GUILTY AZ - Brenda Nguyen, 13, dies of alcohol poisoning, Phoenix, 19 Feb 2007

myspace page for Arlene Cota http://www.myspace.com/cotagurl

*R.I.P BRENdA*ii LUV YOOh MAMAS-AlWAYZ N 4EVER*
clear.gif
"iLL AlWAYZ lOVE YOOh GURLiE N ii MiSS YOOh SOOOOOO MUCh BUt iLL GEt tO SEE YOOh AGAiN 1dAY N WE kAN hAVE FUN JUSS LiKE OLd tYMES:.MUAhS LOVE YOOh GURl R.I.P.:"

Female
14 years old
Phoenix, ARIZONA
United States

According to NCMEC, Arlene Cota has been missing since January 13, 2007. I wonder if Brenda was ever reported missing?

Arlene was last seen on January 13, 2007. She may be in the company of a juvenile female. They may still be in the local area. Arlene's ears and nose are pierced. She may go by the nickname Vicky.
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewPoster&caseNum=1061857&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

I started a thread in Missing for Arlene Cota http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47366

Great! Maybe she can shed some light on what happened to her friend.

richandfamous said:
Brenda's myspace

last login was Feb 13 2007
TYREE.jpg

on her profile page it says:
T3LL M3 WHY ii STiiLL L0V3 HiiM AFT3R ALL DA THiiNGS H3 D0N3 2 M3..H0W CAN H3 SAY G00DBY3 2 DiiS??"

richhandfamous, did you send this tip into law enforcement?

WhiteWolf, I read that as her comment on them breaking up. She even has a picture on her MySpace of his new girlfriend ('how could he leave this *picture of her* for this *picture of new g/f*). What did you read/see in it to call it a tip? I've tried looking at it from different angles, but I'm afraid I need you to tell me. :)

WhiteWolf said:
richhandfamous, did you send this tip into law enforcement?

Yep...there's even some more info that I gleened from her myspace that I mentioned to them. And also the cota girl was asked in comments about what happened and she is telling her friends that she wasn't with Brenda when it happened. I'll do more looking today...I have a myspace and added the cota girl to my friends list and she accepted so that's why I was able to read her comments.

I Just Wonder If The Black Male That Is On Her Myspace Might Be Involved? I Can't Get Over The Way She Was Just Dumped On The Alley. The Person That Did This Wanted The Girl To Be Found, A Sign Of Remorse In A Since, The Way She Was Found Makes Me Believe This Was The First Time This Person Has Done Something Of This Magnitude, He Probably Has Had His Way With Several Girls And The Dead One Was One That Was Going To Tell About Him. If I Were The Police I Sure Would Be Looking For This Fellow And Investigate Him, He Seems To Me To Be A Good Suspect Or Person Of Interest.

Another interesting comment on Brenda myspace:

Feb 18, 2007 2:20 PM

WHAT THA *advertiser censored* I TOLD TAMMIE IF SHE TOUCHES U SHE GOTTA GO THROUGH ME BUT I AINT EVEN ON UR OR ARLENES PAGE MAN I LOVE U AND ARLENE 2 DEATH AND THIS IZ HOW U TREAT ME MAN WHATEVA U BETTER RITE ME AND TUESDAY IM BOUT 2 HAVE WHITEY LOCC TAKE ME TO SEE MY 2 BESTEST FRIENDS IN THA WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U KNO WHO U ARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU AND ARLENE !!!!!!!!!!

http://comment.myspace.com/Modules/Comments/Pages/ViewComments.aspx?%3ffuseaction=user.viewComments&friendID=47845967&MyToken=90830c6f-de95-4aea-999d-11b7a4db32e2

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news/articles/brendanguyendeath02272007-CR.html
Police re-interview runaway friend of teen murder victim
For the second time in two days, Phoenix police detectives have interviewed 14 year old Arlene Cota about the murder of 13 year old Brenda Nguyen, Cota's runaway friend.

Kimberly Cota, Arlene's mother, tells 12 News detectives re-interviewed Arlene on Tuesday morning. Police confirm the interview took place. A police spokesman reiterates that Arlene is not a suspect in this case, but Sgt. Joel Trantor says detectives made significant progress overnight, although he would not elaborate....(more at link)
Kimberly Cota tells 12 News her daughter had an emotional meeting with the victims family, including Brenda's mother. Cota says the ordeal is wearing down Arlene. She says her daughter didn't sleep Monday night and is getting accusatory e-mails on her my space account, some people asking Arlene via e-mail why she didn't do more to save her friend.

Kimberly Cota says she is considering unplugging the computer.

I'd say someone should have UNPLUGGED that computer a long time ago! jmo

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/0227Missing0227.html
Runaway's death brings heartbreak, questions
Two young girls, both barely teenagers, ran away from home and were living on the streets.

Now Brenda Nguyen's family wants to know how she died. Arlene Cota's family wants to know how to keep their child alive.

Brenda, 13, was last seen by her family on Feb. 11 when she left her home near Glendale and 40th avenues. She said she was going to pick up some pictures at Walgreens.

When she did not come home, her family knew almost immediately there was trouble and filed a police report that day.

Brenda, an eighth-grader, had run away before and again she joined the more than 1,200 people younger than 18 who leave their homes in the Valley and are reported missing.

This time, Brenda survived for about a week. Police found her body Feb. 19.

But it took five days before anyone made a connection between the body and the missing girl.

more at link.

Phoenix Police make 4 arrests in the death of a teen runaway
Police arrested 3 men and one woman in connection with the death of 13-year-old Brenda Nguyen. Nguyen's body was found in a central Phoenix alley a little over a week ago.

The suspects are identified as Armando Hernandez, Ana Hernandez, Clayton Koepke and Scott Franze. Police say they developed probable cause last night.

A Phoenix Police Department news conference is scheduled for 9:30am today.

that's in 20 min.

0228RunawayDeath-autosized258.jpg

Phoenix Police make 4 arrests in the death of a teen runaway

A Phoenix Police Department news conference is scheduled for 9:30am today.

I am at work, so I can't watch. If you could please post any info, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

dang it...I'm watching 12 news on tv and I'm also on the live news link and there's nothing. The link says there's an error...and the tv hasn't said anything about it yet.
maybe they're just late as usual so I'll keep watching.........

well...now they have taken down the announcement of a presser and the link for the live presser. hmmm

still nothing on the channel 12 news tv.

wish they would make up their mind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back