Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) - #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that foster carers are better prepared to deliver first aid than many birth parents are.

In NSW, part of the foster carer prep is a first aid course. They seem to be very aware that children have accidents, so the carers are required to undergo a first aid course.
Many links out there, here is one of them How do you become a foster carer with Anglicare?

And here is a description of what a first aid course involves.
First Aid Training

The court listing number showing today is one of the same cases that was listed in January, along with the other court listing number which was regarding the lying to NSWCC case. The case number showing right now is a different matter, (possibly the abuse allegation?)

I am still seeing all of the listings (4 of them, all for same case number, with different dates) as of right now on the court listings.
Wow Deugirtni, I can now see 4 dates on Lawlink, which includes a Hearing listed for 2 days.

I have the same questions.

But if he ran around the aide of the house and choked out of anyone's sight, there would only have been silence. If there was a scream, you'd think it would've been from her, upon discovery. If he was out of sight for even five minutes...

Still you'd think 911 and desperation to attempt CPR, Heimlich, anything --

Perhaps two things occurred nearly simultaneously-- while running, he choked, then struggling somehow in a precarious situation went over the rail. Hardly seems possible.

Seems like a stretch that an adult could see a child, dead by choking, immediately assess the situation, opt against 911 and aid, decide that people will blame her for being an irresponsible caretaker (for letting him run with small pieces?) and launch an immediate cover up. But if that's what happened here, once she made that decision, the rest probably came easier --

Thought process like this: It was an accident, I didn't mean for it to happen, I'm a good caretaker, don't take my other child away from me, he could have just as easily been abducted. Let's go with that.

JMO
So in the 4th photo of W he has something inside his mouth between his teeth. In the 5th and last iconic photo W is opening his mouth wide to show Ffc what’s inside. His facial expression and tongue position confirm that.
W got bored immediately after playing with the dice for a short period of time and jumped off the patio and as per his sister’s statement was rolling around on the grass roaring like a lion and then went off around to the side of the house. If no one knew W had swallowed the dice and he has choking and rolling around that makes sense so yes all 3 others would have seen him choke including his sister. That’s why I think the Ffc just pick him up by the shoulders and dragged him around to the side of the house so L wasn’t distressed watching her lil brother choke.

I think that foster carers are better prepared to deliver first aid than many birth parents are.

In NSW, part of the foster carer prep is a first aid course. They seem to be very aware that children have accidents, so the carers are required to undergo a first aid course.
Many links out there, here is one of them How do you become a foster carer with Anglicare?

And here is a description of what a first aid course involves.
First Aid
I’ll never forget seeing my baby sister choke on an olive pip . It was dire. My father was doing all the right first aid moves to force the pip to come out of her mouth but it wouldn’t. She was turning blue and out of desperation my mother pushed her finger down my sisters throat pushing the pip down the throat as there was no way that pip was coming out the same way it went it. IT WAS STUCK in her lil windpipe . thank goodness for my mums quick thinking.
My point is SthAussue training in what to do should your child be choking is wonderful in theory but not always the case in practice.the outcome vary vary considerably especially if the object has edges and is wedged tightly in the windpipe

Last edited:
So in the 4th photo of W he has something inside his mouth between his teeth. In the 5th and last iconic photo W is opening his mouth wide to show Ffc what’s inside. His facial expression and tongue position confirm that.
W got bored immediately after playing with the dice for a short period of time and jumped off the patio and as per his sister’s statement was rolling around on the grass roaring like a lion and then went off around to the side of the house. If no one knew W had swallowed the dice and he has choking and rolling around that makes sense so yes all 3 others would have seen him choke including his sister. That’s why I think the Ffc just pick him up by the shoulders and dragged him around to the side of the house so L wasn’t distressed watching her lil brother choke.

William's sister said she thought William went to look for daddy's car. I was just reading her statement again yesterday (in CO's book). There was no mention of William rolling around on the grass. Where did you see that she said he was rolling around on grass?

William's sister said she thought William went to look for daddy's car. I was just reading her statement again yesterday (in CO's book). There was no mention of William rolling around on the grass. Where did you see that she said he was rolling around on grass?
Caroline Overington book

Please give me the chapter, at least. As I said, I re-read sister's statement yesterday in CO's book and saw no mention of William rolling around on the grass.
TIA
I’ll have to find it. As soon as I do I will post. From memory it’s in one of the “nowhere child” episodes

Last edited:
JMO - But maybe little Lindsay, if she did witness William choking on something, became so focussed on everyone talking about William going missing/abducted, that at her young age she did not remember at the time to make any connection with the choking incident; and certainly not dying from that.

Does anyone else find it odd that journalist Caroline Overington has virtually gone silent in William's case?

Especially after her 2 part Ch7 doco aired. For someone who wrote a book, it does seem strange to me that we never hear nor read anything from her about William and this case. Thoughts?

Does anyone else find it odd that journalist Caroline Overington has virtually gone silent in William's case?

Especially after her 2 part Ch7 doco aired. For someone who wrote a book, it does seem strange to me that we never hear nor read anything from her about William and this case. Thoughts?
In 2021 she was promoted to Literary Editor at the Australian …

Her last piece in The Australian about William’s Case was in November 2021.
(that I have managed to find)

Change of focus from Crime to Literature with her new job???

IMO

Wow Deugirtni, I can now see 4 dates on Lawlink, which includes a Hearing listed for 2 days.
I'm not sure what you are seeing. I see the same case number listed four times, twice for March 15th, for 'bail review' and 'mention other'; once for March 22nd for 'mention police'; once for April 4th for 'hearing'. The judge has been assigned for March 15th, but not the other two yet. What are you seeing?

Makes sense now why Ffc didn’t like that last photo she took of W .
I'm not seeing it. I think the last photo looks like he's roaring. I don't see an object in William's mouth in any of the photos and I believe the resolution's not good enough for you to be seeing it. His mouth being open while he's looking down suggests to me that he's not holding anything in there.

Unfortunately I’m not very tech savvy and it may be difficult to see exactly what’s in Ws mouth with anything other than the original photo. I have a photo of the photos produced as evidence at the inquest and in that picture (photo 4 not photo 5 but photo 4) blown up there is something in his mouth between his teeth. That’s all I can say Slouth
Well can you post it here please? For those of us who are optically challenged???

Edit to add - Roaring Photo used on Overington’s podcast link you provided earlier is very clear… and I definitely can’t see anything in William’s mouth … but I know you are referring to the earlier photo …

What theory would that be? The veranda theory? I can’t recall hearing that theory directly from any law enforcement officer working this case. Only media reports have stated that theory. GJ had many theories all of which were proven without a doubt to be wrong
It was more about this part….

they jump to the position of 'we know what happened'.

And at nearly 9 years later, we still don’t know what happened to William, and as there has been no arrest, it APPEARS they don’t know either…. (Maybe they do??? And just need more evidence…..)

All IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member