Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't that mean that there was more than one person involved?

"They" would have to get her car there and another car for their escape or risk being seen leaving the beach hitchhiking etc.
This was thrown around as an idea early on. However Given the car I don’t know how likely it is that she was killed somewhere else and then he body taken there, through the parking lot, down to the beach. Too risky.

The lake search is promising, it seems possible that her belongings may have been discarded there.

I’ve just been reading some of the news articles again, and another thing that’s now sticking in my craw.
Her father found her (am only guessing by the pics of the police on the beach under tents) in a location which wasn’t too hard to find. So if Wangetti is even remotely popular on a Sunday, how high are the odds that NOONE else walked the beach in the remaining 5 or so hours of daylight. She was reportedly murdered around 2 ish and sunset was apparently 7ish.
Is there anywhere that states the time that car of painicked guys with the flat tyre was seen?

I’ve just been reading some of the news articles again, and another thing that’s now sticking in my craw.
Her father found her (am only guessing by the pics of the police on the beach under tents) in a location which wasn’t too hard to find. So if Wangetti is even remotely popular on a Sunday, how high are the odds that NOONE else walked the beach in the remaining 5 or so hours of daylight. She was reportedly murdered around 2 ish and sunset was apparently 7ish.
Is there anywhere that states the time that car of painicked guys with the flat tyre was seen?
this couriermail page is now paywalled but states it was at 4.30 pm sunday the panicked men in the ute flagged down the car
the header reads ...police speak to men described as highly agitated at wangetti beach
Couriermail.com.au | Subscribe to The Courier Mail for exclusive stories

“They were really freaking out,” a witness, who asked not to be named, said.

“It was strange behaviour, they were in a huge panic. It was just a flat tyre but they were really stressing out.”

He said one of the two men jumped out on to the Captain Cook Highway in front of his 4WD vehicle to wave them down just a few kilometres from the Wangetti Beach southern carpark on Sunday, October 21 at about 4.30pm.

“It might be a complete coincidence, and they might be totally innocent,” he said.

“They were in a highly agitated state.’’

Ms Cordingley was murdered as she went for a walk at the beach with her dog about 2pm. Her body, with visible and violent injuries, was found by her father in sand dunes the next day.

Category: | The Courier Mail

also this about the sniper from the australian..
A police sniper on crocodile watch has stood guard over divers searching a Cairns creek for evidence on the murder of young pharmacy worker Toyah Cordingley.

The meticulous fingertip search of the muddy waters in Moody Creek comes four weeks after the 24-year-old was brutally attacked while walking her dog on Wangetti Beach, south of Port Douglas.
Nocookies

Does anyone know if they ever found that family that was in the car park. They need to be found.

I'd like to know on what grounds the 'panicked guys with the flat tyre' were cleared. Their reported behaviour was odd to say the least.
This case is unsolved so all options remain open,.

i think they have...
He said police have now been provided with an up-to-date photo of Ms Cordingley, which will be on display and there are also plans to have store dummies at the sites.

“The dummies would be dressed in similar clothing to what Ms Cordingley had been wearing.”
Police conduct DNA tests and set up visual displays as the hunt for Toyah’s killer continues
129951-d0bbe8ef35ec449e48596c9d460c6535.jpg
A sharpshooter with a loaded high-powered rifle is keeping watch on the banks of a Bungalow waterway while police divers search through the muck for evidence.
Cairns Post
I don't get this. He appears to be looking, but he would not be able to see under the murky waters. I suspect that wild life department has already checked this for crocs. Crocs are actually protected and can't be shot and then only by the Rangers under rare conditions. Unless because it was a Sunday they might have given police permission.

It really didn't look that easy to find to me - the searchers were up into the brush in that gully and back towards the trees in the photo - most people probably don't go into the scrub and stay down on the sand. I don't think she was found where the tents were, but a few more meters inland. I actually really wonder if her dad found her WITH the search team, because I find it hard to believe he just zeroed in on her so easily on his own. JMO

i think they have...
He said police have now been provided with an up-to-date photo of Ms Cordingley, which will be on display and there are also plans to have store dummies at the sites.

“The dummies would be dressed in similar clothing to what Ms Cordingley Log In or Sign Up to View been wearing.”
Police conduct DNA tests and set up visual displays as the hunt for Toyah’s killer continues
But the maniquin was never set up. Police usually do this immediately. My guess is that they had a suspect immediately.
IMHO

I don't get this. He appears to be looking, but he would not be able to see under the murky waters. I suspect that wild life department has already checked this for crocs. Crocs are actually protected and can't be shot and then only by the Rangers under rare conditions. Unless because it was a Sunday they might have given police permission.

It's similar to what occurred during the Donna Steel murder investigation last year. SERT officers armed with machine guns protected divers searching for evidence.
Donna Steele murder: Cops know who ‘killer’ is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member