NOTGUILTY Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #12

But hopefully, that might bring the truth out, just like it did with Atkins.

If there is an inquest (and I still don't think there will be) then GT could only be compelled to give evidence if he is granted immunity from prosecution, just like Michael Atkins.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...g/news-story/9c9a7e0a9f9c7ca135580ac19c6d97b2

'ExoneratedTinder playboy Gable Tostee has reacted to news the Queensland Coroner will reopen the investigation into the death of Warriena Wright claiming it is “standard procedure”.'

'Legal sources have confirmed a charge such as deprivation of liberty could still potentially be recommended by the Coroner in the Tostee case.'

Exonerated Gold Coast playboy Gable Tostee takes to Facebook to react to Coronial investigation reopening

Jessica Elder, Gold Coast Bulletin
December 20, 2016 2:54pm

EXONERATED Tinder playboy Gable Tostee has reacted to news the Queensland Coroner will reopen the investigation into the death of Warriena Wright claiming it is “standard procedure”.

Tostee took to social media, posting, “Sigh ... media at it again making news out of something that isn’t news. There is no ‘new investigation’, it is simply a continuation of the Coroner’s report. It is 100 per cent standard procedure”, on his Eric Thomas Facebook profile yesterday afternoon.

The post quickly attracted hundreds of comments from supporters and critics, with Tostee’s ex-partner Lizzi Evans joining in to urge the 30-year-old to move on with his life.

In the hours following the post Tostee responded to dozens of comments, arguing the points of the case and insulting some, including one woman he asked if she had been “dropped at birth”.

Ms Evans commented on Tostee’s status hours later, asking her former partner why he would even post about it.

“If you know this and are adamant there will be no new information found ... then why make a status about it and allow as you do people to bicker and speculate and name call further ... You got the best possible result ... You are not the only victim in all of this ... Loosing (sic) all respect and love now and I know you better than anyone. This is just sad Gable,” she wrote.

Read full article here.

I don't think he intended to kill Warriena at all. The murder charges should never have been brought, imo.

From listening to the recording, I think he lost his temper with her, and restricted her breathing whilst restraining her to make her let go of an object she was trying to hit him with. I don't know if he had his arm around her throat, or what, but I think the choking noises she was making scared him and he eased up his grip - because he didn't want to seriously hurt her, just make her let go of the object. I think he then tried to march her out of the apartment but she started trying to fight him or hit him again, so he shoved her out onto the balcony as it was closer. She freaked out and started screaming - maybe she was having a panic attack or a flashback or something. Then she tried to climb down from the balcony, and fell.

GT behaved very selfishly and suspiciously after her fall, but I think he does have serious mental health issues that may partly explain this. We've never been told what form his OCD takes, but presumably taping everything is one of his obsessive, compulsive behaviours. Someone who records all of his dates and his nights out is showing very abnormal behaviour, imo. And possibly paranoia, if what he said about taping everything to protect himself from false allegations and the like is true. I don't think he was doing it for any kind of voyeuristic thrill, or LE would have found a collection of tapes of his sexual encounters in his apartment. I was saddened to read past posts on these threads mocking OCD. It can be a very serious condition that can severely effect people's lives, and is not something to be laughed at.

I don't see and kind of discrepancy between his previous possible diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome and his current diagnoses of OCD and social anxiety. He is clearly socially impaired, and seems to have trouble forming lasting relationships and empathising with others. Asperger's can cause the same kind of symptoms as OCD. My cousin was first diagnosed with Asperger's, then this diagnosis was replaced by one of OCD, then finally this was replaced by a diagnosis of schizophrenia. She is obviously very impaired, but for years psychiatrists could not figure out exactly what was wrong with her. This is actually normal for mental illness - as there are no simple, definitive tests for them it usually does take years for psychiatrists to reach the correct diagnosis.

All just :moo:

Thank you for your thoughts. It is ,Obsession Compulsive Disorder, not 'objective'.
I think that tostee has said enough. More than enough. It is now time for the body on the footpath, the woman who has been reduced to a moonshine riddled recording, to speak tothe coroner.

I don't think he intended to kill Warriena at all. The murder charges should never have been brought, imo.

From listening to the recording, I think he lost his temper with her, and restricted her breathing whilst restraining her to make her let go of an object she was trying to hit him with. I don't know if he had his arm around her throat, or what, but I think the choking noises she was making scared him and he eased up his grip - because he didn't want to seriously hurt her, just make her let go of the object. I think he then tried to march her out of the apartment but she started trying to fight him or hit him again, so he shoved her out onto the balcony as it was closer. She freaked out and started screaming - maybe she was having a panic attack or a flashback or something. Then she tried to climb down from the balcony, and fell.

GT behaved very selfishly and suspiciously after her fall, but I think he does have serious mental health issues that may partly explain this. We've never been told what form his OCD takes, but presumably taping everything is one of his objective, compulsive behaviours. Someone who records all of his dates and his nights out is showing very abnormal behaviour, imo. And possibly paranoia, if what he said about taping everything to protect himself from false allegations and the like is true. I don't think he was doing it for any kind of voyeuristic thrill, or LE would have found a collection of tapes of his sexual encounters in his apartment. I was saddened to read past posts on these threads mocking OCD. It can be a very serious condition that can severely effect people's lives, and is not something to be laughed at.

I don't see and kind of discrepancy between his previous possible diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome and his current diagnoses of OCD and social anxiety. He is clearly socially impaired, and seems to have trouble forming lasting relationships and empathising with others. Asperger's can cause the same kind of symptoms as OCD. My cousin was first diagnosed with Asperger's, then this diagnosis was replaced by one of OCD, then finally this was replaced by a diagnosis of schizophrenia. She is obviously very impaired, but for years psychiatrists could not figure out exactly what was wrong with her. This is actually normal for mental illness - as there are no simple, definitive tests for them it usually does take years for psychiatrists to reach the correct diagnosis.

Rayemonde...With the aid of medication and cognitive therapy (which he is supposedly still receiving for his OCD), I feel that GT's behaviour was so extremely bizarre and his treatment of her caused her tragic death and therefore his mental state of being should NOT be an excuse for Rie's death. He knew exactly what he was doing and was in full control of the situation.
<modsnip>...MOO

Thank you for your thoughts. It is ,Obsession Compulsive Disorder, not 'objective'.
I think that tostee has said enough. More than enough. It is now time for the body on the footpath, the woman who has been reduced to a moonshine riddled recording, to speak tothe coroner.
Hear Hear Dear Possum.

Serial rapists have some type of sexual ocd as well.

So do we give them a pass because the alcohol didn't subdue the victim as expected?

GT behaved very selfishly and suspiciously after her fall, but I think he does have serious mental health issues that may partly explain this. We've never been told what form his OCD takes, but presumably taping everything is one of his obsessive, compulsive behaviours. Someone who records all of his dates and his nights out is showing very abnormal behaviour, imo. And possibly paranoia, if what he said about taping everything to protect himself from false allegations and the like is true. I don't think he was doing it for any kind of voyeuristic thrill, or LE would have found a collection of tapes of his sexual encounters in his apartment. I was saddened to read past posts on these threads mocking OCD. It can be a very serious condition that can severely effect people's lives, and is not something to be laughed at.

There is such a thing as comorbidity where you can have a combination of diagnoses. Tostee could be an Aspie as well as suffering from OCD and his paranoia suggests possible schizophrenia plus narcissistic personality disorder as he cannot empathise.

You said he did not INTEND that she would die so there was no premeditation in your opinion. However, IMO his behaviour contributed to her death. For her, it was either stay around and possibly be suffocated to death when he eventually let her back inside or take risk to FLEE from him. You either FIGHT or FLEE! She had tried fighting him so as that did not work, she decided to flee. As he was in control of her, IMO he could have picked her up as she was much smaller than he is, and carried her out his front door throwing her possessions after her. But, no, he decided to DEPRIVE HER OF HER LIBERTY by locking her out there. IMO he should have, and hopefully will be charged with that in the future! But his smart barrister came up with the claim that balconies are common property and do not belong to the owner which for me is a moot point. IMO Tostee's behaviour all along has been defensive as if he really thinks that he is guilty. I often wonder what the result would have been if he had not recorded the events of that night and had not been able to afford to pay for an excellent barrister. Deprivation of liberty which is now being pursued should have been on the table since the beginning. I am still wanting to know what that object was that he had in his hand after the event. An inquest would surely address this.

Or the coroner could derive...... an overly aggressive drunk girl, who overstayed her welcome, after being abusive to the occupier of the property, was removed to the balcony, then decided to leave the building via the balcony and unfortunately fell to her death. The end.

Or the coroner could derive...... an overly aggressive drunk girl, who overstayed her welcome, after being abusive to the occupier of the property, was removed to the balcony, then decided to leave the building via the balcony and unfortunately fell to her death. The end.

"OVERSTAYED HER WELCOME"....Rie PLEADED with HIM for her belongings and to let her go home, but he was enjoying his "little game" with her too much to let her go...DEPRIVATION OF LIBERTY...MOO

Just heard on our local radio news that before an inquest can commence into Rie's death, permission from Rie's family is being sought...I haven't seen it in any other media outlets yet.

I disagree with your summary, so I have to disagree with it being the end. As has the coroner.

I disagree with your summary, so I have to disagree with it being the end. As has the coroner.

The coroner hasn't made a finding so we don't know what the coroner's conclusion will be. I think it will be death by misadventure.

The coroner hasn't made a finding so we don't know what the coroner's conclusion will be. I think it will be death by misadventure.

BBM. So... not the end then?

My post was saying that the coroner had decided it wasn't the end also. Your post above seems to agree with that.

I wasn't claiming to know what the coroner's verdict would be. It could well pan out as you and John have suggested. But let's not claim to know exactly what the coroner will decide and mark it the end before that's happened.

Just heard on our local radio news that before an inquest can commence into Rie's death, permission from Rie's family is being sought...I haven't seen it in any other media outlets yet.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...t/news-story/774af769df64dd0c2a2527133e6334bf

QUEENSLAND’S Coroner’s Office says it will liaise with Gold Coast balcony death victim Warriena Wright’s New Zealand-based family before deciding whether to hold an inquest into her death.

Happy New Year everyone!

For 2017 we need our Government to place more funds into ALL areas of Domestic Violence as the current situation is not good enough....One in three people in Australia suffer from DV and it's getting worse.
Our judicial system also needs a shakeup for tougher sentences to be handed out in many cases...MOO

Mystery woman offers Tostee support

Wednesday, 11 January 2017

Just one month since Gable Tostee was dumped by his Kiwi girlfriend Lizzi Evans, it appears he has found a new love interest.

New Zealand woman Lizzi Evans supported Tostee during the Brisbane Supreme Court murder trial which saw him cleared of New Zealand tourist Warriena Wright's murder and manslaughter in October.

But since the pair ended their relationship in December last year, it appears Tostee has already moved on.

XK2FeaR.jpg

The New Zealand Herald

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa