Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
at the inquest the friend said he THINKS it was that day not that he DID

J: You're not sure if you were sitting inside or outside?
M: No I can't, no
J: And why's that?
M: Well because we have a lot of assemblies. We have two children here at this school, and they both have assemblies, and they both get rewards
J: Right

NoCookies | The Australian

BS doesn't even need an alibi, he has never been arrested or charged in WT's disappearance.
They did all their forensic testing on him way back, so there is that too.

Off topic:
Just about every town around Kendall and on the mid north coast are facing unprecented fires, warnings and evacuations. Lives have been lost and many injured. My thoughts are with them all and alot of family xx

Off topic:
Just about every town around Kendall and on the mid north coast are facing unprecented fires, warnings and evacuations. Lives have been lost and many injured. My thoughts are with them all and alot of family xx

Absolutely horrific what's happening to the mid north coast & other areas & it's only going to get worse with catastrophic warnings for tues :(:(

Off topic:

So horrific for the people, and the wildlife (which cannot evacuate).

And - pertaining to this case - potentially catastrophic in ever finding William, if he is laying out there in the forest somewhere.

Oh if I was him I’d like to have an alibi. Old Col seemed to think it was important that BS had an alibi. IMO
I think after BS was hauled in to the PD, which by the way he was under no obligation to talk to police unless he was under arrest, which he wasn't & he was trying to prove he had nothing to do with it. He was dropped at Col's place by police after a 6 hour interrogation by them.
So Col asked him if he had proof of having been at the cafe, and he remembered about using his card to pay there. When he called the next day to tell police about his receipt he was told that he was full of b******t and a liar, and they didn't follow up on that alibi and until then BS had co operated with them, but after that he said that was it, and he wouldn't speak to them again.
He was just trying to prove himself, but it wasn't even necessary. As i said he didn't need to prove himself, because it was up to police to investigate and not Spedding, because the police were the ones making allegations against Spedding. BS didn't have a case to answer.
If he had been arrested & charged in W's case, he would then need a lawyer to build a case in his defence, and that is when he could of used an alibi in his defence.

I think after BS was hauled in to the PD, which by the way he was under no obligation to talk to police unless he was under arrest, which he wasn't & he was trying to prove he had nothing to do with it. He was dropped at Col's place by police after a 6 hour interrogation by them.
So Col asked him if he had proof of having been at the cafe, and he remembered about using his card to pay there. When he called the next day to tell police about his receipt he was told that he was full of b******t and a liar, and they didn't follow up on that alibi and until then BS had co operated with them, but after that he said that was it, and he wouldn't speak to them again.
He was just trying to prove himself, but it wasn't even necessary. As i said he didn't need to prove himself, because it was up to police to investigate and not Spedding, because the police were the ones making allegations against Spedding. BS didn't have a case to answer.
If he had been arrested & charged in W's case, he would then need a lawyer to build a case in his defence, and that is when he could of used an alibi in his defence.
Do you have a link for that information, please?

And this
(quote)
When exercising police powers, an officer must comply with the basic safeguards outlined here.
  • You cannot be arrested for questioning .
  • You are not required to accompany police to a police station for questioning unless you have been arrested for an offence.
Police often do not have enough evidence against you to prove the offence when they question you. You may say something that may help the police prove the case against you.

And this
(quote)
When exercising police powers, an officer must comply with the basic safeguards outlined here.
  • You cannot be arrested for questioning .
  • You are not required to accompany police to a police station for questioning unless you have been arrested for an offence.
Police often do not have enough evidence against you to prove the offence when they question you. You may say something that may help the police prove the case against you.

And this is relevant how? Reply to which post? TIA.

And this is relevant how? Reply to which post? TIA.
Just in regard to what i said earlier about BS interrogation by police for 6 hours of which he had no obligation to accompany police to the PD for questioning as he was not under arrest for WT's disappearance.
It's the same for any other citizen who is not under arrest as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname