Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) - #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anna Baker was previously unknown. She gave testimony at the inquest on 6th Oct, two days before it ended. With David Laidlaw being the last person to give evidence on the 7th Oct, before the inquest ended the next day due to Covid.

"as a result of evidence presented, a previously unknown witness has come forward & is talking with Police " Link

She wouldn't have known FA was a POI until the inquest started, and people started giving testimony about him ... none of us knew.

She didn't know that FA lived on the bush block where she heard the little boy scream as if he was hurt. It is in the link drsleuth provided.

Once drsleuth said it was Anna Baker, it was easy to piece it together.
Its my opinion that she had ‘to be known’ in order to appear at the inquest.

Anyone who appeared at the inquest was ‘known’.

But I’ll rest my case.

FA was really strongly pushed (at least by media) to be the person investigators were digging into, and perhaps ‘closing in on’, until the hard steer towards FFC.
Surely there must have been SOME sort of evidence that completely changed the direction of the investigation….. right?

i agree Cooper - mind you I didn’t ever really buy into the FA buzz. I think he just enjoys his ‘notoriety’ and does his best to keep the scaremongering going.

I’m convinced someone totally New came forward at the end of the Inquest. ( maybe way off as I seem to be alone on that thought as I’ve posted the media links here previously to no interest)
I do agree with you both here, Cooper and Warsh …. I think there was new information and a new witness …. IMO

But I will confess that FA was top of my list of possibilities …

IMO

It's possible that she reported to Crime Stoppers, not directly to police, and her information took some time to filter through to the Strike Force IMO.

As of Sept 2016, police had received more than 2,800 tips to Crime Stoppers, 11,000 separate pieces of information, 628 exhibits. Link

By 2018, who knows how many more tips, how much more information, they had received.

I am sure that the police could not keep up with - or get on top of - the quantity of tips and separate pieces of information they were receiving.

Information overload. imo

I'm considering that Craddock said this on the final day of the inquest prior to stopping for Covid, and his language:

“as a consequence of evidence we have called here, there has already been a witness who we had no idea about who has come forward and will be speaking to police”.

The link you provided says that Mr Craddock made that statement on 18th March 2020.
With FA scheduled to give testimony the following week, but the inquest was adjourned. Link

AB testified on 6th October 2020.
The inquest concluded on 8th October 2020.
Plenty of time for the police to speak with AB between March and October. imo

Regardless, an inquest attendee says that AB was that person .. and I have no reason to disbelieve that.

Last edited:
Thanks for the links. I couldn't find them last night, too tired. And the member that I responded to hadn't provided any links.

Our inquest attenders have always said that they are not sure, if they weren't sure.
So, perhaps AB was someone whose 2018 report was not contained in the brief and Craddock/the Coroner didn't know about her?

Testimony about Abbott seemed to start in March 2020, from what I can quickly find (Link) , which was when the witness came forward, according to your link.

Perhaps she was introduced at the inquest as that person.

Whatever child screamed like they were in pain from the direction of the bush block that FA resided on - I wonder if they ever determined who that was.

I did see AB's testimony where she said she thought it was a boy that screamed "Baker told the coroner, Harriet Grahame, she was “100%” certain it was a boy’s scream."
She stood and listened, but there was silence (presumably no crying or anything else that she could hear). Link
<modsnip>
Those end-of-inquest-comments from Craddock have never left my mind, so I’m appreciative of you D for also being aware of them & putting them out for consideration in our discussion. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
There is one more thing that I want to mention about FA. I am not sure if everyone is aware of this fact.
Something (else) that adds to the relevancy of FA as a stand-out POI.

FA had a 3 year old son who died. We don't know any of the details about that death, but an inquest was held whenever that happened.
Then later, Harriet Grahame (Coroner investigating William's case) sealed that file citing "confidentiality of the police investigation". Link

"The documentary revealed that Abbott’s son died when he was three – with an inquest into the boy’s death sealed by the NSW coroner." Link

There is a lot of discussion about this, way back in the threads.

Yes I was aware - yet another very sad situation. But without any other facts, this does not make FA a child murderer or otherwise.

Yes I was aware - yet another very sad situation. But without any other facts, this does not make FA a child murderer or otherwise.

Abbott is a vile, disgusting excuse for a human being. IMO he's capable of anything. If police could tie him to WT's disappearance I'd be the first to shout hooray.

Do we know when FFC told FACS that she "was not coping with William?"

My recollection is that this was only a few weeks before his sudden disappearance.

The general public does not have all of the information and the Police certainly do.

This is why it's very interesting that Police have so publicly named her as the sole POI from 18 months ago.

There is a lot of discussion about FA recently however SOLE POI is very clear to me.

Do we know when FFC told FACS that she "was not coping with William?"

My recollection is that this was only a few weeks before his sudden disappearance.

The general public does not have all of the information and the Police certainly do.

This is why it's very interesting that Police have so publicly named her as the sole POI from 18 months ago.

There is a lot of discussion about FA recently however SOLE POI is very clear to me.

Nov 2021 - over 1½ years ago. We have no idea who they are looking at (or re-looking at) now.

We have been discussing FM for all that time. Maybe it is time to look at other POIs. Seeing that we don't even know if FM is still a POI.

Nov 2021 - over 1½ years ago. We have no idea who they are looking at (or re-looking at) now.

We have been discussing FM for all that time. Maybe it is time to look at other POIs. Seeing that we don't even know if FM is still a POI.
Until Police say otherwise, I think it's logical to believe that nothing has changed.

We could speculate it was Santa Clause but I would rather listen to what Police have said instead of speculate.

Until Police say otherwise, I think it's logical to believe that nothing has changed.

We could speculate it was Santa Clause but I would rather listen to what Police have said instead of speculate.

The police have never yet told us when another POI has been cleared, if they were cleared.

Considering who appeared at the inquest, I'd say there are a few people that the Coroner is interested in.

The police have never yet told us when another POI has been cleared, if they were cleared.

Considering who appeared at the inquest, I'd say there are a few people that the Coroner is interested in.
Extracted from posts above BBM:
"The police have never yet told us when another POI has been cleared, if they were cleared."
AND:
" Seeing that we don't even know if FM is still a POI."

JMO - So following on from what you have just said about another POI' SA ... wouldn't that mean that the FM is still a POI!

"The police have never yet told us when another POI has been cleared, if they were cleared."
AND:

JMO - So following on from what you have just said about another POI' SA ... wouldn't that mean that the FM is still a POI!

We don't know. We don't know who the Coroner is looking at now, and who she isn't looking at any more.
And the police have pretty much always been divided about who (if anyone) is responsible for William's disappearance.

September 2021:
She was to release her report in June, but she is instead in talks with police who are at odds over who is responsible Link

I think it is fair to say that the Coroner had to look at everyone. Where she stands on this case NOW, we just don't know.

AND:

I guess if people do not have an air tight alibi for when WT went missing, then they are still in the frame. Unfortunately, FFC doesn't have one (that we know of) that anyone can back up. She was only metres from him when he disappeared and then disappeared herself so it seems from everyone's field of view and hearing for a period of time. So she was at the scene when he disappeared and has no corroborated alibi. If she has provided one and police are sitting on it, then I'm sure she will sue, but this investigation of her is run by the coroner isn't it, who has asked the public for information to be sent to her, so if the police had failed to hand on evidence to her that cleared the FFC, the FFC could always pass her evidence onto the coroner. I think the police will continue looking at other matters until the FP's court dates and I think if the police pursue the charges, then that will indicate that they think they have something on her in WT's case or if they don't they may withdraw the charges, their use of them was a way of pressuring and pinning her to the spot for a time, so to speak. IMO

I guess if people do not have an air tight alibi for when WT went missing, then they are still in the frame. Unfortunately, FFC doesn't have one (that we know of) that anyone can back up. She was only metres from him when he disappeared and then disappeared herself so it seems from everyone's field of view and hearing for a period of time. So she was at the scene when he disappeared and has no corroborated alibi. If she has provided one and police are sitting on it, then I'm sure she will sue, but this investigation of her is run by the coroner isn't it, who has asked the public for information to be sent to her, so if the police had failed to hand on evidence to her that cleared the FFC, the FFC could always pass her evidence onto the coroner. I think the police will continue looking at other matters until the FP's court dates and I think if the police pursue the charges, then that will indicate that they think they have something on her in WT's case or if they don't they may withdraw the charges, their use of them was a way of pressuring and pinning her to the spot for a time, so to speak. IMO

It would be pretty unfair to sister if the alleged assault charges were dropped, unless the police know they have a weak case (as Magistrate Feather indicated ... "I don't know whether there is a particularly strong prosecution case"). Link

Especially as she was removed from the only home she had known for many years.

I was wondering the other day if FM's admissions at the NSWCC can be admitted into evidence at the assault trial. Is it that at Crime Commission hearings the evidence cannot be used against you elsewhere?

It would be pretty unfair to sister if the alleged assault charges were dropped, unless the police know they have a weak case (as Magistrate Feather indicated ... "not a particularly strong prosecution case"). Link

Especially as she was removed from the only home she had known for many years.

I was wondering the other day if FM's admissions at the NSWCC can be admitted into evidence at the assault trial. Is it that at Crime Commission hearings the evidence cannot be used against you elsewhere?
I'd say she can use that evidence she gave at the NSWCC as the charges are generated from there and the evidence from there has been referred to in another public trial. I guess it would depend on relevance to the charge she is facing. MOO and yes v. unfair. The mirroring in this case to another former POI is uncanny at times and I can't help but feel that investigators on this case are dealing out their own rough justice. Scapegoating people who have not yielded the results that they were expecting. Three makes a pattern, but we have symmetry in this case.

Speaking of symmetry, at the beginning of the inquest, Craddock declared the bio and foster parents cleared but could not positively rule out their associates. There appears at times to have been chains of associates, POI's included that connect one family to another. I believe it outside the terms of service but I just wanted to acknowledge that these ideas of conspiring from either family's associates has not been taken off the table for me either and it could be that progress with some POI's is not moving forward because a whole house of cards and players might come crashing down.... or is that just too fanciful?

This is from a legal site …

Protection Against Self Incrimination​

If you are called as a witness and placed in the position where answering a question or providing evidence will incriminate you, you must still answer the question and produce the evidence. Under Section 18B.2, any information that you do give in a NSWCC hearing cannot be used against you in civil or criminal proceedings. Section 18B.3 allows evidence you give to be used in proceedings related to contempt of NSW Crime Commission investigations.

I would suggest that FM Barrister will argue this point extensively.

The general wording states they can’t use evidence from the NSWCC, but whether or not there is a technicality with the law and the wording, who knows???

If a child was testifying as a direct witness would that make a difference?? Do they have enough other evidence to make a legal case, without the NSWCC evidence??
If not, you would think they would drop the case???

I am not sure if the “contempt” (Section 18B.3) would hold, as FM has been found not guilty of Lying to the NSWCC???

You do raise a good point SA.

IMO

Other than the fact that he was charged and tried (twice) for murdering a schoolgirl, but they couldn't prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. Link
After hearing evidence from IN at the inquest I fully expected the Police to re open the case of woman found in the Manning River?? (When FA alleged he had scratches from oysters … ) Anyone else recall that??? Margaret Cox.

Post in thread 'Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #71'
Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #71

And

Post in thread 'Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #71'

IMO

Last edited:
After hearing evidence from IN at the inquest I fully expected the Police to re open the case of woman found in the Manning River?? (When FA alleged he had scratches from oysters … ) Anyone else recall that??? Margaret Cox.

And

IMO
It's like FA was conditioning people with his disgusting tall tales, such that he could eventually carry one out in front of six policemen and they'd roll their eyes and say, what a liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa