Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you post the photo please, crabby.

I think Crabby is talking about one of the images from the link bearbear posted earlier. They are copyright images so only the link can be posted here.

So FGP is in the Kendall cemetery next door. There is a swinging rope by the track. There is a NSWRFS bunting around a compensation pit. mmm
I've seen the photos, but what is the function of a compensation pit please?

It's interesting to note that all of the locations below are within a 50km radius of Kendall. Not that far if someone wanted hide something or somebody and was aware that their phone wouldn't be detected in the area.

Legend:

MBSP-NSW-037 Comboyne A. (Telstra ?G ???MHz) Proposed 25 Jun 2015

MBSP-NSW-038 Comboyne B. (Telstra ?G ???MHz) Proposed 25 Jun 2015

MBSP-NSW-051 Elands. (Telstra ?G ???MHz) Proposed 25 Jun 2015

MBSP-NSW-138 Wherrol Flat. (Telstra ?G ???MHz) Proposed 25 Jun 2015

I read somewhere this week that hardly any NSW reward offers are paid out (not sure if that's due to lack of info from public or the $ not being paid to info giver for some reason)...this made me think - does anyone know how long (ie days/weeks/months) it usually takes for rewards to be taken up (for successful ones) - I suppose I expected it to be a short timeframe for $1m to be taken up by public member and if we get to a month from now and nothing has been announced / no raid / no arrest then does that seem to indicate it wasn't successful?

Please don't forget Mr S had the part to fix the washing machine that Morning according to his bestie...

Mr S was so happy to not to have gotten through to Grandma because he was wanting to go to the Grandkids footy matches on the Saturday...

Please don't forget Mr S had the part to fix the washing machine that Morning according to his bestie...

Mr S was so happy to not to have gotten through to Grandma because he was wanting to go to the Grandkids footy matches on the Saturday...

I think the part was said to have arrived on the Thursday, Puggle, according to Colin. So, yes, Spedding would have had it for an installation on Friday morning. Get the job out of the way before those weekend footy matches ....

"Colin said Mr Spedding had visited William's grandmother's house on Monday, September 8, but needed to order a part, which arrived on Thursday September 11."

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/william-h...iam-tyrell-investigation-20150121-12v4n3.html

I notice that this article has the APC stamp at the beginning of it now. Evidently it is an article that was included in the complaint to the Australian Press Council.

Yet it sounds like he might have got through, from this:

He says his father was due to go to William’s grandmother’s house on the day William disappeared, to fix her washing machine, but “he went to an award ceremony at the school, where one of the boys was getting an award, so he ended up going there rather than going out on that day to William’s grandmother’s”. He says his father told him that he phoned the grandmother to say he would not be coming to fix the washing machine.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...sh-into-thin-air/story-e6frg6z6-1227308929078

Reading this at the moment:

Child Victims of Stereotypical Kidnappings Known to Law Enforcement in 2011
(NCJ 249249) June 2016
OJJDP NISMART Series, Bulletin, 20 page(s)
Janis Wolak, David Finkelhor, and Andrea J. Sedlak

Abstract:

This bulletin summarizes findings on the incidence and characteristics of stereotypical kidnappings of children in 2011 and compares them with 1997 findings. An estimated 105 children were victims of stereotypical kidnappings in 2011, virtually the same as the 1997 estimate. Most kidnappings involved the use of force or threats, and about three in five victims were sexually assaulted, abused, or exploited. Victims were, most commonly, ages 12 to 17, girls, white, and living in situations other than with two biological or adoptive parents. Half of all stereotypical kidnappings in 2011 were sexually motivated crimes against adolescent girls. Most perpetrators of 2011 stereotypical kidnappings were male, were ages 18 to 35, and were white or black in equal proportion.

http://www.ojjdp.gov/pubs/249249.pdf

Seems interesting so far.

well someone is lying then.....either his son or him.... supposedly he never got through.....and all he is supposed to know is he missed calls until he got the call from the FM saying it wasn't an appropriate time to come out (as by this time William was missing) .....

These are the discrepancies Police are probably working on........ seems no one can get the story straight.

Reading this at the moment:

Child Victims of Stereotypical Kidnappings Known to Law Enforcement in 2011
(NCJ 249249) June 2016
OJJDP NISMART Series, Bulletin, 20 page(s)
Janis Wolak, David Finkelhor, and Andrea J. Sedlak

Abstract:

This bulletin summarizes findings on the incidence and characteristics of stereotypical kidnappings of children in 2011 and compares them with 1997 findings. An estimated 105 children were victims of stereotypical kidnappings in 2011, virtually the same as the 1997 estimate. Most kidnappings involved the use of force or threats, and about three in five victims were sexually assaulted, abused, or exploited. Victims were, most commonly, ages 12 to 17, girls, white, and living in situations other than with two biological or adoptive parents. Half of all stereotypical kidnappings in 2011 were sexually motivated crimes against adolescent girls. Most perpetrators of 2011 stereotypical kidnappings were male, were ages 18 to 35, and were white or black in equal proportions.

http://www.ojjdp.gov/pubs/249249.pdf

Seems interesting so far.

I take if from the references supplied at the bottom of this article that the statistics put forward are American and therefore not necessarily indicative of Australian child kidnappings.

I take if from the references supplied at the bottom of this article that the statistics put forward are American and therefore not necessarily indicative of Australian child kidnappings.

Wouldn't matter if they are...... we all know in OZ that we follow American stats....probably far behind...due to our population...but yet (sadly)we always seem to catch up.

So FGP is in the Kendall cemetery next door. There is a swinging rope by the track. There is a NSWRFS bunting around a compensation pit. mmm

Hi Crabby, please excuse my ignorance but would you please advise what's a 'compensation pit' ?

I think I heard some possible rumour also of an old well in the area, but I don't give any credence to this even if it and pits etc exist, as SURELY those things would have been thoroughly checked very early in the investigation.

Yes, Colin says this (below)
I have also read elsewhere that grandma called him in the morning, he didn't pick up, he rang back at around 2, and was told that they couldn't talk now by William's mum - and for some reason I believe that, perhaps because it is not what Colin or Spedding's son said.

"He said that, when Mr Spedding got in touch with the family on Friday, the day that William went missing, he initially couldn't get a hold of the grandmother.

"He's rung them again because he couldn't get them in the morning," Colin said.

"Then [William's] mother answered it and said, 'Oh I'm afraid, look I'm afraid you can't come and do it at the moment - we will give you a call when we can.' "

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/william-h...iam-tyrell-investigation-20150121-12v4n3.html

Wouldn't matter if they are...... we all know in OZ that we follow American stats....probably far behind...due to our population...but yet (sadly)we always seem to catch up.

Just your opinion Puggles, not mine. I don't follow American stats.

Yes NISMART Is an American organisation. Of course there would be some notable differences such as population demographics, but as a general guide used with commonsense local knowledge it seems a useful resource. I haven't yet found anything as recent or comprehensive available in the Australian Institute of Criminology's collections. Many of their publications cite references published in the UK or USA.

Just your opinion Puggles, not mine. I don't follow American stats.

Much to be learnt from American stats Makara......we don't have a huge history here in Australia to draw from....

maybe an opinion.....but its drawn from common sense of taking information from the best available resource with the most Knowledge....and applying it within a similar cultural environment.....

I hope you don't simply exclude it from your thought process because its from USA...

Thanks Curious One. Link is pay walled, but main interest was tweaked by the comments ' he says his father was due to go ....'

i was of the opinion that Col was the spokesperson but has RS been telling a similar tale ?

RS and Dear Ole Cole...... nothing they have said has been proved. Where is the people screaming from the rafters that BS has been railroaded.....he was at the café...he was at the school .....what? No one?.....not one!!!......surely someone by now would have come forward to get their mug in the media.....the silence is deafening...

Much to be learnt from American stats Makara......we don't have a huge history here in Australia to draw from....

maybe an opinion.....but its drawn from common sense of taking information from the best available resource with the most Knowledge....and applying it within a similar cultural environment.....

I hope you don't simply exclude it from your thought process because its from USA...

We don't have a huge history in Australia to draw from?? Give me a break! As an historian I can send you many, many links to historical cases of kidnapping in Australia over the last two hundred years, one of whom was my own ancestor. I won't waste my time and yours in doing so though. My thought processes in regard to William's disappearance does not include American statistics at all and I'm entitled to that opinion. If you think it's common sense to do so, that's your prerogative.

I appreciate Bohemian posting the article and it was an interesting read but there are quite a few things that IMO would have to be discounted in relation to our Australian culture and environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jensy