Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
No implication that I consider BS to be innocent at all, I was merely saying that he might be considered collateral damage by some who are putting him up as the only suspect, they may not care. William and his families cannot be considered collateral damage, imo, as they are the ones who are the victims in this crime.
Can you also elaborate on saying the family were also intended victims ?

No implication that I consider BS to be innocent at all, I was merely saying that he might be considered collateral damage by some who are putting him up as the only suspect, they may not care. William and his families cannot be considered collateral damage, imo, as they are the ones who are the victims in this crime.
I don’t think he is the only suspect , neither do the police and media in their mention of 5

My feeling is police would have tested and gone through every possible occurrence of an accident . It will always be a question that William met with an accident until CI is over but I think their conclusion to human intervention comes with all other scenarios being ruled out IMO
I agree, bl. Human intervention in some way, shape or form. No accident involved here. IMO.

It’s interesting reading through old articles, this one is from Sept 2017. It seems police were still looking at everything even though the focus was on high- priority POIs. Of course much could have changed since then.

Detective Chief Inspector Gary Jubelin said that the police taskforce investigating William’s disappearance was “keeping an open mind” to all possibilities, but the focus is still primarily on high-priority persons of interest.

“I keep an open mind to it. I hear stories from overseas, of situations where children have disappeared for decades then turned up in circumstances.

“I also hear stories of situations where instances have occurred by accident that have been covered up and then revealed. So, we are keeping an open mind to it, and our focus is not just sex offenders.”

$1 million reward still stands for information about William Tyrrell's disappearance

What an unusual thing to speculate about, Goosewhisperer. imo
A primary POI being collateral damage.
Are Jones, Bickford, and Nichols collateral damage, too?
Had I realised my post was going to have to be explained, I might have taken more time over it. I think in any crime there are people who might be considered collateral damage, merely because they are examined closely by media etc because they were implicated, neighbours, friends, post persons, delivery drivers etc.
others might feel it doesn't matter, that BS was collateral damage, human nature being what it is.

Had I realised my post was going to have to be explained, I might have taken more time over it. I think in any crime there are people who might be considered collateral damage, merely because they are examined closely by media etc because they were implicated, neighbours, friends, post persons, delivery drivers etc.
others might feel it doesn't matter, that BS was collateral damage, human nature being what it is.

Okay .. not a problem. I guess because you didn't say that collateral damage can be extensive and far reaching in a case like this, I thought you were only concerned for Spedding .. and not the 3 other named POIs too.

PS Explaining a post is a common thing. We all need to do it from time to time. imo
wink2-smiley.gif

Are you sure about this and how up to date is your information? And is it locality specific?

I did a bit of reading about this, when louisepiglet made that comment.

It seems that some ATM cameras operate when the ATM is being used, due to limited camera memory storage.

Other cameras used for general surveillance operate 24/7 ... at least in some/many/all banks. The reason for this is the cameras are not only used to capture criminal activities, but are also used as a deterent to crime.

BBM
Importance of CCTV Cameras in Banks
The benefits of bank security cameras include but are not limited to the following aspects.
  • Deter bank crimes. Bank surveillance cameras can help you spot any suspicious activities inside and outside the banks, so that effective measures can be taken to prevent crimes from occurring.
  • Help crime investigation. In the unfortunate case of bank robberies, ATM frauds or check fraud, the footage recorded by bank cameras and ATM cameras will help you collect data and identify criminals.
  • Do continuous monitoring. Bank security systems protect your banks even beyond the typical working hours and this is especially useful for the ATMs, which can be accessed by consumers anytime within a day.
  • Earn customer trust. The presence of bank security cameras can effectively boost the customers’ sense of security, and help build a professional image of your banks.
Bank Security Cameras: What Tops the Must-Know List - Reolink Blog

All the cameras are in operation 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Certain sensitive external areas that are not accessible to the public are covered by cameras fitted with infrared beams for night surveillance.
European Investment Bank Group Video-surveillance policy
http://www.eib.org/attachments/general/video_surveillance_policy_en.pdf

Jubes wondered that, too, at one point.
Then somehow they ended up with 5 suspects.
Perhaps his retelling of the below story was an attempt to get someone to come in and confess ... give them an 'out', so to speak.

And then, he says, on his third visit, he remembered something. Years ago, he was driving one night to the house where his kids were living — like many homicide detectives, he’s been through a divorce. “The neighbour had twins, who were toddlers, and one of them was on the road,” he says. “I nearly ran over the child. I jumped out and picked up the kid and was carrying him in when the neighbours ran out and said, ‘Thank God’.”

It got him thinking. What if William’s case was not a planned abduction? “You’ve got to have two worlds collide — the situation where a three-year-old is momentarily unsupervised, and comes in contact with someone who is motivated to abduct that child … it doesn’t necessarily have to be this monster dressed in black who runs up, grabs the child and speeds off.” What if the person who abducted William had a reason to be in the street that day and had no malicious intent when he turned up Benaroon Drive?

Australian Crime News
The Australian - 18 April 2015

With most properties it would be no problem to walk to the front door and deliver the child BUT if William was down at the corner not too many people, including me, would not be able to carry a child up that steep incline so I’d have to put the child into my car and drive him up. Maybe this where a good Samaritan could have an instant evil thought and keep driving away.
It’s one hellova steep hill up to the house.
JMO.

I’m surprised to think bank’s cameras come on only when the alarm is set off. I imaged they worked 24/7 due to their ATM’s and general security.
I suspect you’re right tgy. Especially in the modern age. Our private cameras are on 24/7. It would seem illogical that banks were otherwise, particularly in the high rate of crime these days. IMO.

And who are those others, that you’re referring to, as a matter of interest? Tia.

I think if you take a child (and we don't now that WT was a specific target) then it stands to reason his family are also targets, by default.
What leads you to suggest that? An academic paper or research? Police findings? I’d honestly be most interested for my own edification.

B1B79CAD-27F1-4688-B92F-61CC99796498.jpeg B050F178-D1F1-4210-BF6A-F5BAC4D18EEF.jpeg
I suspect you’re right tgy. Especially in the modern age. Our private cameras are on 24/7. It would seem illogical that banks were otherwise, particularly in the high rate of crime these days. IMO.

I realise Melbourne and Laurieton is chalk and cheese but if it weren’t for CCTV cameras Jill Meagher’s walk home would never have been documented. These photos of Jill captured snippets of the road so any passing vehicles would be seen as well.
Say a Tab, a bank or a general store might have captured a passing white van where the owner said he wasn’t.

The question can also be directed at those who are sure BS is guilty. If he is found to be innocent will you agree or think he got away with it.

Hi Louise, whilst I acknowledge your (and every ) question as worthy of asking, I personally don't see anyone here as 'absolutely sure' that BS, or anyone else, is Guilty of anything we're discussing. ..( If anyone had evidence to be 'sure' I'd suggest that would've been presented to Jube's team ASAP)

Hence all the different perspectives, all the questions, the tossing stuff back & forth, all the confusion etc. ...

We have an inquest looming, which IMO, is now due & timely ( even tho it brings with it a feeling of doom ).
I pray for a wholesome & detailed enquiry, with a positive outcome.
I trust in our a Police & our Justice System ( at this level) and will honour the judgements determined.

The question can also be directed at those who are sure BS is guilty. If he is found to be innocent will you agree or think he got away with it.
I find that pretty offensive, actually. Just because we discuss Spedding doesn’t mean we think he’s guilty, as has been pointed out MANY times. He’s a POI. End of story. Discussion enabled.

On the other hand, if he’s found guilty, are you willing to accept that verdict? Swings both ways. IMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members