Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is day 35 of the investigation.
Investigating police always start with the family and move out from there. By now they have talked to a lot of people and possibly even the perpetrator.
Unless they have a primary suspect I think it is fair to say everyone is on the police 'radar.' It is just how the police work and the way it should be.
From the little we know about the crime scene this seems to be a brutal murder.
Cases can be considered cold by day 42. Leads dry up and peoples memory fades a little. All forensics should be in and evaluated.
Killers often 'talk' months or years after the event. There is always hope.

This is day 35 of the investigation.
Investigating police always start with the family and move out from there. By now they have talked to a lot of people and possibly even the perpetrator.
Unless they have a primary suspect I think it is fair to say everyone is on the police 'radar.' It is just how the police work and the way it should be.
From the little we know about the crime scene this seems to be a brutal murder.
Cases can be considered cold by day 42. Leads dry up and peoples memory fades a little. All forensics should be in and evaluated.
Killers often 'talk' months or years after the event. There is always hope.
BBM. To us, but maybe not the police. Lots of things go on behind the scenes that we know nothing about.

I just looked at google maps, I think you can simply drive through Clifton Beach on your way to Wangetti, without having to pull over... Or did she stop?

It's quite odd how they have worded the article. No matter which way she drove, she would have driven through Clifton Beach, so it seems strange that I've read in another article that she was seen in Clifton Beach. I wonder if they mean on CCTV, maybe she stopped to get some petrol or maybe after checking out CCTV from shops facing the Hwy, the spotted her vehicle passing by..

It's quite odd how they have worded the article. No matter which way she drove, she would have driven through Clifton Beach, so it seems strange that I've read in another article that she was seen in Clifton Beach. I wonder if they mean on CCTV, maybe she stopped to get some petrol or maybe after checking out CCTV from shops facing the Hwy, the spotted her vehicle passing by..
I agree. It seems to me that if her car was seen, they would have said that, but they say that she was seen there.

Maybe 'Mr Prong', being local and connected, was able to hustle up CCTV in his area. Or maybe there were a number of CCTV sightings but Prong being in the middle of the local grapevine heard about the Clifton Beach one and told the media.

I wonder if when they have hours of footage Police ask for volunteers? I mean for hours of traffic footage, that sort viewing, not anything grim. Also, it’s unfathomable that someone/s are still just going about their day to day...I wonder if they are anxious or arrogant about it. Also, haven’t seen that PT has announced any great findings from the weekends search, was hoping for some news there.

I agree. It seems to me that if her car was seen, they would have said that, but they say that she was seen there.
Not sure of the article you mention .. however Clifton beach is a beach suburb- you don’t actually drive through it to get to Wangetti - you drive past the the turn off to Clifton beach - there is a servo and shops where there might be a cctv .
So either QPS have cctv or dash cam of Toyahs car driving past Clifton beach turn off - or perhaps she actually made a stop at Clifton beach always - possiblity . I personally took it to mean that her car was seen as it went past the Clifton beach turn off .

Also family friend might be clumsy with language ... that’s all .. let’s not jump to conclusions .

google st view shows the bp servo on captain cook highway clifton beach has cctv facing the road so toyahs car would have been seen driving past at 2pm or she may have stopped in there on her way

Just wondering, a body of a man was found on the same day as Toyah was murdered, on a beach naked just a little further down from where her belongings were found--> Naked body found in Bowen

I have tried finding more information about the man, but have not been able to find anything. Very odd for two people within 24 hours?
Bowen isn’t what I’d call “a little further down”. It’s about a 6 hour drive. Also I thought that was ruled suicide as they had beyond blue & lifeline post at the bottom of all the articles.

It could be any one of men who are acquainted with her and had a thing for her, or a total stranger.
My daughter had a stalker once. A man whose hair she had cut just once, when she was a hairdresser. He kept ringing the salon to talk to her and then he was ringing our home number. They all saw him lurking around the salon at closing time, so her boss walked her down to the underground car park where she was parked and the creep was crouched down hiding between the cars on her drivers side.
He ran away when they shouted at him. They rang the police and the police went and warned him to stay away from her, but they wouldn't ban him from the shopping centre and he continued to walk past the shop and look in.
That is awful, Jennifer17. So stalking as far as I am concerneds. Is your daughter ok now? Has this bloke got a DVO out on him to stay away?

Bowen isn’t what I’d call “a little further down”. It’s about a 6 hour drive. Also I thought that was ruled suicide as they had beyond blue & lifeline post at the bottom of all the articles.
Totally agree AT. I could never think that these two were coñneted. Bowen is actually not even on the highway south, and as AT says, is not "a little further" down. At least 6-8 hour drive south. I don't think related to Toyah in any way at all.

Not sure of the article you mention .. however Clifton beach is a beach suburb- you don’t actually drive through it to get to Wangetti - you drive past the the turn off to Clifton beach - there is a servo and shops where there might be a cctv .
So either QPS have cctv or dash cam of Toyahs car driving past Clifton beach turn off - or perhaps she actually made a stop at Clifton beach always - possiblity . I personally took it to mean that her car was seen as it went past the Clifton beach turn off .

Also family friend might be clumsy with language ... that’s all .. let’s not jump to conclusions .
However Clifton Beach is a suburb that you drive THROUGH on the trip north, but petrol station, shops and beach might be on the left heading north, but Clifton Beach is also inland on the left side of the highway heading north.

Hence why I enquired about it, I did not state it was related but unusual to have two deaths on beaches. I live rural so a 6 hour drive is nothing to me we do it most weekends.

That is awful, Jennifer17. So stalking as far as I am concerneds. Is your daughter ok now? Has this bloke got a DVO out on him to stay away?
This was years ago and no, she didn't have a DVO. There were not grounds for it then. He just stopped bothering her and someone told her that he had got back together with his wife and they moved out of the area.

Friendly reminder that sleuthing (sharing background info, area of residence etc) is only allowed for named victims, POIs, or suspects. Thank you.

This is probably because of me :oops:

I wasn't sleuthing Mr Prong, it is stated in MSM what suburb he lives in.

Attachments

• 18.11.27 WT1.JPG
    18.11.27 WT1.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics