Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the family was there searching for her at 8pm?? As in they saw her car there? If that’s the case that just is so sad knowing that she might only have been meters away from being found. And where was the dog she had with her at that time? You’d think if people were there and calling out her name that the dog might have barked. AGGH so many questions.
Does anyone have the link to the missing dog post?

Tb
Do we know if they lived together? And if they had the two dogs at the one house? It would seem odd to me to take one dog to the beach and not the other.
the page says they shared a house and expenses - not impossible to drive from Port Douglas to Cairns for work - but a bit of a drag - maybe she living with her dad who lives at one of the beaches ?

So the family was there searching for her at 8pm?? As in they saw her car there? If that’s the case that just is so sad knowing that she might only have been meters away from being found. And where was the dog she had with her at that time? You’d think if people were there and calling out her name that the dog might have barked. AGGH so many questions.

I wonder if her body had been covered over with branches, considering they found her body, near where the dog was found the night before. So sad.

She described how when Toyah went missing the family searched Wangetti Beach in the darkness with "little torches" until first light.
"We kept searching till my phone battery went flat," she said.

The family found Toyah's dog and Ms Gardiner said they returned home.

She said it wasn't until Toyah's father Troy took police to where the dog was found that he discovered her body.

'You can help our broken family': Mum of Toyah Cordingley calls for help with murder probe

I wonder if her body had been covered over with branches, considering they found her body, near where the dog was found the night before. So sad.

She described how when Toyah went missing the family searched Wangetti Beach in the darkness with "little torches" until first light.

She said it wasn't until Toyah's father Troy took police to where the dog was found that he discovered her body.

'You can help our broken family': Mum of Toyah Cordingley calls for help with murder probe

Maybe her body wasn't there the night before? Just a thought?

Suppose Toyah and boyfriend were meeting up to walk both dogs, bringing one dog each. There was violence, one dog fled in terror, and someone tied the other dog up partly to make sure it didn't run off too.

Oh I didn’t realise they were there the night before searching for her. It’s more and more horrifying really. So as a family (and assuming bf) by 8pm they know she’s missing. Her car is still there at the beach, they find her dog... and admittedly if their torches died it would seem pointless, but wouldn’t you go get torches from home/service station/shop & call everyone you knew who could come and help look?? They’d have had to have been feeling sick with dread by then. Not meaning to guilt trip as we all know what we now know - but oh dear :(

G
Suppose Toyah and boyfriend were meeting up to walk both dogs, bringing one dog each. There was violence, one dog fled in terror, and someone tied the other dog up partly to make sure it didn't run off too.
Good theory but I think it went missing Springs Creek PD - long way for a doggy to wander from Wangetti far to far -

BBM - I think the article is incorrect here - Toyah's mother didn't say they returned home. She said her and Jack returned to the car, and when they got back the SES and Police had arrived.

IMO - When they got back to the car the SES etc had arrived at Wangetti.

Sorry I must of missed it - where did you get 8pm from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member