Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the Blue Card form in front of me (my daughter is applying for one).

Paid employee (such as in after school programs, private tutors, school crossing supervisors etc) pays $81.40, a volunteer or a student (such as a student teacher or student child care worker for example) do not pay a fee.

That is from the Blue Card new/renewal application form.

When I was at uni our Blue Card was free but in my occupation I no longer need one as I automatically get a police check every 5 years paid for by my employer or professional organisation (I can't remember which).

Hope that helps.

I actually have to get my WWCC today (working with children check)....its free for volunteers and you pay if you need it for paid work. You apply on line with all your details and then go to the RMS (Roads and Maritime Services) with your photo drivers licensce so they can verify that you are who you say you are. I am really not sure exactly what protection it really offers except to say I am not a prohibited person according to the info on my drivers licence. I dont know what they do if you dont have a drivers licence.

Goodmorning Everyone,

first post :)

It was breaking news about half an hour ago. BS was attending Port Macquarie Police station in regards to bail and those child sexual assault charges.

It was also said that the Police will hold a media conference at 1:30pm today ( 5 hours from now) with information about the investigation.

Who leaves their window open and what other reasons would you leave it open in your non resident street? Both cars. Would that mean they werent going to be long gone?
Was it a hot day?

You couldnt restrain a child on your own while driving. You would need more than one person.

No mention of people in the cars. But both cars had their windows open

Some of my immediate thoughts on the interview last night.

I thought WT's mum reminded me of Sarah Monaghan (from Hey Dad). I know she isn't but she had similar mannerisms and tone of voice from her interviews about Hughes. The dad's lip was very familiar. I feel like I've seen it somewhere before, the fullness of his top lip in the middle. A few times I felt the camera showed too much of his face, from his chin up to the bottom of his eyes, very briefly. I wondered if this was deliberate. I was very surprised the camera showed the slightly blurred out faces of the parents on the little camera monitor on the video camera. Surely someone would be able to manipulate that image to crisp up the image and reveal their faces? I remember a paedophile used a swirly face image on a social media account that was manipulated through Photo Booth on a Mac and police unswirled the image and found him.

Last night's interview was very telling in what little new information it did reveal, it's obviously targeted at some one or some people very specifically. I commend Michael Usher on his professionalism because if it was me in his seat I'd have been a blabbering mess. I found it very touching that when the mum apologised for making him cry he told her not to, she shouldn't have to apologise.

<modsnip>

Like I said previously, I think this is just the tip of something big being revealed. I know police play their cards close to their chest, I know this interview was targeted at someone or someone's. My original belief that BS is not directly involved but somehow linked to the disappearance still stands.

And I really should stop reading some of the FB comments on pages like Sunrise, 60 Minutes and some newspaper pages; the amount of ignorance about the case that some commenters show is ridiculous. Blaming the foster parents and saying 'they're suss" or that the foster grandmother is behind it all just makes my blood boil. And don't get me started on those who are asking "why are we only hearing about this story now?" makes me want to reach through the computer and smack their heads with my coffee mug.

When watching last nights story on 60 minutes, did anyone else get chills when the Detective said "ANYONE who is a person of interest should be feeling immense pressure" or something similar?

I was crying throughout the story last night. My husband was just freaking out as I have been hassling him to put in gates and fences for 7 years. We too live on a large bushy block, in a cul-de-sac, quiet part of town and our little girl is now the exact same age as William. She is a little adventurous thing. There have been several times she has hidden in the garden and I can't find her and then... there was the time when she was up the road and just turning the corner when I spotted her. I tell you, Usain Bolt had nothing in me that day. Was I not watching her? I was outside with her and hanging up bedsheets!

Thanks Morissa!!!

Looks like there are MORE vehicles they are looking into

“There was also another vehicle described as a dark green/ greyish coloured sedan. “This vehicle drove past 48 Benaroon Drive as William was riding his bike on the driveway around 9am on the morning he disappeared.

“In addition, we have received reports of a four wheel drive vehicle driving out of Benaroon Drive around the time William vanished.

”This is of interest to us because we have also received information about a four wheel drive vehicle driving at speed in the Kendall area shortly after.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Goodmorning Everyone,

It was breaking news about half an hour ago. BS was attending Port Macquarie Police station in regards to bail and those child sexual assault charges.

It was also said that the Police will hold a media conference at 1:30pm today ( 5 hours from now) with information about the investigation.
Welcome EurekaLemon[emoji1]

Thank you very much for this post!

I actually have to get my WWCC today (working with children check)....its free for volunteers and you pay if you need it for paid work. You apply on line with all your details and then go to the RMS (Roads and Maritime Services) with your photo drivers licensce so they can verify that you are who you say you are. I am really not sure exactly what protection it really offers except to say I am not a prohibited person according to the info on my drivers licence. I dont know what they do if you dont have a drivers licence.

My daughter is underage so no licence for her. You have to provide id from two lists. List one is a signature and non signature document. Signature is licence/learners/proof of age card or an Australian passport. Non signature is birth certificate, proof of citizenship or permanent residency or an overseas passport. List two has signature (student ID, credit or bank card, health care card etc) or non signatures (medicare card, bank statement, tax assessment notice etc).

As for protection, I don't know. In my job our police checks are done every 5 years and unless it's something really serious like murder I'd image, I don't think a conviction would show up until your next check. When I was at uni a fellow student was charged with molesting a child during the course of their studies, he was removed from his workplace immediately but until there was a conviction I don't think anything would have shown up on his check (he already had his blue card). It's an odd system especially when you consider so many people have passed checks and then historical crimes come up. I suppose if it's not on your record then there's nothing that would show up :(

Edited to add that Part F of the form says this section must be completed by the organisation's representative irrespective of whether or not the organisation can sight the identification above (in Part E). Part G is the payment details section and then you pop the form in the mail and wait for your Blue Card to turn up in the post. This is Queensland.

Who leaves their window open and what other reasons would you leave it open in your non residential street?
Was it a hot day?

You couldnt restrain a child on your own while driving. You would need more than one person.
In regards about direction cars were facing. Would the cars have had to turn around at the end of the street to be facing that direction while parked?

I wonder if the dark car is a Hybrid or electric type of car? Those cars make next to no noise so they might not have been heard driving off. The nose of it looks a bit like a Prius or Civic at first glance. But my first thought watching the story was it could have been the car reported by the truck driver, the Camry or Camira.

Could be. Well the white station wagon maybe. The grey sedan was said to be older

Goodmorning Everyone,

Welcome and thank you for that information. I wonder what information they will reveal!

And I really miss Colin. Come back, Colin ;)

Who leaves their window open and what other reasons would you leave it open in your non resident street?
Was it a hot day?

Lots of people leave their windows open where I live to let breeze flow through the car. Then they wonder why their car gets stolen...

Yes, you would need more than one person to restrain a child smuggled in to a car UNLESS you knew the child or lured them in on the pretence you were taking them to see their daddy and they sat expectantly until you got them far enough away from prying eyes...

Thanks Morissa!!!

Looks like there are MORE vehicles they are looking into

“There was also another vehicle described as a dark green/ greyish coloured sedan. “This vehicle drove past 48 Benaroon Drive as William was riding his bike on the driveway around 9am on the morning he disappeared.

“In addition, we have received reports of a four wheel drive vehicle driving out of Benaroon Drive around the time William vanished.

”This is of interest to us because we have also received information about a four wheel drive vehicle driving at speed in the Kendall area shortly after.

Bumping off of my own post. In the beginning IIRC police were searching the trail behind the house for parts off of a 4WD vehicle.

Goodmorning Everyone,

Hopefully some new info came in after the info was released about the vehicles.
Welcome and thank you for that information. I wonder what information they will reveal!

And I really miss Colin. Come back, Colin ;)
I miss him too [emoji1]

Hi again everyone

FM said last night that william was rar rar-ing around the garden when he disappeared but weren't we told ages ago that he was playing hide and seek with his sister when he disappeared?

I think she's the green shirt lady who spoke on behalf of the parents? Correct me if I'm wrong anyone

If she was on in the first couple of minutes then I must have missed it, the show I was watching beforehand ran slightly over time :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann