Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
The process by which Mr Spedding became a “person of interest” is detailed in Episode Four of Nowhere Child, a new podcast series by The Australian, to be released at 3pm today.

Mr Spedding attended the Tyrrell house on 9 September 2014, two days before William and his foster family arrived.

He was asked to fix a broken washing machine but did not have the right part.

William’s foster mum called him from the house phone on the morning of the 12th to ask when he might back, since the washing was piling up.

William went missing about 90 minutes later

NoCookies | The Australian

The process by which Mr Spedding became a “person of interest” is detailed in Episode Four of Nowhere Child, a new podcast series by The Australian, to be released at 3pm today.

Mr Spedding attended the Tyrrell house on 9 September 2014, two days before William and his foster family arrived.

He was asked to fix a broken washing machine but did not have the right part.

William’s foster mum called him from the house phone on the morning of the 12th to ask when he might back, since the washing was piling up.

William went missing about 90 minutes later

NoCookies | The Australian

An interesting episode of the podcast. (Link: Nowhere Child )

I notice that it is said that FM underwent a 'long and difficult process' to extract her recall of the driver/car that turned in the neighbour's driveway and headed back down the street. Perhaps she did undergo hypnotic recall.

It is also interesting to hear the memory expert speak of FM's delayed recall of the cars. Called 'reminiscing' and something that happens when the mind quietens a little from the immediate trauma.

Last edited:
An interesting episode of the podcast. (Link: Nowhere Child )

I notice that it is said that FM underwent a 'long and difficult process' to extract her recall of the driver/car that turned in the neighbour's driveway and headed back down the street. Perhaps she did undergo hypnotic recall.

It is also interesting to hear the memory expert speak of FM's delayed recall of the cars. Called 'reminiscing' and something that happens when the mind quietens a little from the immediate trauma.

I totally understand, my neighbour opposite asked if I’d seen anyone at her house as she had been burgled and said I hadn’t seen anything but about 24 hours later, like a lightbulb moment I remembered glancing a vehicle as I was driving out. Surprisingly I remembered the colour and make of the vehicle.

Ahhh yes it's all coming back. :mad:
Comical lot to say the least.

George Gardoll hasn't been able to sleep this past week knowing a dead dog is lying on top of his parents.

The unusual situation arose when Mr Gardoll was informed that his brother-in-law Tony Jones had buried a dog in his parents' grave at Wellington cemetery.

Mr Gardoll's sister Debbie Jones admitted to the Daily Liberal that her husband had buried the dog in the grave but insisted she was within her rights.

"I'm the executor of the will," she said.

"I paid for the funeral and the burial plot.

"As far as I'm concerned it's my land and I have the right to bury the dog there."
Son won't let 'sleeping' dog lie
"We've been thinking of moving from Wellington and I wanted a safe place for Kia so that I could visit her whenever I returned," Mrs Jones said.:rolleyes:
Now that is very very weird

IMO - Maybe the cars were not even there!

The description of one car was the same as TJ’s so it could have been a ploy to see if any neighbours also saw or knew the vehicles. TJ’s white station wagon was taken and tested.
Similar to the Ristevski case where the cops asked for any cars like Karen’s Merc to come forward if they were in the same area at the time, none were so that made Karen’s vehicle the one and only one there at the time. I guess a process of elimination.
One of our astute WSers saw similar vehicles on google maps parked in close-by driveways.

IMO - Maybe the cars were not even there!

I live on a main road and the second a car even pulls up out front my place and parks with someone in it or my neighbour (as she lives on her own and I know her families cars) I am looking at the car. Sometimes people pull over here to use their phone etc but at night time if i see a car with someone sitting in it I will be honest, im looking out that window continuously to see what they are doing. It is expected here where I live on a main road but Benaroon Drive, particularly out of place and most likely residents would be far more suspicious of an unknown car hovering in the street (cars). I know if it was me in their position, being the person I am I probably would have left the kids with FG and walked down the street to a neighbours house preteding was going to visit the neighbour to grab a rego number or look further at the cars in the event of..... well you know.

The FM did mention from my memory that she thought it was odd when she looked it at the street and saw the cars there, so she did already think it was strange they were there.

BUT, We dont know FGM condition at the time, she may not have been well enough to take care both children on her own for 10 minutes whilst the FM went for a quick walk passed the cars to see what they were doing.

So unfortunately as nobody else saw the cars other than FM and I beleive williams sister? we assume that they were there and not reported until later due to tactical reasons by the police.

My rant above is more in the sense of why wouldnt have FM gone to have a look what they were up to if she felt it was odd that they were there for some time as I know I would have attempted to look it more (if i didnt feel I was in danger) but if i felt I was in danger it more likely would have given me more reason to either call police or any neighbours FGM may have had numbers for to help investigate it more.

Again I am suspicious in nature, which is why I would have attempted to investigate the cars more if I saw them but FM may not have been that way inclined nor been able to leave the kids with the FGM for 10 min or she didnt feel safe going down to check it out.

The other thing we do not know is that police may even have POI (s) with same model of cars that will be questioned at inquest and we just have not been privy to that information as yet. Im not speculating here I am just saying that we dont know if the police have found anything on these cars seen in Benaroon on the day and have chosen not to release that information for tactical reasons.

The description of one car was the same as TJ’s so it could have been a ploy to see if any neighbours also saw or knew the vehicles. TJ’s white station wagon was taken and tested.
Similar to the Ristevski case where the cops asked for any cars like Karen’s Merc to come forward if they were in the same area at the time, none were so that made Karen’s vehicle the one and only one there at the time. I guess a process of elimination.
One of our astute WSers saw similar vehicles on google maps parked in close-by driveways.

How similar are we talking on these vehicles? colours and models of car?

I live on a main road and the second a car even pulls up out front my place and parks with someone in it or my neighbour (as she lives on her own and I know her families cars) I am looking at the car. Sometimes people pull over here to use their phone etc but at night time if i see a car with someone sitting in it I will be honest, im looking out that window continuously to see what they are doing. It is expected here where I live on a main road but Benaroon Drive, particularly out of place and most likely residents would be far more suspicious of an unknown car hovering in the street (cars). I know if it was me in their position, being the person I am I probably would have left the kids with FG and walked down the street to a neighbours house preteding was going to visit the neighbour to grab a rego number or look further at the cars in the event of..... well you know.

The FM did mention from my memory that she thought it was odd when she looked it at the street and saw the cars there, so she did already think it was strange they were there.

BUT, We dont know FGM condition at the time, she may not have been well enough to take care both children on her own for 10 minutes whilst the FM went for a quick walk passed the cars to see what they were doing.

So unfortunately as nobody else saw the cars other than FM and I beleive williams sister? we assume that they were there and not reported until later due to tactical reasons by the police.

My rant above is more in the sense of why wouldnt have FM gone to have a look what they were up to if she felt it was odd that they were there for some time as I know I would have attempted to look it more (if i didnt feel I was in danger) but if i felt I was in danger it more likely would have given me more reason to either call police or any neighbours FGM may have had numbers for to help investigate it more.

Again I am suspicious in nature, which is why I would have attempted to investigate the cars more if I saw them but FM may not have been that way inclined nor been able to leave the kids with the FGM for 10 min or she didnt feel safe going down to check it out.

The other thing we do not know is that police may even have POI (s) with same model of cars that will be questioned at inquest and we just have not been privy to that information as yet. Im not speculating here I am just saying that we dont know if the police have found anything on these cars seen in Benaroon on the day and have chosen not to release that information for tactical reasons.

Yes, FM thought it was unusual ... but not being a resident of that street, I don't believe she would have had a reason for being concerned at the time. She did not live there - had barely arrived for their visit - was not privy to neighbourhood happenings.
For all she knew, a neighbour may have just had their driveway paved or re-surfaced and couldn't park in it for a while.
It was only during her mind's 'reminiscing' on the way to Port Macquarie airport that she thought about it more. Thought that maybe there was some suspicion to be had with the cars.

Yes, FM thought it was unusual ... but not being a resident of that street, I don't believe she would have had a reason for being concerned at the time. She did not live there - had barely arrived for their visit - was not privy to neighbourhood happenings.
For all she knew, a neighbour may have just had their driveway paved or re-surfaced and couldn't park in it for a while.
It was only during her mind's 'reminiscing' on the way to Port Macquarie airport that she thought about it more. Thought that maybe there was some suspicion to be had with the cars.
And IIRC the expert on memory in CO’s latest podcast also didn’t think it was weird that FM didn’t take down the registration numbers of the strangely parked cars. It’s something I might think about briefly when there are strange cars parked in my street that has resident-only parking but not actually do.

Last edited:
And IIRC the expert on memory in CO’s latest podcast also didn’t think it was weird that FM didn’t take down the registration numbers of the strangely parked cars. It’s something I might think about briefly when there are strange cars parked in my street that has resident-only parking but not actually do.

Yes, the only time I ever took down a car's rego (and reported it) was when a car was parked in front of my house for 5 consecutive days, seemingly untouched. Turns out it was a stolen car that police were looking for, and someone had dumped on my street - I lived near a popular entertainment area at the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member