Found Deceased AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #4 *Arrest*

Trying to remember, I thought LE knew time attacker left because of neighbor's security video (they could actually see the perp). I thought Allison did not have her security system on, and it was of no use in the case. Correct me if I'm wrong on this..

Just reviewing and YES OldSteve that's how I remember it...so why haven't they released the video or even still shots???

:thinking:

Because they don't need help.

:gaah:

(ETA: 9 guests in this thread :wave:)

Just reviewing and YES OldSteve that's how I remember it...so why haven't they released the video or even still shots???

Because they don't need help.

:gaah:

(ETA: 9 guests in this thread :wave:)

Why is this always so anonymous? I guess that's the way the society in Arizona is. California is the same way. We moved away from there for that reason. How does anyone help if they can't see or know anything?

Oops, I my post above the "could see the perp " should have been "couldn't see the perp" that should have read, sorry.

Where Allison comes from the upper Midwest, you always stay friendly with your neighbors. So if she recognized this guy from the neighborhood, she would have wanted to open the door.

I'll respectfully disagree with you on this one. She's from a suburb of MInneapolis/St. Paul. She was raised to be friendly but cautious. I don't believe she'd have opened the door, alone at night. Is it possible she had the back door open for some fresh air and they gained access this way?

I think she had an unlocked back door or window and they snuck in while she was in the shower.

This may answer the question as to how the police know what time the perp left Allison's house:

"The security system records the activity anytime a window is open or closed," said [Detective] McWilliams. "We know that there was a door open when the killer left the residence at approximately 1 a.m."

From the same article:

"It appears that this was a random act of violence," said McWilliams. "We've not found anything that lead us to believe that Allison knew her killer."

(source)

If the system recorded that a door was open when the killer left, then LE should have a record of all "events" that the alarm system performed - alarm armed/disarmed, door opened, window opened, etc. If Allison left a door or window open that night for whatever reason, then either her alarm was not armed or she deliberately bypassed that particular entry point. There is also the possibility that she didn't have an alarm sensor on a door or window, and the perp got very lucky when he entered through that specific one.

I still think it's very odd that initially, the police held a community meeting to tell everyone in the neighborhood that there was nothing to worry about, that Allison was specifically targeted. As time as gone on, that story has changed to Allison not knowing her murderer and that it was, in fact, random. Later in the quoted article above, her father states that he believes the killer knew Allison, but she didn't know him. In my opinion, the only scenarios that make sense are:

* someone from the neighborhood who stalked her and got familiar with her schedule without her realizing it
* a stalker who saw her out somewhere and put a lot of time and effort into figuring out where she lived, her schedule, and how to get into her house
* a "friend of a friend" situation
* a hired hit by someone who wanted her scared, hurt or killed but didn't want to do it himself
* someone she actually did know but either no one in her circle realized she knew him or there's not enough hard evidence to build a case against that person

I personally don't believe she let the person into her house voluntarily, if it was someone she didn't know - even if it was someone she'd seen around the neighborhood.

I'll respectfully disagree with you on this one. She's from a suburb of MInneapolis/St. Paul. She was raised to be friendly but cautious. I don't believe she'd have opened the door, alone at night. Is it possible she had the back door open for some fresh air and they gained access this way?

Yes, I know she's from a suburb of Miinneapolis! I've been following this case for a long time. According to a comment on her obituary she was very friendly with her neighbors at her condo. One of the scenarios, I believe could have happened, she looked out, recognized the neighbor and opened the door. The neighbor would have seen the BF leaving, and knew she lived there all alone.

The thing is, if it was a random robber I don't see someone coming in an unlocked door or window not knowing how many people were in that house.

If this was not someone Allison knew, I wonder if they did some scouting or recon on her place at previous time. When she was at work? Out of town? They may have not entered the house due to an alarm, but they could get the layout of the yard. They could try to peek in through the windows and maybe have some idea of the house layout. I don't see it as a robbery gone wrong. If LE looked at video surveillance of that night, I hope they went back as far as they could to look for suspicious activity previously.

Just checking in, been thinking about Allison and her family. I just can't imagine.

Really hope something breaks this case. What is it going take, or what is it going to be?

:bump: :bump:

THIS is for Allison >>> IIRC #1 (Step Up - 2006) of 18 is/was her FAVORITE (dance) movie:

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainm...6BNf?ocid=spartandhp&fullscreen=true#image=18

Maybe soon we will see LE 'step up' the investigation...

Ironically, another new moon is upon us -- IIRC, the night Allison was murdered it was a new moon.

http://www.moongiant.com/moonphases/October/2016/

http://foreverconscious.com/intuitive-astrology-october-new-moon-2016

:justice: for Ms. Feldman!!

:candle:

:please:

I believe this case has been so difficult to solve because she killer had so long to clean up the house, so I am very curious how LE supposedly has the killer's DNA.

One question still bothers me. Why did Allison get an alarm system WITHOUT a video camera? Why in God's name would someone do that? I mean that makes it almost worthless. I would love to know how that came about. I wish the family would have asked the boyfriend why she got a bad alarm system. The boyfriend recommended she get an alarm, so did he tell her she doesn't need a camera? Why can't he speak up about that? Simple question. 'Oh, she didn't get the one I recommended' is how he could answer. Instead we get nothing.

After having considered the possibilities in this crime over and over again, I go back to the motive. If Allison did not know the killer, I would think it must be a sexual assault. I can't think why someone would kill her, but sexual assaults can get violent if the victim fights back, which Allison did. And then it was made to look like a robbery.

I think the other option would be someone had her killed. I can't imagine why. Money would be a motivation, but I would think LE would be on that trail, and discovered something financial by now. It is so perplexing.

If it was sexual assault, why stay and clean up for hours? I guess it is possible someone who sexually assaulted her knew the BF's car was gone or something, but the perpetrator would have to either be crazy, or VERY familiar with the coming and going of the BF.

Yes, I know she's from a suburb of Miinneapolis! I've been following this case for a long time. According to a comment on her obituary she was very friendly with her neighbors at her condo. One of the scenarios, I believe could have happened, she looked out, recognized the neighbor and opened the door. The neighbor would have seen the BF leaving, and knew she lived there all alone.

I have known the family for decades and I knew Allison. She was friendly, but not stupid. I can't honestly see her opening her door at night to any male unless she knew them well.

I have known the family for decades and I knew Allison. She was friendly, but not stupid. I can't honestly see her opening her door at night to any male unless she knew them well.

Well then maybe you know more than I do. Is there a chance her parents would hire a private investigator?

I wonder if the killer still has Allison's phone???

If it was sexual assault, why stay and clean up for hours? I guess it is possible someone who sexually assaulted her knew the BF's car was gone or something, but the perpetrator would have to either be crazy, or VERY familiar with the coming and going of the BF.

Decoding some of the police comments, I think they believe she was targetted by someone who knew she lived alone, and who knows quite a lot (ie has a lot of experience) about breaking in to homes and police forensic methods. I think there may have been clues at the crime scene (such as evidence of some sort of ritual behaviours) which are seen in some serial assaulters or murderers, but they don't have any similar cases in Scottsdale, so that's why they think the person might have been from out of town.

Decoding some of the police comments, I think they believe she was targetted by someone who knew she lived alone, and who knows quite a lot (ie has a lot of experience) about breaking in to homes and police forensic methods. I think there may have been clues at the crime scene (such as evidence of some sort of ritual behaviours) which are seen in some serial assaulters or murderers, but they don't have any similar cases in Scottsdale, so that's why they think the person might have been from out of town.

Interesting, I didn't realize that was why SPD feels the killer could be from out of town.

Assuming this is some serial killer from out of town, it seems like it would be very risky breaking in to a house with an alarm sign in the front yard. The person would either have to be stupid or extremely knowledgeable, or simply have inside knowledge about Allison's alarm. The bleach used to clean the crime scene seems to indicate this person was not stupid, but instead they were very careful. To me that rules out some obsessed lunatic, and points to someone who has done this before (as your quote suggests).

This person did not call or email ahead. They must have shown up suddenly. They stayed and cleaned up the scene, taking their time to be thorough. Where did the bleach come from? That would indicate premeditation if they brought it. If they found the bleach at the scene, maybe it was not planned. If they left to get bleach, again, maybe not a planned murder. So if it was not planned, what happened? Who would just show up without warning? To me, only a robber, or someone who wanted to sexually assault her would show up unannounced. Maybe sexual assault was the motive to visit her, and she fought back, and it turned into a murder. Then, the killer knew they were in trouble, and tried to clean up the scene.

Interesting, I didn't realize that was why SPD feels the killer could be from out of town.

Assuming this is some serial killer from out of town, it seems like it would be very risky breaking in to a house with an alarm sign in the front yard. The person would either have to be stupid or extremely knowledgeable, or simply have inside knowledge about Allison's alarm. The bleach used to clean the crime scene seems to indicate this person was not stupid, but instead they were very careful. To me that rules out some obsessed lunatic, and points to someone who has done this before (as your quote suggests).

This person did not call or email ahead. They must have shown up suddenly. They stayed and cleaned up the scene, taking their time to be thorough. Where did the bleach come from? That would indicate premeditation if they brought it. If they found the bleach at the scene, maybe it was not planned. If they left to get bleach, again, maybe not a planned murder. So if it was not planned, what happened? Who would just show up without warning? To me, only a robber, or someone who wanted to sexually assault her would show up unannounced. Maybe sexual assault was the motive to visit her, and she fought back, and it turned into a murder. Then, the killer knew they were in trouble, and tried to clean up the scene.

Or, perhaps the killer staged the scene to make it look like someone broke into her house, surprised her and killed her, using the bleach and the robbery to attempt to throw off investigators. IMO, whoever did this was either the luckiest criminal ever, or there is much more to this murder than the public knows.

- It has not been released that there was any indication that her alarm system was set or that she left a door/window open or accessible. Her alarm system should have recorded each "event" (regardless of if it was armed), which is how they know that a door was left open when the perp left at 1am. Her alarm did not go off. Somehow, someone got into her house and no one knows whether that person broke in, was let in by Allison, came in through a door/window that was deliberately left unlocked by someone else earlier, or was already there.

- The accidentally-released police report that was quickly removed from online stated that she put up a fierce struggle, there was evidence of head trauma and her head was wrapped in a cloth (I'm paraphrasing and can't link to the source since it's no longer accessible). Maybe an intruder surprised her and she fought him. Maybe someone was there in the house already, she got into an argument with him and it escalated to the point where he killed her.

- The substance around her body that was used as an attempt to clean up was identified as white, with a bleach-like odor. An intruder who intentionally went to sexually assault her is not going to tote along a bottle of bleach to clean up after himself. Also, to my knowledge, they have not acknowledged that she actually was sexually assaulted. I believe that's an assumption that's been made because she was found with no clothes on. However, that could be easily explained if she'd just gotten out of the shower.

- An intruder who stuck around long enough to find a bottle of bleach would have had to be pretty confident that spending an extra however-long looking for something to clean up with wasn't going to get him caught - and if the murder was unintentional, the perp would be panicked and wanting to get out of there as soon as possible. However, someone already in the house may have known exactly where Allison kept the bleach, and he would have known he was in no danger of being caught cleaning up by someone else because he'd know that no one else was going to drop by unexpectedly.

- The robbery attempt was pathetic and I believe it was another attempt to throw investigators off. If an intruder intended to rob her, he would have bailed as soon as he realized someone was in the house, and he would have been taking a huge risk to break into a house that had an obvious alarm company sign in front. If her alarm had gone off, the police would have been notified almost immediately. However, if someone was already in the house, making it look like a robbery-gone-bad would be a logical cover.

- LE has not officially cleared anyone or declared a suspect or even a person of interest. They've stated they have the perp's DNA but it does not match any known samples in their database. They may have the perp's DNA because it was throughout the house from earlier visits, and matched whatever they may have found on her body.

As someone upthread stated, Allison was friendly, but not stupid. If she let someone into her house, especially at night, I believe she knew him well. Or he knew her well enough to have unrestricted access to her house to be able to come in on his own.

All JMO and as always, I could be completely wrong about everything.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back