Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) - #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:-
"He was playing daddy tiger," she told 60 Minutes. "My last memory is his raaaarrrr. Then there was nothing. Now it's just silence. He has vanished."

William was playing with his sister when he stepped off a wooden deck and onto grass near the side of the home as his mother made a cup of tea inside. Police believe William went down towards the sloping backyard.

On Sunday, William's parents revealed he could have made his way down the sloping backyard because he was excited about his dad coming home from work and wanted to welcome him home.

"I called out, 'Can you see daddy's car?' " said his mother. "Then there was no answer."

Within 20 minutes his mother had called police.

" 'Someone has taken Will' was absolutely screaming at me," she said.”

Parents of William Tyrrell appear on 60 Minutes as new evidence revealed
I don't know what your point is.

But I'll say something else about this version, which is that FFC didn't say here whether or not she saw William leave the porch. It sounds like her last experience of him was only the sound of a roar. This might or might not be the same occasion his sister described. That FFC is apparently inside at the time suggests that it's not. Sister did say both adults were seated on the porch, and the interviewer question whose meaning we were disputing a little while ago came later. If they're different occasions then, sister's seeing and FFC's hearing, which preceded which? Sister may have been absorbed in her drawing and not registered all of William's flittings.

But I'll say something else about this version, which is that FFC didn't say here whether or not she saw William leave the porch. It sounds like her last experience of him was only the sound of a roar. This might or might not be the same occasion his sister described. That FFC is apparently inside at the time suggests that it's not. Sister did say both adults were seated on the porch, and the interviewer question whose meaning we were disputing a little while ago came later. If they're different occasions then, sister's seeing and FFC's hearing, which preceded which? Sister may have been absorbed in her drawing and not registered all of William's flittings.
Well Ffc last heard W roar from the side of the house where he jumped out roared at them and then ran back to the side out of sight.
Ffc being inside at the time has never been confirmed by anyone including the Ffc.
L last heard W roar while she was playing drawing on the veranda and W was playing like a tiger.
If we are to go by Ffc side of the story they do appear to be 2 separate occasions however my guess is the event is one and the same and everyone there in that moment heard some type of noise “roar” and that was the last time W was heard.
However L and fgm place hearing Ws last roar on or next to the back veranda. That was the very last time W was heard.

Last edited:
The last time here on WS I had the impression, that little W only roared like a tiger, if people or at least one person were near him. When nobody was near him, he wouldn't have had a reason to roar - it seems. Now: at what time did he roar the last time? Was that the time, he went to look for daddy? Maybe, someone ("a bad man") suggested to him to look for daddy? Though the "man" must have known, that dad was away and would return after a certain time.

I will break it down:

JMO – The point of them saying in what the FM and FF have related in their 60 Minutes interview was to press their abduction theory (" 'Someone has taken Will' was absolutely screaming at me," she said.”).

"He was playing daddy tiger," she told 60 Minutes. "My last memory is his raaaarrrr. Then there was nothing. Now it's just silence. He has vanished."

On Sunday, William's parents revealed he could have made his way down the sloping backyard because he was excited about his dad coming home from work and wanted to welcome him home.
This describes what he did regularly back at their Sydney home …. Doesn’t relate directly to what would have been going on in Williams thoughts at that time …because they were at Nana’s.
Possible Red Flag as I have endeavoured to point as follows:-

"I called out, 'Can you see daddy's car?' " said his mother. "Then there was no answer."
From her position on the back deck, how would FM expect William to hear her if he had run around to the side of the house to see if he could spot FF’s car?
JMO – She is inferring that: It occurred that in/and by the time she decided to go around and check why there was no answer from William … an abductor had snatched him. SO, what was that timeframe?

FM then leads on to her ‘abduction theory’: " 'Someone has taken Will' was absolutely screaming at me," she said.”

The last time here on WS I had the impression, that little W only roared like a tiger, if people or at least one person were near him. When nobody was near him, he wouldn't have had a reason to roar - it seems. Now: at what time did he roar the last time? Was that the time, he went to look for daddy? Maybe, someone ("a bad man") suggested to him to look for daddy? Though the "man" must have known, that dad was away and would return after a certain time.

I am reading an (unrelated) book at the moment that states that stranger-to-stranger crimes are much harder to solve.
(A book by Ann Rule, former police officer and true crime writer, now deceased. Book title Green River, Running Red.)

She says that because there is no link/relationship between victim and offender, it makes identification of the perp much harder.

Separately, and not from that book ....
"Stranger-to-stranger crimes and drug market-related homicide are expected to have much lower probability of identifying alleged offenders; therefore, clearance rates will be lower."

yes, i hadnt thought of that, little w would probably only roar at someone near him, rather than when playing alone

like others here, i have read the co book, and where she does explore a lot of interesting police detail and procedure during the case, she does seem to only rely mainly on ffc for her version of the family arrival and breakfast and williams last minutes etc that morning, so she is telling the foster familys story, which is not necessarily true,but seems to be taken as fact?

Kids play like that alone all the time. They usually have full conversations! They have a great imagination at that age
yes, they do chatter away by themselves a lot when playing but the roar is a more reactive action, meant to be scarey and to "frighten" whoever is there, unusual to do if theres nobody to scare

I will break it down:

JMO – The point of them saying in what the FM and FF have related in their 60 Minutes interview was to press their abduction theory (" 'Someone has taken Will' was absolutely screaming at me," she said.”).

This describes what he did regularly back at their Sydney home …. Doesn’t relate directly to what would have been going on in Williams thoughts at that time …because they were at Nana’s.
Possible Red Flag as I have endeavoured to point as follows:-

From her position on the back deck, how would FM expect William to hear her if he had run around to the side of the house to see if he could spot FF’s car?
JMO – She is inferring that: It occurred that in/and by the time she decided to go around and check why there was no answer from William … an abductor had snatched him. SO, what was that timeframe?

FM then leads on to her ‘abduction theory’: " 'Someone has taken Will' was absolutely screaming at me," she said.”
If she's innocent, she has the advantage over us that she can rule out the most obvious suspects. Without the possibility of her own involvement, abduction would look a lot more probable.

yes, they do chatter away by themselves a lot when playing but the roar is a more reactive action, meant to be scarey and to "frighten" whoever is there, unusual to do if theres nobody to scare
I don’t think that’s unusual at all. All kids aren’t the same so that sort of play maybe perfectly normal for one kid while other kids maybe very quiet. A roaring sound is just as likely to be a kid pretending to be a lion as a kid trying to scare someone.

yes, i hadnt thought of that, little w would probably only roar at someone near him, rather than when playing alone
I don't know if that is true. Very young children talk to themselves, and their teddy bears, and the wind. They sing and shout, even when no one else is around.

My youngest liked to be like a kitty cat, and she would crawl and meow, even when she didn't know anyone was watching.

I don't know if that is true. Very young children talk to themselves, and their teddy bears, and the wind. They sing and shout, even when no one else is around.

My youngest liked to be like a kitty cat, and she would crawl and meow, even when she didn't know anyone was watching.
yes i agree, but williams special "roar" was part of his "daddy tiger" game which he played with his fcs and sister, to me it seems like it would be a special game he played with them and not really something he would play alone, just my opinion though

Can you possibly explain your thoughts a bit further here JLZ…. Please.
I am not sure I totally understand what you mean???
Many thanks
The probabilities for all the options have to sum to 100%. If she knows she's not involved, she's the only person who can assign 0% to that option. So from her point of view, the probability of stranger abduction is higher than it is from ours. I don't think it's extremely weird that she has that opinion. Though I tend to think she's underrating the possibility that William wandered away and fell into a crevice, something like that.

There are no dots to join that remotely suggest an abduction.
Until William’s case is solved, I don’t think anyone can completely take an abduction off the table….. the chance or statistics may be slim… but no one can absolutely rule it out 100% until the case is solved. IMO

Who knows what cars may have been travelling on Benaroon Drive that morning???

The Crabbs‘ did hear car stop at 48 Benaroon… and at this time we do not know who that was, nor if Police ever identified who it was?

Did anyone see or hear the Crabbs‘ return in their car that morning after their morning walk?

Did anyone see or hear RD‘s car return from Tennis that morning?

Did anyone see AMS car return to Benaroon Drive that morning, after dropping her child at daycare?

These are just a few examples of cars in the street that morning that we have never heard any eye witness statements about…. Only that those persons told the Police of their car activities that morning ….

So it is possible there were other cars travelling on Benaroon Drive that morning that no one paid any attention to, or didn’t see them … making the chance of an abduction a reality…. Imo

Mr Craddock said William was likely taken by car and police remained of the belief they could solve the case.

All my own opinion
and referenced
C. Overington’s Book, Missing William Tyrrell,
Chapter 2 and Chapter 4 and Chapter 10.

NB. (I am not referring to the parked cars, seen by FM)

Kids play like that alone all the time. They usually have full conversations! They have a great imagination at that age
I know, I have children myself and can remember. But in case of little W and this special game I had a different impression: that he roared AT someone, if he roared at all.

yes i agree, but williams special "roar" was part of his "daddy tiger" game which he played with his fcs and sister, to me it seems like it would be a special game he played with them and not really something he would play alone, just my opinion though
If he was just dashing off when he roared, he might have been still performing for them, regardless of whether he was still in their line of vision. He would have had his back to them and might not have had a clear idea of what they could see or that their thoughts were separate from his.

I worked in my grandma's home day care for years growing up. Kids as young as WT generally did not have such rigid rules as described above---like I only roar when my sis and mum are with me.

Kids that age roar just to roar because it is fun and there does not have to be a set of specific circumstances, in my experience.

Did we hear of any evidence saying that it was a special game with specific set rules where he would only roar like a tiger under specific circumstances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong