Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they contact him when the child went missing ?

or did he just come back ?

He arrived home as they (FM etc) were searching, prior to the 000 call and Police arriving. IIRC
He sent her a message at 10:30 that he was nearly home but she didn't notice it then because she was in the first flush of searching.

A small detail that may be worth noting is that William’s foster mum & gran were outside on the deck drinking tea, watching him play at the time of his disappearance. He was jumping off the deck, roaring and running around the side of the house and it was noticed after a short time that William had been quiet and had not returned back around to the deck were the adults were sitting. It was misreported in the media that William’s foster mum was inside the house making tea when William disappeared.

ADMIN REMINDER:

This post lands at random.

ADMIN WARNING:

It has been reinforced numerous times that William's bio parents and foster parents have been cleared by LE. They are therefore classified as victims and innocent people at Websleuths. They are not open for sleuthing or direct or indirect accusations/insinuations against them.

As WS is victim friendly and does not allow sleuthing of innocent people, members who continue to disregard this rule and ignore Mod/Admin warnings are subject to temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

excerpt from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

It has been posted numerous times by Tricia, Admin and Mods that the foster family is off limits for discussion/speculation. Posts speculating in that regard, and all responses, have been removed.

Further attempts to introduce speculation about the foster family will result in a thread reply ban.

Unless LE in Australia has specifically rescinded the above information, Websleuths Victim Friendly policy continues to apply to both the bio and foster families in this case.

As always, members are allowed to sleuth and discuss behind the scenes and discuss in private conversations. Just don't bring private discussion information to the public thread. In private conversations, you may add up to 20 other members to the discussion.

Any question regarding the above, please private message a Mod or Admin and we will clarify.

Thanks.

There is an article here by the DT, speaking of all the people who have gone missing in Northern NSW.

They have more than 300 sets of unidentified remains, and are seeking families of missing persons to provide them with DNA samples in the hopes that they can identify the remains they have.

They are going to put some pop up DNA collection centres in Coffs Harbour (Feb 8 & 9) and Port Macquarie (Feb 11 & 12).
The police liken the northern area to the Bermuda Triangle due to the high amount of people there who go missing.

They classify the northern region as stretching from Newcastle to the Queensland border, and they have 192 missing persons cases in that zone - people who haven't been seen for more than 3 months. That includes little William (he is mentioned).
That is 50% more than any other NSW area, and the police can't explain why.

The article then goes on to speak about a couple of cases:
Rose Howell, 18, who went missing between Bellingen and Bundagen.
Rodney Bradridge, 23, who went missing from Mullumbimby.
Their families are still wondering what has happened to their loved one.

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph
NSW police call for DNA samples in bid to solve missing person cases
January 31, 2021

Last edited:
There is an article here by the DT, speaking of all the people who have gone missing in Northern NSW.

They have more than 300 sets of unidentified remains, and are seeking families of missing persons to provide them with DNA samples in the hopes that they can identify the remains they have.

They are going to put some pop up DNA collection centres in Coffs Harbour (Feb 8 & 9) and Port Macquarie (Feb 11 & 12).
The police liken the northern area to the Bermuda Triangle due to the high amount of people there who go missing.

They classify the northern region as stretching from Newcastle to the Queensland border, and they have 192 missing persons cases in that zone - people who haven't been seen for more than 3 months. That includes little William (he is mentioned).

January 31, 2021
Let’s hope William’s bio family volunteer.

Let’s hope William’s bio family volunteer.
William's DNA profile is already held by the Missing Persons database "which performs a continuous, looping search of all available records", so if a child's remains are ever found I think it's already possible for police to know whether they're likely to be William's. (post 524 in thread 56 has a link for the quote)

If somebody else in William's bio family ever goes missing, I think it's quite likely the police will ask their nearest and dearest for a DNA sample at the time, just as they presumably did in William's case.

William's DNA profile is already held by the Missing Persons database "which performs a continuous, looping search of all available records", so if a child's remains are ever found I think it's already possible for police to know whether they're likely to be William's. (post 524 in thread 56 has a link for the quote)

If somebody else in William's bio family ever goes missing, I think it's quite likely the police will ask their nearest and dearest for a DNA sample at the time, just as they presumably did in William's case.
That's good to know.

January 31, 2021
'Our last chance': Pop-up DNA centre draws hundreds searching for missing relatives, 9 News, 08 Feb 2021
A world-first pop-up DNA collection centre has been inundated by the families of missing people wanting to volunteer their samples.

Does anybody know what time the first police siren arrived in Benaroon Drive after William went missing? I'd always assumed the first police car would have had its siren on when it arrived at 11:06 am. But there's a 2015 interview which quotes neighbour LH saying there was a knock at her door about 11:30 am - nearly half an hour after the first car - when LH's neighbour "Anne Maree" (AMS) and "William's mother" (FFC) came to LH's house while searching.

Listen at about 06:00: William Tyrrell: How the three-year-old vanished in a perfect storm of bad luck, YouTube
or see: Toddler William Tyrrell’s disappearance still haunts Kendall residents almost a year later, Daily Telegraph, 06 Sep 2015

I'm guessing that if any sirens had gone past before the knock on the door that LH would not have been in her house at 11:30, she would have been out in the street to see what was going on - which is what I imagine everybody else in the street would have done too. So, when did they hear the first siren?

Yes I agree, Madoodi. I'm concerned that he will become a cold case now that Jubes has gone.

We also have to keep his thread alive.

I am so worried for that too and truly hope he does not get forgotten.
It is just so perplexing that a little boy can go missing and absolutely no one heard or saw anything. It is just so unbelievably sad and maddening.

Does anybody know what time the first police siren arrived in Benaroon Drive after William went missing? I'd always assumed the first police car would have had its siren on when it arrived at 11:06 am. But there's a 2015 interview which quotes neighbour LH saying there was a knock at her door about 11:30 am - nearly half an hour after the first car - when LH's neighbour "Anne Maree" (AMS) and "William's mother" (FFC) came to LH's house while searching.

Listen at about 06:00: William Tyrrell: How the three-year-old vanished in a perfect storm of bad luck, YouTube
or see: Toddler William Tyrrell’s disappearance still haunts Kendall residents almost a year later, Daily Telegraph, 06 Sep 2015

I'm guessing that if any sirens had gone past before the knock on the door that LH would not have been in her house at 11:30, she would have been out in the street to see what was going on - which is what I imagine everybody else in the street would have done too. So, when did they hear the first siren?
I don't recall any sirens .... But did someone right back at the first tranche say they saw the flashing lights??? One of the neighbors????
I cant recall exactly, but for some reason that is sticking out in my head..... can anyone else remember that?

But the first officer on scene was in the area when he got the call, as deugirtni said above.... That part was on a Caroline Overington podcast..... Possibly the first one????

William Tyrrell Facebook page loses content after platform publishing ban

https://7news.com.au/news/william-t...ntent-after-facebook-publishing-ban-c-2189527

A Facebook page with more than 100,000 followers dedicated to finding missing toddler William Tyrrell has been swept up in the social media giant’s ban on news publishers.

Facebook addressed the growing list of casualties, saying it would reverse any pages that were “inadvertently impacted”.

“The actions we’re taking are focused on restricting publishers and people in Australia from sharing or viewing Australian and international news content.

“A the law does not provide clear guidance on the definition of news content we have taken a broad definition in order to respect the law as drafted.”

As to the bolded portion above, what the heck does that mean?>>>> restricting publishers and people in Australia from sharing or viewing Australian and international news content.

So Facebook does not want 'people in Australia to share or view news content?' Is this a new rule? I have seen zillions of pages of news content on FB over the years. Since when is that restricted?

I don't recall any sirens .... But did someone right back at the first tranche say they saw the flashing lights??? One of the neighbors????
I cant recall exactly, but for some reason that is sticking out in my head..... can anyone else remember that?

But the first officer on scene was in the area when he got the call, as deugirtni said above.... That part was on a Caroline Overington podcast..... Possibly the first one????
I can't remember anyone talking about flashing lights - if they did see them, it would be interesting to know what time that was too.

60 Minutes showed a re-enactment of the first officer's drive through Kendall and the vehicle has both lights and siren on (William Tyrrell investigation: Largest manhunt in Australian history, 60 Minutes Australia, from about 15:20), but maybe they were just being dramatic.

The next police officers or emergency vehicles into Benaroon Drive:
- Senior Constable Tanya S. in 'Wauchope 17', which Caroline Overington's book (ch.2, p.30) says "wasn't far behind";
- Inspector Mick A. about 11:30 am; (drsleuth, thread 52, post 1275)
- Senior Constable Tim W. about 12:30 pm; (drsleuth)
- SES Commander, Paul B. about "lunchtime". (drsleuth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288