Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) - #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the first few days weeks months it was reported on the missing persons website that W was playing with his sister when he suddenly disappeared.

However police statements from Ffc ffcm and L put them all together on the back patio talking drawing and sipping tea when W went missing.

When L was questioned why she thought W was going towards daddy’s car her reply was “I don’t know”.

There was a time however when the children were reported as playing together and that was during the dice game as per Ffc account in the LH podcast. L and W played the dice game only minutes before w was gone.

From the LH podcast:
After playing with the dice for a while W got bored and jumped off the patio on the grass and began playing daddy tiger. He wanted L to play but she wanted to draw. He then walked around the side of the house.

Just because W and L were said to be playing together which as stated they were,I don’t believe their play was away from the adults and out of their sight.

Connecting the dots it seems that whatever happened to W happened on the back patio seconds or minutes after playing the dice game with his sister.

The reason why L thought W was going towards daddy’s car was because she was told that, not because she saw it.
Going towards daddy’s car would show W heading towards the carport not in the opposite direction.

Did W take the dice from his sister while she was playing with it and ran off towards the side of the house? Were W and his sister playing chasey or was Ffc chasing W to get the dice back? Is that when she slipped and grazed her hand chasing after W?
BBM l haven’t seen that said anywhere. Do you have a link for that info?

So you have something happening to William at 10 and fm returning after burying his body at 10.20??
Ii think the drive happened during that time frame.

I don't think she buried him.

No time.

I think he was left somewhere. (And moved from there to a secondary location at the very first subsequent opportunity.)

JMO

Did FFC say she was making tea when she heard William's last roar or is that a journalist's interpolation? I think at the inquest she said that when she noticed him missing, the tea was no longer hot but still drinkably warm. But William running around the corner and FFC noticing him missing are two different events. Suppose William was already gone 20 minutes before the making of tea, and FFC decided he was too quiet 20 minutes after that--there could be a couple of reasons she'd want to halve the gap by inventing a roar.

I can’t see how there would be any opportunity after they reported him missing?
LolaAngelina, because in those early days the Foster Parents were searching for William (Accompanying the Searchers) and the FM most likely wasn't being tailed by LE, there would have been opportunities for her to undertake various activities. E.g. the FM drove to the Airport (Unaccompanied by LE) to pick up her sister and bring her back to 48 Benaroon Drive. That would have created an opportunity for her.
Edited to add: OR would LE have been treating her as if she was a POI and was being she was closely monitored.

Last edited:
I can’t see how there would be any opportunity after they reported him missing?
Under the auspices of visiting her father's grave... wanting some alone time.... borrowing a car to go for a drive, to clear her head....

It was done in another case I follow.

So IMO it's not impossible.

JMO

In CO's book Missing William Tyrrell it gives the interview transcript of where sister speaks of William going to find daddy's car. In Chapter 4.

This is a little bit of it. 'Oh, okay. And you said that he went off to find Daddy's car? How do you know he went off to find Daddy's car?'

And there's this .... (from article dated 16 Feb 2020) .... "William’s sister had also told detectives in her interview that she saw William running towards “daddy’s car” before he vanished.
Thread 73, post 794

And there's this .... (article dated 7 Sep 2015)
"On Sunday, William's parents revealed he could have made his way down the sloping backyard because he was excited about his dad coming home from work and wanted to welcome him home.
"I called out, 'Can you see daddy's car?' " said his mother. "Then there was no answer."
Within 20 minutes his mother had called police."
Thread 25, post 236

As well as Jubes saying in his book Badness, as stated upthread ... "The longer this goes on, the less likely it seems that anyone will find him. That makes me sick. I think about William's sister who is the last person known to have seen him alive."
I imagine, that little W, 3 yo, would have run down the lawn directly to the street Benaroon Dr. to look for his dad. The boy didn't know the surroundings so very well. Plus: MFC had no traditional parking lot at Kendall, where he would have parked each time, when he returned from somewhere. Why should little W have run to the carport driveway, when he could have seen his dad much earlier coming down the street? It makes more sense to me, when he looked for dad there, at the end of the lawn besides the street.

I imagine, that little W, 3 yo, would have run down the lawn directly to the street Benaroon Dr. to look for his dad. The boy didn't know the surroundings so very well. Plus: MFC had no traditional parking lot at Kendall, where he would have parked each time, when he returned from somewhere. Why should little W have run to the carport driveway, when he could have seen his dad much earlier coming down the street? It makes more sense to me, when he looked for dad there, at the end of the lawn besides the street.
Would W at 3 1/4 years have known that, and also known how to even get to the street to see a better view.. or would he have only really known where his dad had been parked prior to leaving?

Yes, I think you are right. Sister's response to being asked by the detectives where William went, could she show them, she said "Down here". Presumably 'down' meant down the slope. It sounds like this interview was a walkthrough.

Missing William Tyrrell by Caroline Overington, Chapter 4

Going to see your dad come back - which was a ritual at their own home - may be difficult to replicate at another property without supervision.

Just sending a child to go lookout for "Daddy's Car" probably would be only be wise after receiving a text that they are in fact truly on their way back.

Because at FGM's place - where would W wait - at the carport from where MFC left which is just to the left of the patio or

- Would you wait at the end of the large grassy hill unsupervised and no fence and see MFC approaching as he drives down Benaroon Drive? seems a risky suggestion if the FFC suggested he do that?

I would understand if W got an idea of his own to go look but why would FFC suggest if she never had received that text yet? seems risky?? MOO

Going to see your dad come back - which was a ritual at their own home - may be difficult to replicate at another property without supervision.

Just sending a child to go lookout for "Daddy's Car" probably would be only be wise after receiving a text that they are in fact truly on their way back.

Because at FGM's place - where would W wait - at the carport from where MFC left which is just to the left of the patio or

- Would you wait at the end of the large grassy hill unsupervised and no fence and see MFC approaching as he drives down Benaroon Drive? seems a risky suggestion if the FFC suggested he do that?

I would understand if W got an idea of his own to go look but why would FFC suggest if she never had received that text yet? seems risky?? MOO
Extracted from post here :
"Because at FGM's place - where would W wait - at the carport from where MFC left which is just to the left of the patio"

JMO - Additionally if, as has been quoted often, the FF left 48 Benaroon at 9.30 am .... this would hardly tie in with the dice throwing, drawing activities on the back ... and photos being taken at very close to that same time .... couldn't be in both places at the same time!

That is what sister thought. That William went to find daddy's car.

This does not mean that daddy was on his way home, or that daddy's car was there, just that is where she thought William went.

We know very little of their actual conversations during that morning.
We do know that they planned to visit Opa's grave when daddy got home, so they were likely tentatively waiting for daddy to get home.

It's kind of a coincidence that there's an inference that it's only William's sister's thoughts. To a reasonable person, they would take that to imply that's actually her "evidence", not actual thoughts, that's what she saw.

Of course, this would never fit into the abduction narrative, it would lead to an incident involving the MFC's car. <modsnip: No approved link to support information stated as fact>

Again that favourite subject, TIME, enters the picture.

Let's make this hypothetical, that William actually went to daddy's car, before he left for the conference call/chemist visit. Which is why the time stamps on the photos (that have never been fully proven to be correct in a court as evidence) were adjusted to 9:37am to so that made MFC, not at the house.

Why are there so many time discrepancies between 8am - 9am between FFC, MFC, FGM about who was still at the house, and who saw who?

Thank goodness William's sister is now at an age where she can make decisions and choices.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder can a 4WD access Kendall State Forest??? MOO
Yes there are loads of bush tracks through the Forrest and also Middle Brother Forest ….

However, IMO….. would you take a brand new 4WD through the forest and risk scratches etc ???? Some people do …. And for others a 4WD is more of a “City 4WD” …

Why are there so many time discrepancies between 8am - 9am between FFC, MFC, FGM about who was still at the house, and who saw who?

I would say that points to there being no "collusion" in their stories, otherwise they would all have the exact same time frame for everything.

There are time discrepancies all over the place, with everyone. Not just the foster family.

Eg:
The Crabbs heard the same vehicle, but they estimated the time frame differently.
RD who was at the tennis club thought he left at a specific time, then later on realised that he must have left at a different time.
FGM estimated the times by what time she "usually' got up. So she guessed that she got up at the same time that day, but maybe she didn't.

Unless people are religiously looking at the time every 5 minutes, all they can do is estimate it to the best of their ability.

imo

Thoughts?? MOO
It’s hard to know with that interview NR17 as it came out later by CO, IIRC , that no one really wanted to do the interview ….( As in TV stations… )as the whole thing was overseen by FACS who determined what questions etc could be asked …. All my own opinion .…. It would be interesting however to know what was on the cutting room floor.??? … But I guess the Coroner has also subpoenaed that as well….

imo

Yes, I think you are right. Sister's response to being asked by the detectives where William went, could she show them, she said "Down here". Presumably 'down' meant down the slope. It sounds like this interview was a walkthrough.

Missing William Tyrrell by Caroline Overington, Chapter 4
Or down the steps of the porch.

In CO's book Missing William Tyrrell it gives the interview transcript of where sister speaks of William going to find daddy's car. In Chapter 4.

This is a little bit of it. 'Oh, okay. And you said that he went off to find Daddy's car? How do you know he went off to find Daddy's car?'

And there's this .... (from article dated 16 Feb 2020) .... "William’s sister had also told detectives in her interview that she saw William running towards “daddy’s car” before he vanished.
Thread 73, post 794

"On Sunday, William's parents revealed he could have made his way down the sloping backyard because he was excited about his dad coming home from work and wanted to welcome him home.
"I called out, 'Can you see daddy's car?' " said his mother. "Then there was no answer."
Thread 25, post 236

As well as Jubes saying in his book Badness, as stated upthread ... "The longer this goes on, the less likely it seems that anyone will find him. That makes me sick. I think about William's sister who is the last person known to have seen him alive."
Extracted from this post: BBM
"
Thread 25, post 236

JMO, but could the FM known that William was on the high balcony to get a good view of an approaching FF in his vehicle ... when she called out.
From where she was sitting in the chair on the back deck and she called out from there, it would have been difficult for William to hear her if he had been around corner towards the front of the property.

Edited for clarity

Last edited:
Extracted from this post: BBM
"
Thread 25, post 236

JMO, but could the FM known that William was on the high balcony to get a good view of an approaching FF in his vehicle ... when she called out.
From where she was sitting in the chair on the back deck and she called out from there, it would have been difficult for William to hear her if he had been around corner towards the front of the property.

Edited for clarity
From that article:

William was playing with his sister when he stepped off a wooden deck and onto grass near the side of the home as his mother made a cup of tea inside. Police believe William went down towards the sloping backyard.
On Sunday, William's parents revealed he could have made his way down the sloping backyard because he was excited about his dad coming home from work and wanted to welcome him home.
Within 20 minutes his mother had called police.

I don't think it makes sense. William disappeared while she was inside making tea, and 20 minutes later she called the police. That would have put his disappearance at the same time MFC returned home. Is she trying to incriminate him or what? She later said she and FGM drank the tea. Was the tea made and drunk within the 20 minutes before the 000 call? At least that would explain the tea still being warm when police checked. But sitting drinking tea doesn't sound like searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood