Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
just watched channel nine news update but it was really just about the 4 cars again and an appeal for people to come forward and reporters chasing bs to his car, i noticed they called him the police's SOLE person of interest

My daughter is underage so no licence for her. You have to provide id from two lists. List one is a signature and non signature document. Signature is licence/learners/proof of age card or an Australian passport. Non signature is birth certificate, proof of citizenship or permanent residency or an overseas passport. List two has signature (student ID, credit or bank card, health care card etc) or non signatures (medicare card, bank statement, tax assessment notice etc).

As for protection, I don't know. In my job our police checks are done every 5 years and unless it's something really serious like murder I'd image, I don't think a conviction would show up until your next check. When I was at uni a fellow student was charged with molesting a child during the course of their studies, he was removed from his workplace immediately but until there was a conviction I don't think anything would have shown up on his check (he already had his blue card). It's an odd system especially when you consider so many people have passed checks and then historical crimes come up. I suppose if it's not on your record then there's nothing that would show up :(

Edited to add that Part F of the form says this section must be completed by the organisation's representative irrespective of whether or not the organisation can sight the identification above (in Part E). Part G is the payment details section and then you pop the form in the mail and wait for your Blue Card to turn up in the post. This is Queensland.
We've moved around a lot and I've had working with children checks in WA, SA and NT in the last 4 years. The system seems the same and costs a similar amount. As said before they're only denied if there is something on record for you. The idea is good but probably gives a sense of false security and certainly is a lovely money spinner for the state coffers! It's all automated!

Because they were up to no good(of a different kind) and don't want to come forward.

Thing is though, let's say it was a drug dealing. What are the odds people meeting to deal drugs outside a house where a child goes missing that morning aren't linked?

The occupants of the two cars had gone for a walk in the bush? A walk in the bush with a dog maybe?

Because they were up to no good(of a different kind) and don't want to come forward.

Hence they could easily add attributes to the card holder identification online. That would make the database a whole lot more useful. If he organisation ID was entered then govt could map offenders.

We've moved around a lot and I've had working with children checks in WA, SA and NT in the last 4 years. The system seems the same and costs a similar amount. As said before they're only denied if there is something on record for you. The idea is good but probably gives a sense of false security and certainly is a lovely money spinner for the state coffers! It's all automated!

Thing is though, let's say it was a drug dealing. What are the odds people meeting to deal drugs outside a house where a child goes missing that morning aren't linked?

I agree it's unlikely. But not impossible. Not all drug dealers or users are evil enough to snatch a 3 year old.Not many people in general are. I can't think of any other reasons, other than the ones I already posted, that would cause two cars to be parked like that in a cul de sac. It seems the perfect place to be if you don't want to be observed.

I would say that most drug users and even dealers would have zero interest in abducting a 3 year old. Drug use is prevalent enough in society that if drug use and crimes on the level of kidnap were that closely correlated, there would be a lot more kidnappings.

Look at the stats on drug use: BBM and stats from Australian Institute of Health and Welfare report 2006 "Statistics on drug use in Australia 2006" http://www.aihw.gov.au/publication-detail/?id=6442467962

Illicit drugs
• In 2004, 38% of Australians aged 14 years and over had used an illicit drug in their
lifetime and 15% in the last 12 months
• Marijuana/cannabis was the most common illicit drug used (34% had used in their
lifetime).
• In 2004, 9% of Australians aged 14 years and over had used methamphetamine in
their lifetime and 3% in the last 12 months.

I don't mean to pick on you at all, but I would place my bets on people with an apparent history of abuse of children over randoms scoring some weed when it comes to likely perpetrators of a kidnap.

I would say that most drug users and even dealers would have zero interest in abducting a 3 year old. Drug use is prevalent enough in society that if drug use and crimes on the level of kidnap were that closely correlated, there would be a lot more kidnappings.

Look at the stats on drug use: BBM and stats from Australian Institute of Health and Welfare report 2006 "Statistics on drug use in Australia 2006" http://www.aihw.gov.au/publication-detail/?id=6442467962

I don't mean to pick on you at all, but I would place my bets on people with an apparent history of abuse of children over randoms scoring some weed when it comes to likely perpetrators of a kidnap.

Yeah agreed. My comment wasn't really aimed at connecting drug dealers and abductions, more wondering why (a.) We haven't had this released in greater detail until now and (b.) Why have the cars not been cleared. Regardless of what their intentions were, it seems like a big coincidence to not be connected given how small the area is/everyone knowing everyone etc

The occupants of the two cars had gone for a walk in the bush? A walk in the bush with a dog maybe?

I thought I heard it mentioned that the drivers windows were open, you'd probably not leave your window open (maybe a crack at the top) if you were going bushwalking. Did they say whether the vehicles were occupied or not?

I thought I heard it mentioned that the drivers windows were open, you'd probably not leave your window open (maybe a crack at the top) if you were going bushwalking. Did they say whether the vehicles were occupied or not?
No they haven't and that is what I've been wondering. We're there people in the cars and how many? Male, female?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Large issues with meth and sexual abuse right now. Rural areas have hot spots

I've been wondering what the make and colour of the car was that belonged to the Victorian couple staying at the caravan park where the child was heard crying.

I just watched the "extra snippet" from the 60 Minutes show that wasnt shown last night. Inspector Jubelin makes a comment that he knows they are going back and interviewing the locals time and time again and that he would be find it suspicious if anyone had a problem with that. Perhaps the police should have released all the evidence they had earlier rather than now so they would not need to be going back time and again. I know I will get up some peoples noses but I dont think the police have done much of a job in this case. They need to get everything out there if they need the publics help. Too much secrecy. I know William was in a fostering situation but this is an extraordinary case. The normal fostering laws regarding identity should not apply here.

http://www.domain.com.au/property-profile/48-benaroon-drive-kendall-nsw-2439

I rang and made enquiries from the above site about what is considered the official sale date of properties listed on property profile histories. They said they couldn't be specific as it may be the date of settlement or the date of swapping contracts. Looking at other opinions about when a property is actually sold, I see the same type of ambiguity. Many people think a property is officially sold on the date of settlement and others think it is when contracts are swapped. I can see in all likelihood, 48 Benaroon drive was put on the market after WT disappeared due to these distressing circumstances, however I do not want to assume that is the case because it is the crime scene, and I am asking how this point could be clarified or has it been officially clarified in earlier threads by other sleuthers? The date of sale of the property was 31/10/14. If this was the date of settlement then it is usual in NSW for settlement to take about 6 weeks, bringing the time of swapping contracts to approx. 19/9/14. Quite possibly meaning that the house was being viewed prior to WT's disappearance.

I just watched the "extra snippet" from the 60 Minutes show that wasnt shown last night. Inspector Jubelin makes a comment that he knows they are going back and interviewing the locals time and time again and that he would be find it suspicious if anyone had a problem with that. Perhaps the police should have released all the evidence they had earlier rather than now so they would not need to be going back time and again. I know I will get up some peoples noses but I dont think the police have done much of a job in this case. They need to get everything out there if they need the publics help. Too much secrecy. I know William was in a fostering situation but this is an extraordinary case. The normal fostering laws regarding identity should not apply here.

I agree. I'd like to know how this whole thing would have played out had Jubee been on the case from day 1. I'm still scratching my head as to how it could take 4 months for BS cars to be seized...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaid28