AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't think of a single case of a hostage/ransom situation that went weeks or month and actually cannot think of any at all.

Did you see that post about forgiveness on the aunt's fb page? I wonder what that was all about.

Didn't see it, but I try to stay away from the Facebook stuff. Only bc TOS notes that Facebook and social networking are typically not to be cited unless in direct relation to the case at hand. I think it's great for getting a general idea of the characters at play in the scenario, but too much can be left up to speculation at times.

But I rely on you and all the other Sleuthers who have found things that seem pertinent to the case at hand to inform me of things like the Aunt granting forgiveness. I can only assume with everything she has gone through that she has much anger towards the predators in her life/of this world who killed her son and took Adrienne (IMO) and knows the important of not harboring that anger or "chewing the cud" as it can make one bitter. Forgiveness is the first process in not allowing ones abuser to have control over them anymore. It's how she is attempting to let go of the pain and anger caused by the abuser.

IMO.

I can't think of a single case of a hostage/ransom situation that went weeks or month and actually cannot think of any at all.

Sorry had to edit bc I didn't state correctly:

Only one month ago a man had been held hostage for $3 million for over a month.

They can also last for a day. They can last a year. It varies upon each individual case. Theres no standard of time that hostage situations last (even when blackmails is concerned).

Didn't see it, but I try to stay away from the Facebook stuff. Only bc TOS notes that Facebook and social networking are typically not to be cited unless in direct relation to the case at hand. I think it's great for getting a general idea of the characters at play in the scenario, but too much can be left up to speculation at times.

But I rely on you and all the other Sleuthers who have found things that seem pertinent to the case at hand to inform me of things like the Aunt granting forgiveness. I can only assume with everything she has gone through that she has much anger towards the predators in her life/of this world who killed her son and took Adrienne (IMO) and knows the important of not harboring that anger or "chewing the cud" as it can make one bitter. Forgiveness is the first process in not allowing ones abuser to have control over them anymore. It's how she is attempting to let go of the pain and anger caused by the abuser.

IMO.

I didn't think that her 'status' regarding forgiveness had anything at all to do with the murderer/murderers of her son. I actually felt it might have been for Adrienne when I first saw it.

I was actually wondering if there were any cases here on WS involving hostage/ransom. Thanks for the info. I assume there are not.

The last hostage situation that happened in the state of AZ lasted a month

Can you post a link? Wondering if it was a domestic situation or gang-related. I have never heard of someone going missing from the street (apparently) and being held for weeks/months in ransom situation, unless we are talking about the rare occurrences such as the Cleveland women. In the cases where LE has had an idea that a person may be being held, i.e Michelle Parker, they have done a SWAT-type entry at once.

I was actually wondering if there were any cases here on WS involving hostage/ransom. Thanks for the info. I assume there are not.

I only said I cannot think of any, not that there never has been such a case. There have been domestic hostage cases. No ransoms I am aware of.

I only said I cannot think of any, not that there never has been such a case. There have been domestic hostage cases. No ransoms I am aware of.

It depends on the motivation behind the abduction. If it is hostage for ransom or to negotiate the release of prisoners or suspects, then the victim is worth far more alive than if they were killed.

However if the motivation is retaliation for political or military reasons or if the captor is a serial killer or sexual predator, the likelihood of surviving the hostage situation far lessens.

Right now I am between the two motivations for AS disappearance considering she is a young female and was vulnerable that night to serial/sexual murderer, but also that her cousin/family had some ties to underground groups/gangs who
Might want to hold AS hostage in return for money or prisoners/amnesty. Plus Az is a hotbed for hostage situations - a year or so ago a man was waiting for a bus at a stop on Roosevelt and 32nd and he was taken from the stop, forced into a van, and blindfolded within seconds.

It's LMN night! See everyone tomorrow or maybe very late tonight. Will check in before bedtime to see if anything new has developed with Adrienne.

G'nite! :)

IMO.

You are very wise (and hip), 2Hip2BeSquare!

You are very wise (and hip), 2Hip2BeSquare!

Hey hey! Lol I WISH I were wise as I make some pretty dumbo decisions! Lol!!!

Haven't seen u post on this thread recently. Any new theories in ATasteofHoney's brilliant mind?!?!

Hey hey! Lol I WISH I were wise as I make some pretty dumbo decisions! Lol!!!

Haven't seen u post on this thread recently. Any new theories in ATasteofHoney's brilliant mind?!?!

Haha! I wish but thank you kindly, 2Hip.

No new theories but am very concerned that there is/was in the company of another man who may have been very quietly in the picture (like a quasi-backup boyfriend/love interest or even a distant male relative that met up with her that night under a pretense of help or comfort. She was in a distressed state of mind that night.

Her friends, peeps at the party, and family stuff is raising my hinky meter so I think someone will talk soon.

moo

Poor girl.

The admin of the FB page says that "angels and God" are working to find her. So...maybe they don't need help from earthlings? I don't know.

The admin of the FB page says that "angels and God" are working to find her. So...maybe they don't need help from earthlings? I don't know.

I can stop biting my tongue now.:facepalm:

Sorry to say, but I don't think Adrienne disappeared voluntarily, left willingly, ran away or anything like that, JMO. :( I think this poor young lady has likely been met with foul play, I'm afraid.

There's the possible hostage case in Ecuador (looking for link):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member