Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankyou, you summed it up beautifully.
I do not think there could ever be a better defence in history then revealing the same children were living in the same house as a serial pedophile murderer who revealed in his court transcript that he had taken one of the same children's clothing for sexual gratification. Also proof that the medical exam of the children could only say a abuse within a 6 months period.
Not convinced completely as I realise this is just the defences version of events. Only thing still ringing in my ears is the sharing of victims claims by police so perhaps BS was a co offender. Now the pedophile link the police talk about makes sense. But through family not necessarily through behaviour. http://www.theguardian.com/australi...-seeks-bail-over-historical-sex-abuse-charges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The court heard Spedding and his wife Margaret have offered “their savings” of $100,000 in surety that the Crown says is “generous” but “insufficient to satisfy the bail concerns.”

I wonder what saving would make you ineligible for legal aide?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ey-john-hillsley/story-fni0cx12-1227402386747
http://obriensolicitors.com.au/services/legal-aid/

Considering the first bail hearing the only offered $30000 in property I'd say someone has helped them or maybe their super?

I do not think there could ever be a better defence in history then revealing the same children were living in the same house as a serial pedophile murderer who revealed in his court transcript that he had taken one of the same children's clothing for sexual gratification. Also proof that the medical exam of the children could only say a abuse within a 6 months period.
Not convinced completely as I realise this is just the defences version of events. Only thing still ringing in my ears is the sharing of victims claims by police so perhaps BS was a co offender. Now the pedophile link the police talk about makes sense. But through family not necessarily through behaviour. http://www.theguardian.com/australi...-seeks-bail-over-historical-sex-abuse-charges

Looking at it another way -
What better time than then, to give in to his paedophilic urges, when he has someone else to take the blame.

Considering the first bail hearing the only offered $30000 in property I'd say someone has helped them or maybe their super?

Super, sale of MS's property and maybe family and friends have put some in also, they seem to have people standing by them. I would help a family member i believed to be innocent.

But I take it that the girls showed signs of trauma ... vomiting etc in April. This is supposed to have been immediately after the assaults took place .... and Hillsley was back in jail a couple of months before then.
And the co-offender thing takes me back to my earlier curiosity over whether Spedding met Hillsley through his ex-wife, or did Hillsley introduce his good mate Bill to her?

Looking at it another way -
What better time than then, to give in to his paedophilic urges, when he has someone else to take the blame.

Yes I agree that that is a reasonable theory. I'm still
Interested to hear more from the prosecution and I don't know if they didn't say much today so they did not ruin the actual case. BUT there clearly is not yet enough evidence to charge him with any other historical charges, not enough for WT. So you have a man BS who is an apparent kidnapper, pedophile, sicko but in 30 years this is the only thing they have....

Frustrating that this is no closer to finding WT.

If BS is guilty of these past crimes, then he isn't buckling at all. If they had any further evidence connecting him to WT surely they'd of revealed it by now? It doesn't look like he will be volunteering anything.

Worse, from what little we know, he is still in a defensible position against these past crimes, even if in reality he is guilty. Don't confuse an accumulation gruesome details as convicting evidence :\

We will be find you, WT!

Yes, this is how I feel.

The uncle has almost admitted to doing it. We know he was out on Jan 21, because that's when he was caught with the kid in the toilet. We know he was still home for awhile after that, because he was told not to take the nieces into his bedroom. He then said that he thought that if the family was going to accuse him, he may as well do it (i'm paraphrasing, the link was in the last thread).

I suddenly have some doubt as to whether BS is involved in this historical case.
And if he's not involved in the historical case, it introduces doubt about whether he'd take William. Lets face it, we only really thought he took William when we found out about his "past".

william is still missing, dear little man I really hope you aren't caught up in all this sinister stuff, not looking good though. I truly believe there is so much more to come out that we have no clue about. Did anyone know about the seedy brother in laws connection until today ? What more is to come .......

Yes, this is how I feel.

The uncle has almost admitted to doing it. We know he was out on Jan 21, because that's when he was caught with the kid in the toilet. We know he was still home for awhile after that, because he was told not to take the nieces into his bedroom. He then said that he thought that if the family was going to accuse him, he may as well do it (i'm paraphrasing, the link was in the last thread).

I suddenly have some doubt as to whether BS is involved in this historical case.
And if he's not involved in the historical case, it introduces doubt about whether he'd take William. Lets face it, we only really thought he took William when we found out about his "past".
They said he was back in custody the end of January. The girls were said to have vaginal bruising upon examination in April. Would they still be bruised months later if it had been done by their uncle?

I had a box of roofing tiles fall three stories onto my lap, the force was so great it fractured my bone, yet the bruising was completely clear within 4 weeks if not sooner. I know healing times can vary due to age and area inflicted, but would it really be possible to be attacked at the end of January and still have bruising over two months later?

"Ms Sharma argued Spedding was 'facing full time custody in the latter half of his life' and the risk he would break bail conditions was to great."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ile-questioned-disappearance-toddler-William-

Oh wow, OK I was pondering aloud earlier and now the prosecution has said it.

I reckon we will find that Spedding and Hillsley abused children together.

I wonder if Spedding put his foot in it when police questioned him about the historical assaults. Perhaps he thought, "I'll blame it on Hillsley", but in doing so created a massive red flag... and then LE dug further into Hillsley and Spedding's connection.

They said he was back in custody the end of January. The girls were said to have vaginal bruising upon examination in April. Would they still be bruised months later if it had been done by their uncle?

I had a box of roofing tiles fall three stories onto my lap, the force was so great it fractured my bone, yet the bruising was completely clear within 4 weeks if not sooner. I know healing times can vary due to age and area inflicted, but would it really be possible to be attacked at the end of January and still have bruising over two months later?

Yes but it was stated in court today that the medical evidence could only say it was within the last 6 months and it was only evidence of one victim. http://www.theguardian.com/australi...-seeks-bail-over-historical-sex-abuse-charges

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...th-bill-spedding/story-fns0kb1g-1227322744804
2 points in this article stood out to me. I think he contacted the alleged victim for the character reference because the three kids had been taken out of his custody and he approached her to say he didn't do what he was accused of. She called the police after that which I think might have been the beginning of her involvement in the historical investigation. The other point was that one of the children was examined in May 87 at Westmead hospital. That is nearly a month after the time frame given for the attack.

Another big day tomorrow. Wondering if bs and jh worked together.

Sorry got nothing else, had to comment so I could find thread tomorrow 😀

Yes, this is how I feel.

BBM. That is certainly not the case as far as I'm concerned. My opinion on BS's involvement in William's disappearance has absolutely nothing to do with the historical sex charges. The police have had BS in their sites as a person of interest from the beginning. They've invested many man hours, time and money in their investigation. They do not do that on a whim. I feel sure that they have a lot more evidence that will eventually be revealed.

I don't think Hillsley has almost admitted sexually assaulting the little girls BS is accused of sexually assaulting. It is all supposition. We don't know how many nieces Hillsley has and we don't know if he was actually living with the said victims in January 1987. All of this is assumed because of what we've read in MSM and Hillsley's court record. It's joining the dots but it doesn't always give a complete picture. I'm looking forward to Spedding's upcoming days in court and hopefully the truth will finally be revealed one way or the other.

Yes but it was stated in court today that the medical evidence could only say it was within the last 6 months and it was only evidence of one victim. http://www.theguardian.com/australi...-seeks-bail-over-historical-sex-abuse-charges

Spedding is accused of sexually assaulting the two girls in a caravan in Campbelltown in April/May 1987. O’Brien suggested Hillsley had had the opportunity to do something to these children.

While medical evidence suggested the victims had been abused after the alleged offences in 1987, it didn’t show when the abuse happened, O’Brien said.

Gee I don't know.
Spedding has been charged with sexual assault of two young girls in a caravan in April - May 1987 at Campbelltown.
It is only being suggested by a defense lawyer that Hillsley (who happened to back in goal in Apr/May 1987) may have done this back in January.

The medical evidence suggests the abuse may have happened after the alleged offences. Aren't the alleged offences April - May?
imo

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...-seeks-bail-over-historical-sex-abuse-charges

Attention please

Inviting outside contact or alluding to "private" additional information:

“Inviting” is termed as a post where you invite other members to contact you to find out more information, rather than post it in the forum. This is not allowed and any posts with emails or invitations to contact for more information will either be edited or deleted entirely.

This includes use of the Private Message system via comments such as “Check your PMs” or “PM me” posted in discussion threads.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

Thank you

I don't see anything about six months in there, it says medical evidence was found after the alleged incidences in April & May (making it even more unlikely that it was the uncle because now we are into the month of May), but they couldn't pinpoint an exact time. Did you mean to link a different article or perhaps this one was edited because the six months thing was a mistake?

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...th-bill-spedding/story-fns0kb1g-1227322744804
2 points in this article stood out to me. I think he contacted the alleged victim for the character reference because the three kids had been taken out of his custody and he approached her to say he didn't do what he was accused of. She called the police after that which I think might have been the beginning of her involvement in the historical investigation. The other point was that one of the children was examined in May 87 at Westmead hospital. That is nearly a month after the time frame given for the attack.
No the attacks were said to have taken place in April & May, there was more than one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname