Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely though, kids aren't scarce. Say you were disposed to abduct a young child, and by chance you heard about a couple of them coming to visit in your very own town. Why would you see that as an opportunity, more so than all the other kids already around? There would have to be something about the location--that you had a pretext to maybe or maybe not be in the street, and an ideal vehicle and so on--or something about that family, like you'd seen the child before and decided he was the one and only. For the thing to be worth a plan with a specific target, it has to be more than a malicious person hearing that random children were coming to visit vaguely nearby.

No children aren't scarce but fostered children are not that evident. Who knew the children arriving in Kendall were fostered children?

Is there any info that she told him the actual date the family were expected ie 12 September?
In one of the TV programs FFC said they weren't sure whether FGM told BS they were coming. She accepted at the inquest that FGM probably misinformed her about when BS first attended to the washing machine. Because FGM forgets things. I don't think reliable detailed information about what FGM told BS is obtainable from the FC side.

Craddock has said William was not taken because he was a foster child
I think that means, that he was taken because he met an abductor and it's not the fault of the foster system or the foster carers. But it doesn't mean that his foster status couldn't have been a factor in the abductor selecting William, of all children.

I think that means, that he was taken because he met an abductor and it's not the fault of the foster system or the foster carers. But it doesn't mean that his foster status couldn't have been a factor in the abductor selecting William, of all children.
I take it as his status as a foster child not in any way related .

Is there any info that she told him the actual date the family were expected ie 12 September?

Nothing that I recall that specifically says BS was told the 12th. Just she was expecting a visit and needed her washer fixed.

However, it has been said that the ffc phoned BS at 9:03 on the 12th and left a message. BS called back some time that day and said he could come and do the repair.

Did BS speak to the grandmother when he phoned back that day ? Or did he leave a message?

According to a relative, the first time Mr Spedding had mentioned the baffling case was when he saw William’s grandmother’s home on television news reports and said “hey, I think I’ve been there”.

He was called back to Kendall to complete the repair in the week after William disappeared.

He told relatives he never planned, nor was booked, to be in Kendall on the day William vanished without trace.He said he was “relieved” when he could not reach William’s grandmother by phone because he didn’t want to perform the repair over the weekend and wanted to take his children to their football game.

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

Can anyone recall when they actually showed the house in media coverage on the news identifying from what house William disappeared?

Can anyone recall when they actually showed the house in media coverage on the news identifying from what house William disappeared?

I can't provide a link, but I remember watching the lady give a statement outside of the house around the day or day after the disappearance. I also saw the house pictured on shorts in the news that day. I remember thinking it was a well to do home and wondering if money/ransom may have been involved.
It was certainly within a couple of days.

Nothing that I recall that specifically says BS was told the 12th. Just she was expecting a visit and needed her washer fixed.

However, it has been said that the ffc phoned BS at 9:03 on the 12th and left a message. BS called back some time that day and said he could come and do the repair.

Did BS speak to the grandmother when he phoned back that day ? Or did he leave a message?

According to a relative, the first time Mr Spedding had mentioned the baffling case was when he saw William’s grandmother’s home on television news reports and said “hey, I think I’ve been there”.

He was called back to Kendall to complete the repair in the week after William disappeared.

He told relatives he never planned, nor was booked, to be in Kendall on the day William vanished without trace.He said he was “relieved” when he could not reach William’s grandmother by phone because he didn’t want to perform the repair over the weekend and wanted to take his children to their football game.

BBM. He spoke to somebody. Remember he was told something like, "Oh, you can't come now . . . we'll get back to you when you can."

I take it the being relieved refers to the early part of the day. But why couldn't he contact FGM/FFC? Wouldn't they have been watching out for a call, even while sitting outside?

I can't provide a link, but I remember watching the lady give a statement outside of the house around the day or day after the disappearance. I also saw the house pictured on shorts in the news that day. I remember thinking it was a well to do home and wondering if money/ransom may have been involved.
It was certainly within a couple of days.

The first pic I can find of the house in thread one is in this article updated at 8:03 am on the 14th.
Search continues for 3yo boy in Spider-Man costume

But I do recall early on there being a shot of people on the balcony (probably from a chopper) imo

The friend Nicole was not out the front of the house on either occasion she spoke to the media ...imo

Friend Nicole speaks to the media on behalf of missing three-year-old William Tyrell's family, as the search for the boy extends into its fifth day.

Surely though, kids aren't scarce. Say you were disposed to abduct a young child, and by chance you heard about a couple of them coming to visit in your very own town. Why would you see that as an opportunity, more so than all the other kids already around? There would have to be something about the location--that you had a pretext to maybe or maybe not be in the street, and an ideal vehicle and so on--or something about that family, like you'd seen the child before and decided he was the one and only. For the thing to be worth a plan with a specific target, it has to be more than a malicious person hearing that random children were coming to visit vaguely nearby.

True.

BBM. He spoke to somebody. Remember he was told something like, "Oh, you can't come now . . . we'll get back to you when you can."

I take it the being relieved refers to the early part of the day. But why couldn't he contact FGM/FFC? Wouldn't they have been watching out for a call, even while sitting outside?

Bought over from thread 39 post 1311

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris 35s36 seconds ago
He asks if she recalls a message from Bill Spedding that afternoon after William vanished saying “that he had the parts and was able to attend that afternoon”. She says she recalls her mother relaying it to her at some point. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

I guess I am still wondering if BS left a voice message and that is what was relayed to ffc. Or whether he did indeed speak to fgm.
It was a relative of BS that said he spoke to someone wasn't it?

Last edited:
Bought over from thread 39 post 1311

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris 35s36 seconds ago
He asks if she recalls a message from Bill Spedding that afternoon after William vanished saying “that he had the parts and was able to attend that afternoon”. She says she recalls her mother relaying it to her at some point. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

I guess I am still wondering if BS left a voice message and that is what was relayed to ffc. Or whether he did indeed speak to fgm.
It was a relative of BS that said he spoke to someone wasn't it?
You may be right. Why? If he rang, he had to take the risk that he'd be speaking to someone. I wonder what time he intended to make available--before or after the Dunbogan job, or was Dunbogan flexible?

Edit: OK, if it was a message, perhaps he was willing to offer the afternoon knowing he wouldn't have to follow through, and he would have said something different in a conversation.

Last edited:
If I was intent on abducting a child, I think I’d just stop at a playground or wait for a child on their own in a reasonably quiet plce.
If it was only William I was after, I cant imagine lurking around fgm house for days on end, on the off chance that he would run around the house by himself. Sure it did happen but it could have been an exercise in futility.
I cant get past it being a random unplanned kidnap, and can see the perp thinking a few minutes later what the heck have I done.

If I was intent on abducting a child, I think I’d just stop at a playground or wait for a child on their own in a reasonably quiet plce.
If it was only William I was after, I cant imagine lurking around fgm house for days on end, on the off chance that he would run around the house by himself. Sure it did happen but it could have been an exercise in futility.
I cant get past it being a random unplanned kidnap, and can see the perp thinking a few minutes later what the heck have I done.
It could be that William and his abductor were randomly and tragically at the same place at the same time — evil meeting innocence as Jubes said. Not unlike the circumstances of Daniel Morcombe’s opportunistic abduction.

Last edited:

Yes, it boggles the mind to wonder the "Why?" doesn't it?
I somehow feel as though he was targeted though, but that's just my take on it. Why on earth HIM, when I'm sure plenty of local children, probably quite young, were given freedom to roam around by their parents, due to it being a carefree, quiet place? The reports that both parents have been cleared...but that it does not state extended family and friends gives me alarm. But doesn't appear as though the Police think this is an avenue to investigate as no one in the families have been mentioned or sought out by MSM in any expose or article really. (BGM seems to have thrust herself in the limelight, not the media chasing her)

In the last pic of William, he had no shoes on. Did he perhaps wander of a little and stop dead in his tracks due to bindis/thistles and a "kind stranger" saw this and offered to help carry him back..but instead, carried him to the car or house??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam