Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The crown case is the best possible case. Legal experts have put this case together and know what they are doing.

Because the other explanations are far fetched and ridiculous and not supported on any reasonable level by the evidence. Similar to the crazy, deranged theories we've seen here, such as:

1. 'He premeditated the whole thing from start to finish.'
2. 'He's an evil predator and was toying with her.'
3. 'He lowered her off the balcony'
4. 'He got her off her head on magical moonshine and she became psychopathic as a result.'

None of these bizarre theories are supported in any way by the evidence and some have actually already been debunked. They are the most outlandish things I have ever heard and require almost a movie like suspension of disbelief. <modsnip>

If the crown does in fact get a verdict, they want it to be on the most reasonable possible version of events as supported by all of the evidence.

Entirely up to anyone who wants to answer, but if Tostee is not viewed as predatory, what would it take for a man to be viewed as predatory? I'm interested to know how people define this term and what behaviour and actions would justify such a label. Examples would be great because it helps to understand what it would take for the label to be applied.

IMO he meets criteria for a predator...repeatedly.

Isn't that a bit of a case of the pot calling the kettle black?.

Look, I get what you're saying about equality here, I really do.

I just don't understand how that possibly figures into Tostee's present (with Warriena) and past behaviours with surreptitious recording, posting images (NOT to boast, but to denigrate, more often) and his heinous treatment of the deceased, which I outlined in a post last thread in detail, particularly his choice to imprison her rather than letting her go home (as she repeatedly had said she wanted to, not long before - don't forget, HE talked her into staying, kept pouring his home made rocket fuel, despite mouthing about her 'violence', how does anyone feel able to see him as a victim, I do not know!) . Nor his nasty bullying of that of that one other girl he boasted about terrifying ON his BALCONY (escalation behaviours much).

This is not what anyone bargains for, man or woman, when they hook up for a fun time.

In the last thread, ak19861981 wrote:

"Is anyone else of the opinion that he might have placed her on the balcony ledge beyond the railing? She was so inebriated she could barely speak so it makes sense she could only scream no, no, no over and over. He might have stood her on the ledge in the hope she might fall (he could have his thrill without having to push her himself)... Then perhaps she tried to kneel down and hold the railing in order to get back on to the balcony. Maybe she slipped or couldn't get her footing and that's why the people below saw her legs dangling. I feel like this is MUCH more likely than her attempting to scale her way down just because he's locked the balcony door on her."

I COMPLETELY AGREE, it is most likely something like this happened, and if the Crown had truly wanted a conviction, they would have presented this as an explanation for her death. Instead they argued that she climbed over the balcony herself, which will almost certainly result in a vertict of not guilty.

Why did Tostee behave as though he was 'above the law'? Is it because he knew he had a 'get out of jail free' card? Perhaps someone he knows has some powerful friends? Or dirt on someone powerful?

Tostee just used his get out of jail free card. The prosecution just ran a case bound to fail. There needs to be an investigation into how this has happened.

Sorry to burst the bubble but this is a recording of someone stealing from him. It's not a recording in 'breach of privacy' and is not an offence.

Waiting on a link which demonstrates he uploaded stuff of a sexual or private nature.

No.. he SAYS she is stealing. God knows what it was really about.

Who could have ever envisaged that a Gold Coast holiday & a Tinder date end in such a tragic way......Wrong person, wrong place, wrong time, unfortunately.

Entirely up to anyone who wants to answer, but if Tostee is not viewed as predatory, what would it take for a man to be viewed as predatory? I'm interested to know how people define this term and what behaviour and actions would justify such a label. Examples would be great because it helps to understand what it would take for the label to be applied.

IMO he meets criteria for a predator...repeatedly.

he fits all the known parameters and quantifiers in my estimation, Strange.. in fact, he bulges out a bit from the Predatory Basket..

and predatory people are not just into sexual predation. They are usually petty thieves, .. taking stuff from mailboxes, untended handbags, shoplifters, pickpockets.... it goes with the over inflated sense of entitlement...

Usually a few years in a Correctional Institution knocks a bit of that out of them, but for many it's a lifetimes occupation.

Another pondering....

Which of the following would someone be comfortable with if their daughter/wife/sister/work colleague experienced. And if they reported these experiences to you, how would you respond?
(Please note I'm not accusing Tostee of any of these.)

-a person upskirting or filming them in public waist height and below without consent
-a person sharing video footage and/or audio recordings of them in a public forum online without consent
-a person filming intimate aspects of their life through a window without consent
-a person who they only just met manhandling them
-a person restricting their air flow for an extended period of time

Sorry to burst the bubble but this is a recording of someone stealing from him. It's not a recording in 'breach of privacy' and is not an offence.

Waiting on a link which demonstrates he uploaded stuff of a sexual or private nature.

It's all in the threads already, links included :facepalm:

Another pondering....

Which of the following would someone be comfortable with if their daughter/wife/sister/work colleague experienced. And if they reported these experiences to you, how would you respond?
(Please note I'm not accusing Tostee of any of these.)

-a person upskirting or filming them in public waist height and below without consent
-a person sharing video footage and/or audio recordings of them in a public forum online without consent
-a person filming intimate aspects of their life through a window without consent
-a person who they only just met manhandling them
-a person restricting their air flow for an extended period of time

none if the above under any circumstances...

The crown case is the best possible case. Legal experts have put this case together and know what they are doing.

Because the other explanations are far fetched and ridiculous and not supported on any reasonable level by the evidence. Similar to the crazy, deranged theories we've seen here, such as:

1. 'He premeditated the whole thing from start to finish.'
2. 'He's an evil predator and was toying with her.'
3. 'He lowered her off the balcony'
4. 'He got her off her head on magical moonshine and she became psychopathic as a result.'

None of these bizarre theories are supported in any way by the evidence and some have actually already been debunked. They are the most outlandish things I have ever heard and require almost a movie like suspension of disbelief. <modsnip>

If the crown does in fact get a verdict, they want it to be on the most reasonable possible version of events as supported by all of the evidence.

SCHULZ, 1 to 3 in your list are not at all outlandish. The all fit within the evidence and are more logical scenarios than the one the Crown ran with. The Crown's case was curiously deficient.

Oh my goodness, finally found what I have been looking for ... thanks to Amee's fabulous links. I just wanted to put here the statement about the recording not being on the original device, because I have been banging on about it so much. lol

0.55am - A sound recorder is activated on a device allegedly owned by Mr Tostee. Police are uncertain what was used to record the audio, but say the file appeared to have been transferred to a Sony XPeria phone, which was later seized.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...nt-balcony-20140908-10e4zm.html#ixzz3DC90c8yh

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...s-Paradise-Aug-2014-3&p=10954781#post10954781

I am still waiting for the link that verifies, from Mensa, I suppose, that Gabe Tostee's IQ is 150....... I suspect that link is never going to arrive from the claimant who proposes the idea, but one can only ask, again.

Isn't that a bit of a case of the pot calling the kettle black?

We even saw 'selfies' sent by her to her sister actually on the night comparing GT to a celebrity.

That's called bragging. Why else would she send them? With his shirt off? She was bragging she'd snabbed a hot guy and would have kept the photos in her phone and shown them to her other friends too. GT would be 'rated' on a scale by them.

So what if GT rated girls on a forum. They were two attractive people bragging about their conquests.

It's not two people hooking up via a dating app for casual sex that we're disturbed by. It's Tostee's attitude towards women, his callous treatment of them and the fact that he seemed to get his jollies from secretly recording them and posting them online.

So she wanted to hook up with him and go home with him. That's not what bothers us. It's what he did to her once he got her in his home, how he spoke to her, terrified her, entrapped her, and seemed to take pleasure in it.

I know his type. Arrogance masks insecurity. He's obsessed with bodybuilding and picking up chicks because he has no real depth of character, and he thinks those things make him impressive. It's not enough for him to know he's having sex with attractive young women; he has to have recorded proof of it to post online and impress the boys. Ask yourself, is that normal behaviour? I know lots of guys who enjoy casual sex but they'd never do a thing like that.

Listen to the recordings of him with Warriena. Is that how a normal, healthy, well-adjusted young man with respect for women as human beings talks to a woman, treats a woman? If anyone thinks so, then I'd say they're people that we should all stay well away from as well.

<modsnip> - I thought I'd give you just a small example.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161380443

You're a patient person, sleepinoz! It's very frustrating when people come online and start denying facts that have already been established, and demanding proof to back them up. The information is all here, and available in previous threads. It's really no one else's job to track things down like a personal assistant.

You're a patient person, sleepinoz! It's very frustrating when people come online and start denying facts that have already been established, and demanding proof to back them up. The information is all here, and available in previous threads. It's really no one else's job to track things down like a personal assistant.

Starry - I am one of those that usually thinks along these lines - after all we are Sleuthers. I just don't like to hear the same question asked over and over and over by someone that just can't be bothered to look for something themselves.

Oh my goodness, finally found what I have been looking for ... thanks to Amee's fabulous links. I just wanted to put here the statement about the recording not being on the original device, because I have been banging on about it so much. lol

0.55am - A sound recorder is activated on a device allegedly owned by Mr Tostee. Police are uncertain what was used to record the audio, but say the file appeared to have been transferred to a Sony XPeria phone, which was later seized.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...nt-balcony-20140908-10e4zm.html#ixzz3DC90c8yh

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...s-Paradise-Aug-2014-3&p=10954781#post10954781

In addition to your wonderful find SA - Obviously the Police confiscated the copy of the recording they found - strangely though Tostee had his own copy to release to the public.

I very much doubt that the Police returned their copy due to it being the main evidence being used in the trial.

Isn't that a bit of a case of the pot calling the kettle black?

We even saw 'selfies' sent by her to her sister actually on the night comparing GT to a celebrity.

That's called bragging. Why else would she send them? With his shirt off? She was bragging she'd snabbed a hot guy and would have kept the photos in her phone and shown them to her other friends too. GT would be 'rated' on a scale by them.

So what if GT rated girls on a forum. They were two attractive people bragging about their conquests.
All you making here are assumptions. What has been stated about Gable's treatment of women is fact. IMO the picture to her sister was an observation, hey, look at the guy I'm with, doesn't he look like Sam from Supernatural? To state that she would share the pic with friends and he would be rated is quite a leap.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

It's not two people hooking up via a dating app for casual sex that we're disturbed by. It's Tostee's attitude towards women, his callous treatment of them and the fact that he seemed to get his jollies from secretly recording them and posting them online.

So she wanted to hook up with him and go home with him. That's not what bothers us. It's what he did to her once he got her in his home, how he spoke to her, terrified her, entrapped her, and seemed to take pleasure in it.

I know his type. Arrogance masks insecurity. He's obsessed with bodybuilding and picking up chicks because he has no real depth of character, and he thinks those things make him impressive. It's not enough for him to know he's having sex with attractive young women; he has to have recorded proof of it to post online and impress the boys. Ask yourself, is that normal behaviour? I know lots of guys who enjoy casual sex but they'd never do a thing like that.

Listen to the recordings of him with Warriena. Is that how a normal, healthy, well-adjusted young man with respect for women as human beings talks to a woman, treats a woman? If anyone thinks so, then I'd say they're people that we should all stay well away from as well.

This is the problem&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;The Jury, as far as I am aware, was never presented with this evidence. They were not presented with his online behaviour, or offline behaviour or any experts to look at his behaviour and deem it normal or not. They were not watching witness after witness come through and claim they had bad experiences with him. Really, I thought the part in the tape where Warriena calls him &#8220;sexist&#8221;, since the crown was using the tape as evidence, could of then called into question his online/offline behaviour, to back up what the victim has accused GT of being&#8230;&#8230;.I have not much legal knowledge of what is and isn&#8217;t allowed at trial. Going completely off what was given to the jury, I think the crown did a pretty bad job, and the jury has a hard decision to make that has to be made on the facts given to them and not off a gut feeling of &#8220;this dude is freaking strange&#8221; or the added advantage of looking at all of his past behaviours, as we have. I have gone very back and forth on this case, and I have the added advantage of reading his online cringey dribble. Ripping the tape apart it could also be argued that a normal, healthy, well adjusted young lady doesn&#8217;t talk/treat a male in the fashion that Warriena did to GT. This is where experts would of helped the case. I am terribly sad that Warriena&#8217;s has lost her life, and that her family now have this awful recording as their last memory of her, no one should hear their loved one like that. All IMO

This is the problem&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;The Jury, as far as I am aware, was never presented with this evidence. They were not presented with his online behaviour, or offline behaviour or any experts to look at his behaviour and deem it normal or not. They were not watching witness after witness come through and claim they had bad experiences with him. Really, I thought the part in the tape where Warriena calls him &#8220;sexist&#8221;, since the crown was using the tape as evidence, could of then called into question his online/offline behaviour, to back up what the victim has accused GT of being&#8230;&#8230;.I have not much legal knowledge of what is and isn&#8217;t allowed at trial. Going completely off what was given to the jury, I think the crown did a pretty bad job, and the jury has a hard decision to make that has to be made on the facts given to them and not off a gut feeling of &#8220;this dude is freaking strange&#8221; or the added advantage of looking at all of his past behaviours, as we have. I have gone very back and forth on this case, and I have the added advantage of reading his online cringey dribble. Ripping the tape apart it could also be argued that a normal, healthy, well adjusted young lady doesn&#8217;t talk/treat a male in the fashion that Warriena did to GT. This is where experts would of helped the case. I am terribly sad that Warriena&#8217;s has lost her life, and that her family now have this awful recording as their last memory of her, no one should hear their loved one like that. All IMO

This is the problem with our judicial system imo.
It generally cannot let prior/current behaviours and crimes be brought to a jury's attention, even given that those crimes and/or behaviours may be repetitive.

Look at Adrian Bayley for example. He has had SO many rape charges and convictions. None allowed to be discussed in court when he was tried for the rape and murder of Jill Meagher.
It was not until the sentencing that the judge was allowed to take his prior convictions into consideration and sentence him somewhat accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24