Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I
You dont need to join to see the post KatKat.
You're right, sleepinoz, it is next door or at least it appears to be now that I've had a better look.
A lot of people post their missing pets on local buy swap and sell pages, to spread the word further etc.
I find it funny that the dog was last seen 6pm Sunday night but not posted about until 9:55pm, by then I believe he would have known Toyah had not come home.
I think the address you are talking about is her dads ( not step dad)

I
Are we talking about Spring Creek at Ellis Beach? About 11km from Wangetti? I think not so very far for a dog to travel especially if it knew the area. But that's where the dog was said to have gone missing. Is that where it was actually found?

It’s a long way for a dog - if the dog had excellent navigation skills still take hours - you would need to run along a highway then th d the right ..

I think this is very odd that the dog was missing there ... did he try to catch dog to take to beach and it took off ? Or was using as an alibi

Hello all, I had such a busy day at work and have been trying to catch up on all the info!!

What is interesting for me is a. bf alerted that she was missing and b. It is unusual that the other dog went missing the same day. Animals, specifically dogs, are very instinctual perhaps the dog sensed something was a miss that day and reacted in an out of character way, such as running away. Perhaps there was someone unusual at the house, and the dog was let out or ran away.

It sounds as if the police have some promising information, given how belongings were possibly discarded in the lake it suggests it is someone familiar with the area.

Just some thoughts...

how do police pinpoint a time of someones movements if they dont have a suspect?

It sounds like LE is using phone pings or CCTV - they may have a suspect but not actually know exactly who it is yet.

M reporting her missing makes sense if they lived together. If they were broken up, then it becomes a little stranger. Please be careful casting suspicion on him quite yet or posting your theories without it being clear they are your theories. The next worse thing to having someone you love murdered is being accused of it if you're innocent. Unless you know him personally, you probably won't be able to see 99% of any SM posts he has made about Toyah, because it is not likely he made them public. Naturally, many people close to her could have done this, but M is not the only one with motive or opportunity IMO.

The family searching from the middle of the night until dawn when LE arrived makes more sense now. I don't think they could have found her in the dark, even with a torch if she was up in the bush. Would you want to venture in there in the dark with a torch? I wouldn't! It sounds like the find was horrifying enough in the early light.

I want to know more about Toyah's living situation and her relationship with her dad.

Now for a question - is the direction and islands they are searching a logical route to Papua New Guinea? How do folks normally get there?

It could be anyone she has come into contact with. For example, Toyah appears to have purchased a stove from BSS and seemed to be quite frequent on the page, she could have organised pick up from or had contact with the perp even in that capacity. I do hope the police have a narrower search field!

because toyah seemed to be well loved in the community, smiling and friendly, i feel her killer is someone local who has been watching her, maybe interacted with her at the market, possibly someone she has served or chatted to, sadly it doesnt take much for some people to mistake friendliness or kindness for flirting:(
i dont think it was anyone emotionally close to her

Could it be Toyah was murdered because she knew, recognised or threatened to go to police.
The fear of police involvement could indicate priors or parole.

1) Anita Cobby was killed because if she’d lived she might remember their names.
2) Jill Meagher said she was going to police and was then murdered.

N
Locals, I have a question. Is captain cook highway a common route for the transport of large goods? Like farmers/livestock and truck routes?
not really - it is a busy tourist road and the only link between cairns and Port Douglas. It’s quite a beautiful drive with some of it close to the beach . It also has a high level of accidents upload_2018-11-20_6-21-44.jpeg

Sorry attachment didn’t work - but story from Cairns Post about calling state gvt to do something about the high rate of road accidents

Last edited:
Tossing this over in my head, trying to look at it from different angles. After reconsidering it all these are the points I come back to.

I don't believe her partner did it, he would have to be very silly to allow someone to set up a after the fact, very silly to have posted about his dog missing the same night.. if he was that silly, I'm sure he would've cracked by now or the police would have had enough evidence to make an arrest because silly people leave obvious evidence.

Her stepdad (Snake) was away in PNG when she went missing, Toyahs Mum also went to great lengths to essentially say that he was more her father than her biological father.

Toyah and her boyfriend seem to have been closer with her biological Dad, there are photos of the three of them together. I don't see any photos of her Mum and Snake with her boyfriend. Whether this is just coincidence or family dynamics, I don't know.

For them to go looking straight away, something made them assume the worst quickly. Perhaps Toyah had a bad experience with someone on the beach before? Or was it just that she hadn't returned for hours and wasn't answering her phone?

I still feel like this was done by someone she knew. Perhaps a co-worker or customer, neighbour or friend.

I agree about the time line - me too! I think - 1pm left markets, 2pm seen heading to beach. (Do we know whether she 1 or 2 dogs with her - assuming just the one) Also, assuming she bought stuff for dinner from the markets and then told someone she was taking the dog for a walk. You’d think maybe an hour or two hours for the beach walk. So by 5pm ish you’d be starting to wonder. What time was dog no. 2 listed as missing? And then police have asked for footage of 4:30-5:30. Not sure either at what point they (mother, brother?) went to the beach to look for her. Sunset was 7pm so you’d be starting to get a little worried by then. Also, assuming during that time she’s not answering her phone. Then she’s reported missing at 11pm? And family searching the beach till light. No mention of the bf also searching but assuming he was. Also there is mention of dog n2 last seen around 6pm (I thought I read that here). Could someone have had something against them, being animal lovers?

I agree about the time line - me too! I think - 1pm left markets, 2pm seen heading to beach. (Do we know whether she 1 or 2 dogs with her - assuming just the one) Also, assuming she bought stuff for dinner from the markets and then told someone she was taking the dog for a walk. You’d think maybe an hour or two hours for the beach walk. So by 5pm ish you’d be starting to wonder. What time was dog no. 2 listed as missing? And then police have asked for footage of 4:30-5:30. Not sure either at what point they (mother, brother?) went to the beach to look for her. Sunset was 7pm so you’d be starting to get a little worried by then. Also, assuming during that time she’s not answering her phone. Then she’s reported missing at 11pm? And family searching the beach till light. No mention of the bf also searching but assuming he was. Also there is mention of dog n2 last seen around 6pm (I thought I read that here). Could someone have had something against them, being animal lovers?
Who was last to see her ? Who knew she going for a walk and expected her back at a certain time ?

I’m just feeling there could be a link here....

Sorry to harp on about this girl academy at Wangetti Beach.
It’s for young mums with their babies to rediscover and educate themselves.

My concern is many are escaping domestic violence, disfunction and drugs.

What if while they are there the partner who they are escaping visits and is not allowed to see the woman and baby. Could he sit on the beach fuming and wanting to take his anger out on someone?

Was it Thursday Island police called in?

Cape York Girl Academy - Location and Facilities - Cape York Partnership

No Cookies | The Cairns Post

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads