Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi it's nice to have a place to discuss the 4 Corners report. There are Facebook chats happening but they tend to be people being very judgmental which doesn't help any.

But decent reporting should always present a call at the end I'm not sure what the word may be - but a 'call to 'help' William - might be appropriate

Just on this point. Where is that message on this forum?

I have't read the 100s of pages. But it seems this thread has rolled over 49 times? That's a lot of exposure. It's a semi-famous site.

Maybe the introduction message on the forum could mention the Crimestoppers number?????

The 4 Corners show did end with an image of William and the last thing Bill Spedding said was how his own circumstances did not compare to WT and family. The show was about Bill Spedding so I thought it was fair.

I found this article interesting about Malicious Prosecution.

In the area of police misconduct I am asked about the advisability of suing for malicious prosecution more than any other tort, usually at the request of a still angry person who has been found not guilty by a judge or jury of a criminal charge or charges. For reasons which I hope will become clear later in this article, my advice is usually guarded. History and experience have shown that choosing such a course involves a high risk of failure.

Hore-Lacy, Dyson --- "Malicious Prosecution To Sue Or Not To Sue?" [2015] PrecedentAULA 57; (2015) 130 Precedent 10

It really is interesting ...... especially the malice aspect.

Hi it's nice to have a place to discuss the 4 Corners report. There are Facebook chats happening but they tend to be people being very judgmental which doesn't help any.

Just on this point. Where is that message on this forum?

I have't read the 100s of pages. But it seems this thread has rolled over 49 times? That's a lot of exposure. It's a semi-famous site.

Maybe the introduction message on the forum could mention the Crimestoppers number?????

The 4 Corners show did end with an image of William and the last thing Bill Spedding said was how his own circumstances did not compare to WT and family. The show was about Bill Spedding so I thought it was fair.

BBM: I'm sure if you search you'll find it.

We've been here 5yrs so I understand a lot of info to read, this forum is for William :)

BBM: I'm sure if you search you'll find it.

My point was the official opening message for each of the 49 threads can contain that information.

Charity can begin at home. 4Corners can be criticised but the WebSleuths exposure can be put to good use; the official opening message should be updated with the CrimeStoppers number. Be the change you seek!

It should be updated with good information generally. At the moment it has Jubelin saying the case is long way from going to a coronial inquest.

My point was the official opening message for each of the 49 threads can contain that information.

Charity can begin at home. 4Corners can be criticised but the WebSleuths exposure can be put to good use; the official opening message should be updated with the CrimeStoppers number. Be the change you seek!

It should be updated with good information generally. At the moment it has Jubelin saying the case is long way from going to a coronial inquest.

Probably best to take that up with one of the forum moderators.

That can be done by clicking on the avatar of one of the first four posts at the start of the thread, and then using the 'Start a Conversation' feature seen there. The moderator of the fourth post at the beginning of the thread seems to be the one who moderates this forum the most.

OK this is the message I have sent sillybilly.

--------------------

Hi sillybilly

Can the opening information on the William Tyrrell case be updated to include updated information. Something like this?
652af146723fe4f6ebffa5ebfac5f1cd157e8ef6.jpg

(image caption: Age progression of what William may have looked like at age six)

And lawyers as well,imagine if no one wanted to be a cop in fear one little mistake cost you your job..just imagine having to deal with scum everyday..like the other *advertiser censored* in the police interview who said nothing..frustrating as hell..they deserve better except for the obvious cops who turn..hats of to them
And they develop and tweak their procedures as time goes by and they observe any weaknesses in past and present operations. It is all a constant learning curve as perps get wiser and wiser in an effort to outsmart the police. imo[/QUOTE]

I had no intention of cop bashing, nor do I believe any corruption was involved. I even said I believe that the failure of the police to do certain things very early on was because they were understaffed and overwhelmed. I don't have to have been there to know that. I just don't want them to defend their actions to the point that they don't make any effort to do better next time. I'm sorry to rudely care about future people who find themselves in the same situation.

If the cops are so perfect at doing their jobs, why would websleuths even exist? I apologise for criticising the awesome job the almighty police have done to date, and please forgive me for being upset that William hasn't been found after all this time.

I had no intention of cop bashing, nor do I believe any corruption was involved. I even said I believe that the failure of the police to do certain things very early on was because they were understaffed and overwhelmed. I don't have to have been there to know that. I just don't want them to defend their actions to the point that they don't make any effort to do better next time. I'm sorry to rudely care about future people who find themselves in the same situation.

Understandable angle! With one of the LE turning to a career in being a media celebrity I assume this current case is out of bounds for him to discuss and generate an audience on. I'd be disappointed if it wasn't out of bounds; because it could really skew things and maybe undermine the current LE trying to do their job.

Understandable angle! With one of the LE turning to a career in being a media celebrity I assume this current case is out of bounds for him to discuss and generate an audience on. I'd be disappointed if it wasn't out of bounds; because it could really skew things and maybe undermine the current LE trying to do their job.
Oh I’m sure there’ll be a paper trail left behind. IMO.

That evidence belongs to LE and WT's case.

It'd be hugely inappropriate for him to use to boost his media career.

That evidence belongs to LE and WT's case.

It'd be hugely inappropriate for him to use to boost his media career.

I don't believe there is any chance of Jubes compromising the investigation. He would not speak of details in the Four Corners report ... even though Sean Nicholls asked him elaborate on Ronald Chapman's sighting. And his court case looks like it is going to be appropriately in closed court.

However, if this case becomes a cold case - which, to me, there is a big chance of happening if the inquest does not bring forth any results - I believe Jubes will likely be able to speak of it at that point. Not from the viewpoint of an investigating police officer, but from the viewpoint of an investigative journo .... one who then can express his personal opinions and uncover any further evidence. With the assistance of media legals who can keep him on a correct legal track.

Not from the viewpoint of an investigating police officer, but from the viewpoint of an investigative journo .... one who then can express his personal opinions and uncover any further evidence. With the assistance of media legals who can keep him on a correct legal track.

That'd be very tenuous given the government and LE are doubling down on secrecy and threatening journalists. Culling Freedom on Information; etc.

He was an enforcer to the secrecy around this case; I'd be disappointed if he chose to use his privilege to information for his own notoriety at any stage. I'm guessing it'd be a hot topic if he did that, and probably lose some fans.

Press freedom in Australia is not constitutionally guaranteed, but the High Court has ruled that language in the constitution implies a right to freedom of expression, and the government generally respects this principle.
Australia.

There is no specific public interest defence to defamation actions in Australia, although there is a defence known as qualified privilege relating to publications of public interest where a publisher acted reasonably.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/how-free-is-the-press-in-australia-20190612-p51wvi.html

“Police independence and freedom of the press are both fundamental pillars that coexist in our democracy,” Mr Kershaw (AFP Commissioner) told the committee. “I strongly believe in these two pillars, and this is the approach I intend to take.”
Australian newspapers go dark for press freedom

Goodluck with that!

I will still be disappointed if he sold out after enforcing secrecy for so long.

11621810-3x2-700x467.jpg

That's what we are discussing?

Things that were necessary to keep secret for WT then - they don't need a public reveal for disingenuous reasons later.

LE should not to be undermined.

That's what we are discussing?

Things that were necessary to keep secret for WT then - they don't need a public reveal for disingenuous reasons later.

LE should not to be undermined.

Thank goodness for The Teachers Pet podcasts. Now there is an alleged murderer going to trial for the murder of his wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01