Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) - #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the government want this solved, you ask? I do wish you well in your quest to find justice for William, but blaming the long wait for answers on a government conspiracy is not likely a productive or useful premise.

I raise that point about government, purely from a litigation point of view.
The State could be sued for millions and millions by the bio family down the track depending on outcomes in this case.

With reference to police officer Wendy Hudson, her mysterious phone call, and Mr Donoghue's evidence in case people had forgotten why Ms Hudson is very important piece to the jigsaw puzzle.

Have her phone records ever been examined? Why did it take the police so long to take Mr. Donoghue's evidence seriously?

With reference to police officer Wendy Hudson, her mysterious phone call, and Mr Donoghue's evidence in case people had forgotten why Ms Hudson is very important piece to the jigsaw puzzle.

Have her phone records ever been examined? Why did it take the police so long to take Mr. Donoghue's evidence seriously?

I've often wondered if the FG took a phone call while the FCG was gone that morning in which she mentioned, without alarm, he was missing and that information was relayed...

I think there's a lot about the timeline that's grey.

Jmo

I've often wondered if the FG took a phone call while the FCG was gone that morning in which she mentioned, without alarm, he was missing and that information was relayed...

I think there's a lot about the timeline that's grey.

Jmo

It's established that FFGM and Wendy Hudson knew each other given they were locals.

Why didn't the FFC say in her 000 call that she'd been down to Batar Creek Rd in her mum's car?
To tell the operator btw, I borrowed my mum's car and just drove 1km down the road to cover all bases looking for him, didn't find him. The smoking gun is; what time was that trip made to Batar Creek Rd?

If you're to believe the official version and timelines it's not possible to have driven there after 10:15 am/10:30 am, with the MFC returning at 10:35 am. Otherwise, she would've told detectives on Day 1 this is when I drove there. I've seen nowhere mentioned by MFC to indicate she uses her mum's car after he gets back at 10:35 am. Neighbor Sharpley has the interaction around 10:40 am.

So ask yourself when is that drive made?

Let's play devil's advocate for a second, (a theory). FFC borrows the car to dispose of the shoes. A phone call is made to Wendy Hudson for advice, my grandchild has gone missing what should we do? That causes Ms. Hudson to leave the courts as per Mr. Donoghue's account of events.
As far as I know, Wendy Hudson was never asked at the inquest about the phone call or why she left the courts early. This must be cleared up, perhaps it gets us closer or perhaps further away from what happened. Mr. Donoghue's evidence must be proven or dismissed in the timeline of events.

Mr. Craddock was so confident with his "proof of life was 9:37 am' yet he knew (ought to have known) the elephant in the room was in the documents about the photo metadata. Why didn't Mr. Craddock advise the coroner immediately in his opening address, btw there was a discrepancy with the time stamps which we will clarify further at this inquest?

It's established that FFGM and Wendy Hudson knew each other given they were locals.

Why didn't the FFC say in her 000 call that she'd been down to Batar Creek Rd in her mum's car?
To tell the operator btw, I borrowed my mum's car and just drove 1km down the road to cover all bases looking for him, didn't find him. The smoking gun is; what time was that trip made to Batar Creek Rd?

If you're to believe the official version and timelines it's not possible to have driven there after 10:15 am/10:30 am, with the MFC returning at 10:35 am. Otherwise, she would've told detectives on Day 1 this is when I drove there. I've seen nowhere mentioned by MFC to indicate she uses her mum's car after he gets back at 10:35 am. Neighbor Sharpley has the interaction around 10:40 am.

Let's play devil's advocate for a second, (a theory). FFC borrows the car to dispose of the shoes. A phone call is made to Wendy Hudson for advice, my grandchild has gone missing what should we do? That causes Ms. Hudson to leave the courts as per Mr. Donoghue's account of events.
As far as I know, Wendy Hudson was never asked at the inquest about the phone call or why she left the courts early. This must be cleared up, perhaps it gets us closer or perhaps further away from what happened. Mr. Donoghue's evidence must be proven or dismissed in the timeline of events.

Mr. Craddock was so confident with his "proof of life was 9:37 am' yet he knew (ought to have known) the elephant in the room was in the documents about the photo metadata. Why didn't Mr. Craddock advise the coroner immediately in his opening address, btw there was a discrepancy with the time stamps which we will clarify further at this inquest?
The suggested Inquiry:
Twist in William Tyrrell case eight years after he vanished
“Three years on, the former homicide detective remains heavily invested in the case and has called for an external inquiry into how the investigation was handled, even if the findings are damning against him.”

If this occurs, it may delve into the handling of questions which have been raised about conducting the Inquest.

...... seems like an additional case could emerge .... with Charges eventuating.

In the FGm's walkthrough, she doesn't even know that WT is missing, until just prior to the 000 call.

Richard didn’t include this very significant phone call detail in his first statement and adding it at a later date makes it questionable. The case was high profile and constantly in the media, not to mention all the talk that would’ve been taking place between locals, he may’ve conflated his initial recollections with details that emerged later on.
I’ve no doubt that WH phone records were examined and those records did not support Richard’s version of events. There were other patrons at the tennis club that likely would’ve been spoken to by police as well.
Richard’s version of events was investigated and shown to be incorrect. IMO

iiii's, according to this Timeline:
Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #52
“08:40 : MFC leaves for Lakewood( from CO book suggested he left around 08:40 by CCTV @ the tennis club )
08:55 - 09:00 : MFC leaves Benaroon drive ( evidence from inquest evidence )”.

.....There seems to be a discrepancy in the recorded movements of the FMFC around his departure from 48 Benaroon Drive. Would you be able to clarify in connection with those times...if you know please?
(snipped) I have a suggestion about those times but it's only theorizing. I suggest that the time on the tennis club camera was actually 8:49, and that CO adjusted this backward by nine minutes to get 8:40; but that she made the adjustment in the wrong direction, and the time MFC actually passed the camera was 8:58. This is consistent with the time the family said he left FGM's. It is also consistent with the direction police adjusted the time with respect to Richard Donoghue.

'Detective Roberts has shown me eight images from the CCTV system at Kendall Tennis Club time stamped between 9:32:32am and 9:34:30 on the 12th September 2014.
'I agree that it is me in the images and that my vehicle, the stone coloured BMW, leaves the tennis club.
'If what Detective Roberts has told me about the time difference is correct, I agree these indicate I left the tennis club about 9.43am.'

Richard didn’t include this very significant phone call detail in his first statement and adding it at a later date makes it questionable. The case was high profile and constantly in the media, not to mention all the talk that would’ve been taking place between locals, he may’ve conflated his initial recollections with details that emerged later on.
I’ve no doubt that WH phone records were examined and those records did not support Richard’s version of events. There were other patrons at the tennis club that likely would’ve been spoken to by police as well.
Richard’s version of events was investigated and shown to be incorrect. IMO

To counter that argument, the FMC never mentioned the cars either in her first interview which is significant. In fact, her 000 call says she saw nothing suspicious. FFC changing her story and times makes her version questionable.

I doubt WH phone records have been fully checked.

We've learned years later that Mr. Jubelin headed in a totally different direction pursuing Spedding, Savage; ruling out both carers. He would not have looked twice at WH and her movements on the morning of September 12th.
WH mentions she first hears about William's disappearance around lunchtime. The question still remains, what caused her to leave the tennis center early that morning, around the same time as Donaghue left? She's on CCTV leaving the courts.

You can't ignore actions people did on the morning of September 12th if there's witness testimony. Just like you can't ignore if someone says I was at the house, but another says I don't recall seeing them.

However, I do respect others' points of view and opinions. This is what these threads are about, we can agree to disagree ;)

To counter that argument, the FMC never mentioned the cars either in her first interview which is significant. In fact, her 000 call says she saw nothing suspicious. FFC changing her story and times makes her version questionable.

I doubt WH phone records have been fully checked.

We've learned years later that Mr. Jubelin headed in a totally different direction pursuing Spedding, Savage; ruling out both carers. He would not have looked twice at WH and her movements on the morning of September 12th.
WH mentions she first hears about William's disappearance around lunchtime. The question still remains, what caused her to leave the tennis center early that morning, around the same time as Donaghue left? She's on CCTV leaving the courts.

You can't ignore actions people did on the morning of September 12th if there's witness testimony. Just like you can't ignore if someone says I was at the house, but another says I don't recall seeing them.

However, I do respect others' points of view and opinions. This is what these threads are about, we can agree to disagree ;)
You're right, it would be interesting to know where WH went. She was a police youth liason officer, so as unusual as it may have been for anyone else to be overheard receiving a call about a missing child on the the day and at an earlier time before WT went missing, to my mind, it would not have been unusual for her to receive such a call. IMO

(snipped) I have a suggestion about those times but it's only theorizing. I suggest that the time on the tennis club camera was actually 8:49, and that CO adjusted this backward by nine minutes to get 8:40; but that she made the adjustment in the wrong direction, and the time MFC actually passed the camera was 8:58. This is consistent with the time the family said he left FGM's. It is also consistent with the direction police adjusted the time with respect to Richard Donoghue.

'Detective Roberts has shown me eight images from the CCTV system at Kendall Tennis Club time stamped between 9:32:32am and 9:34:30 on the 12th September 2014.
'I agree that it is me in the images and that my vehicle, the stone coloured BMW, leaves the tennis club.
'If what Detective Roberts has told me about the time difference is correct, I agree these indicate I left the tennis club about 9.43am.'

JLZ, you may be correct; from the CCTV capture of the MFC, do we know which direction he was travelling (travelling the 10 min trip to Lakewood / OR maybe returning from Lakewood?).
BECAUSE in her Walkthrough, the FFGM said he had left Benaroon prior to the rest of them having breakfast at 8 am!
..... Could he taken a different route travelling to Lakewood?
..... After returning from the earlier trip, did he then depart Benaroon a second time at 9.30 am:
(William Tyrrell: how new evidence revived the case and triggered a fresh search effort
“William’s foster father had left the home at 9.30am to drive out of the town to find better mobile reception for a Skype call and to fill a script at a chemist – actions which have been verified by police.”)

JLZ, you may be correct; from the CCTV capture of the MFC, do we know which direction he was travelling (travelling the 10 min trip to Lakewood / OR maybe returning from Lakewood?).
BECAUSE in her Walkthrough, the FFGM said he had left Benaroon prior to the rest of them having breakfast at 8 am!
..... Could he taken a different route travelling to Lakewood?
..... After returning from the earlier trip, did he then depart Benaroon a second time at 9.30 am:
(William Tyrrell: how new evidence revived the case and triggered a fresh search effort
“William’s foster father had left the home at 9.30am to drive out of the town to find better mobile reception for a Skype call and to fill a script at a chemist – actions which have been verified by police.”)
There would have been no ambiguity for those viewing the video about whether a car was entering or leaving Kendall.

Yes, there are other directions he could have driven, and escaped capture by the tennis club camera. But supposing he did, that wouldn't reinterpret the direction he was travelling in the video. If he was at the east end of town, north-east of FGM's, travelling east, he wasn't on his way back there.

Here's something else to consider. If you take Richard Donoghue's evidence seriously, and allow that he returned home around 10:15, and accept that he didn't make any extended stops on the way, then you'd have to think that the tennis club camera was 40-45 minutes slow. Apply that error margin to MFC, you might think it confirmed the 9:30 departure time.

There would have been no ambiguity for those viewing the video about whether a car was entering or leaving Kendall.

Yes, there are other directions he could have driven, and escaped capture by the tennis club camera. But supposing he did, that wouldn't reinterpret the direction he was travelling in the video. If he was at the east end of town, north-east of FGM's, travelling east, he wasn't on his way back there.

Here's something else to consider. If you take Richard Donoghue's evidence seriously, and allow that he returned home around 10:15, and accept that he didn't make any extended stops on the way, then you'd have to think that the tennis club camera was 40-45 minutes slow. Apply that error margin to MFC, you might think it confirmed the 9:30 departure time.
JLZ, I am assuming that the bolded 'If's' remain with us, but the Detectives in Strikeforce Rosann will most likely have it sorted!

JLZ, I am assuming that the bolded 'If's' remain with us, but the Detectives in Strikeforce Rosann will most likely have it sorted!
The ifs were intentional, not rhetorical. Only the tennis club's location at the time at the east end of Kendall isn't in doubt. I think I went looking for the detail on the tennis club capture of MFC a few months back and didn't find anything satisfactory. But I was looking for the unadjusted time, not direction of travel. You might do better if you search.

The second 'if', it's up to you whether you think Richard Donoghue was likely right the first time saying he arrived home around 10:15. But knowing the camera was wrong, it's not a huge stretch to think the calculation of the size of the error may also have been wrong. If RD was right, the error is 40-45 minutes, and if the camera showed MFC at 8:49, then the corrected time for his passing the club was 9:29 to 9:34.

Last edited:
The fosters were also given another child during this time, in July 2021 a six year old child was placed in their care.

I have to admit that I do find this a strange occurrence given the circumstances that existed:

a very young child in their care had disappeared

there was an investigation in progress Involving the disappearance of a child in their care

with their identities hidden, they appeared on a few TV shows to tell their story ( please don’t misunderstand me - if my child was missing I’d drive every media outlet crazy, across the country / globe, every day, to distribute awareness & to ask for help to find my child )

personally I’d be a fixated basket case! I’d be struggling to cope & to nurture my remaining family members ( I remember how I was after a stillbirth, when there was no hope, so I can only imagine how I’d be when there was any hint of ‘hope’) I would have no room in me to do well for a little ‘stranger’ in need of genuine emotional care & support.

Imo, DOCS does have questions to answer in this regard. Where was the consideration / concern or anyone’s welfare.

Just my thoughts …

<snipped for focus>

To fit the abduction theory, those shoes can't be still at the house.

I don't see why not. I have never understood the rationale that the shoes couldn't have been left at the house if William was not wearing them when he disappeared.

It is not a crime to allow a child to run around in the garden in bare feet, even if a parent/carer would prefer (or not) that the child was wearing shoes.
And children can take their own shoes off when they feel like it.

I cannot see any reason why a parent/carer would not advise that their child had no shoes on.

imo

I don't see why not. I have never understood the rationale that the shoes couldn't have been left at the house if William was not wearing them when he disappeared.

It is not a crime to allow a child to run around in the garden in bare feet, even if a parent/carer would prefer (or not) that the child was wearing shoes.
And children can take their own shoes off when they feel like it.

I cannot see any reason why a parent/carer would not advise that their child had no shoes on.

imo

So why didn't the FFC answer the question about the footwear in the 000 call? The question was direct and specific. It's not like she misunderstood what was being asked.

I suggest, (the theory) a reason that it was never answered is that an accident occurred at the house.

The narrative of William being in shoes, that he could've wandered off into the bush is going to be plausible on Day 1.
However, not being in shoes changes the dynamics and the distance a 3 yr old could've covered, very easily.
Why did it take her till the 18th of September to disclose to the police that she used her mother's car? What time could she have made that drive after the 10:15 am window, given she greets the MFC in the driveway at 10:35 am?

Have the police ever done a test as to how far a 3 yr old child can walk in 20 mins, unassisted?
It's simply not possible for young William to have walked down to Batar Creek Rd and towards the riding school. Let alone a 3 yr old boy making a judgment faced at a T junction to turn right (towards the riding school). So the use of her mum's car becomes a real problem. When faced with it being practically impossible for William to have wandered that far. Why get in the car and drive that far, why not disclose that information on Day 1?

Time is ultimately what is going to solve this case. I suggest it's not a topic that the carers like to talk about too much as their version of events simply doesn't fit.

So why didn't the FFC answer the question about the footwear in the 000 call? The question was direct and specific. It's not like she misunderstood what was being asked.

I blame the unprofessional call taker for that. She asked two unrelated questions in the same sentence, one straight after the other and, often when that happens, the person being asked will answer the second question.

Listen at 1:22 here:

They’ve done nothing but talk about it for years. They’ve done interviews, a podcast, taken the stand at the inquest, more than once.

I'd counter that by saying they've done nothing but move the goalposts with times.

Has there been any person within the task force to truly drill down on the changing of times? Why has the official version of events been allowed to shift from 10:30 am to 10:15 am or thereabouts? There has to be evidence provided to warrant such a change. If those changes are accepted then it means William was missing a lot longer than 5 minutes. If so, what were the FFC and FFGM doing if he's been gone for longer with the times moved back?

The public was always told 10:30 am for many many years. Suddenly, we get to an inquest and the times seem to have been moved, why?

I mean I could do a podcast, and take the stand at an inquest, but has anyone actually challenged their timelines?
Mr. Jubelin certainly never, he cleared them both. Has Mr. Laidlaw challenged the times? I haven't listened to Lia Harris's podcasts, but what time is offered there that he disappeared? Was it 10:30 am or earlier?

So when does the FFC actually make that drive down to the riding school? That's the question no one seems to want to answer/debate. Why did she go in that direction (towards the riding school); why not turn left in the opposite direction if she felt there was a chance he made it onto Batar Creek Rd.
It's just my opinion, based on the probability, that time becomes an issue in the case when it's moved/changed.

As I've mentioned previously here, I personally don't see the FFC as the main POI. I think the suggestion that he fell from the verandah is very unlikely. I need some convincing that the scenario occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288