Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM.

Where is the evidence of that to be found?

Straight from the horse's mouth. Check out his posts on the bodybuilding forum linked to in a previous thread. He shares at least one story (I didn't want to pollute my mind by reading all of his posts) about how he brought a girl back to his apartment and continually tried to have sex with her, put her hand on his genitals and touched hers, even after she said no several times.

He also recorded private conversations with girls he took home, posted them online to brag and get points from fellow douchebros, and posted photos of girls he hooked up with without their permission.

Yes he could, if he knew he had been choking her/restricting her breathing, and making her believe she was in the company of a man who would not let her leave and may in fact kill her. And why wouldn't he know that? Please tell.

Why do you suppose she didn't attempt to get back in through the door?

BBM.

Maybe she did. Who knows, That is for the Crown to explain on the evidence it led at the Trial. The relevant question is.....why did she not just stay there, calm down, relieved he did not toss her off, relax, even go to sleep....and then, knock on the door by way of obvious contrition for her appalling conduct up to when she was put out there. That is not 'victim bashing.' That is the Crown concession that she had unlawfully assaulted him. People seem to be glossing over what led up to her being on the balcony. She was a violent person, unlawfully attacking him, in his Unit. The Crown concedes that.

Well, it is for the Crown to exclude that hypothesis which is clearly open - He more likely expected that she would lower her rage, and start conducting herself more appropriately after tossing rocks at him and belting him with that telescope. That is far more sensible than to conclude that Tostee put her there anticipating she would climb over the balcony. I have no idea what his IQ is. What does that matter? He was not so stupid as to climb over the balcony. She did that, according to the Crown.

Where is the evidence that she belted him with the telescope?

She was making rasping noises when he said put it down. That is more suggestive of her reaching out to grab whatever was in reach to defend herself against him choking her. She is pinned down on the floor by him remember.

BBM.

Maybe she did. Who knows, That is for the Crown to explain on the evidence it led at the Trial. The relevant question is.....why did she not just stay there, calm down, relieved he did not toss her off, relax, even go to sleep....and then, knock on the door by way of obvious contrition for her appalling conduct up to when she was put out there. That is not 'victim bashing.' That is the Crown concession that she had unlawfully assaulted him. People seem to be glossing over what led up to her being on the balcony. She was a violent person, unlawfully attacking him, in his Unit. The Crown concedes that.

Yeah, yeah the white pebbles.

True but the Crown did lead evidence that his blood was found on a decorative rock. It is highly unlikely that a polystyrene 'rock' thrown at anybody would draw blood.

He had a cut on his knee. He could have knelt on a 'rock' (laughable description of you ask me) when he was pinning her down. If it drew blood when it was thrown at him where is the wound from this in the police photographs?

Where is the evidence that she belted him with the telescope?

She was making rasping noises when he said put it down. That is more suggestive of her reaching out to grab whatever was in reach to defend herself against him choking her. She is pinned down on the floor by him remember.

It is not conclusive. His hair was found on the telescope which was in a damaged state, out of place, when the Police arrived at the Unit. The Crown seems to have accepted she used it to inexplicably assault him.

It is not conclusive. His hair was found on the telescope which was in a damaged state, out of place, when the Police arrived at the Unit. The Crown seems to have accepted she used it to inexplicably assault him.
I will have to go back and have a check. But I thought it was his hair found on the clamp and Rrie hair on the telescope.
imo

Discuss the case and not each other.

Leave the snark at the door.

No More Warnings

There was no evidence that the Telescope was damaged - and the only person that has said his hair was on it was his QC as far as I remember.

Just my opinion, I don't think the defence brought their A game.

BBM.

Where is the evidence of that to be found?

Just to add to the list:

He also boasted about terrifying another girl for her life by lifting her up on that same balcony, which he found quite amusing and of course shared with his mates online.

His own words, on a public forum back this up. They're even quoted somewhere in this thread.

There was no evidence that the Telescope was damaged - and the only person that has said his hair was on it was his QC as far as I remember.
Yes the QC also said GT had been hit on the head. Have I missed that in the recorded evidence?

BBM. Incorrect. That was part of the Crown's forensic evidence.

The telescope assembly had become adrift.

Just to add to the list:

He also boasted about terrifying another girl for her life by lifting her up on that same balcony, which he found quite amusing and of course shared with his mates online.

His own words, on a public forum back this up. They're even quoted somewhere in this thread.

Why was evidence of that not led by the Crown in the Trial? Ask yourself. Why was it not led. Because it is rubbish, do you reckon?

BBM.

Where is your answer to the first part of my question? Why would he not know or reasonably foresee she might try to escape from him, in truly desperate fashion, after what he had done to her?

The recording shows she went straight to the balcony, there are no sounds of her saying 'let me back in' or banging on the door. The crown doesn't need to explain that, it's on the tape, or not on the tape to be more precise.

Why did she not just stay there and go to sleep? She was terrified, had to get away, could not contemplate staying there. That's pretty obvious from her actions.

Your interpretation of the crown's case is not backed up by the courtroom tweets I have just read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bridthur47