identies as their life won't be too pleasant I would not think

From Courier mail

THE foster brother of slain Queensland schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer has applied for bail.
Trent Thorburn.

Trent Jordan Thorburn, 19, is charged with incest, perjury and attempting to pervert the course of justice over Tiahleigh’s suspected murder. Thorburn, who has been in custody since his arrest in September, lodged an application for bail in the Brisbane Supreme Court on Friday, which is set to be heard on December 14.

Corrections Minister Bill Byrne confirmed Thorburn had told guards he’d twice been bashed in jail by fellow prisoners only after the officers saw the second assault.

“The truth or otherwise of that is being established in an investigation,” Mr Byrne said.

Tiahleigh was last seen alive on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member