AZ - BRYAN PATRICK MILLER - Victims: Angela Brosso & Melanie Bernas, Serial Killer 1992-1993 *Guilty, sentenced to death*

I worked in homeless services and he was a security guard in the dining hall where meals were served. I called after his arrest to ask that they look into a few similar murders of homeless women who would have trusted him. Nobody ever called me back and from the looks of it, they have never investigated that lead or took any interest in the possibility that he killed more than the two named victims.
I’m not terribly impressed with the Phoenix PD. Were the homeless women fairly young and attractive? Seems like his thing. May I ask what year that was? Are the cases still involved?

The disappearance of Mikelle Biggs

I’m kind of curious if he could be connected to the Mikelle Biggs disappearance?
She disappeared in 1999 from Mesa, AZ while riding her bike. Some geographic and circumstantial similarities to the other victims.

unfortunately she was never found and is still missing.

also I believe I had a run in with BPM in college while working security myself. I spoke about it at length on another thread. I had no clue he had worked in security as well. Maybe I seemed like a worthy opponent? He got so weird when I drove him home one night (the one time we hung out outside of small taking and my work) that I had to kick him out of my car on a highway overpass. All I can say is the guy is a *advertiser censored**** up predator who gets off on striking fear into people - and he is very adept at acting like a harmless, lonely, somewhat awkward nerd to lure people in. He knows EXACTLY what he’s doing . Prime manipulator.

the craziest part is that run in with BPM that dark night was one of the reasons why I became so interested in criminology. Unfortunately it was so long ago (2004-2005) that I don’t have much more evidence or information about what happened. I didn’t even remember his name until recently Bc I blocked it out.

you live long enough and everything just becomes surreal.

Last edited:
Updating this thread here - that if he is connected to Mikelle Biggs and Adrienne Salinas, both of their cases have ties to the Mesa area. Adrienne was found sort of near there (Weeks Wash) and Mikelle went missing near there.

from experience I can say there is the salt River where many AZ young people go for recreation and tubing - and when there are monsoon floods the salt river overflows all the washes that flow from it. The monsoon’s before Adrienne’s partial remains were found brought water from not just the mountains, but the surrounding rivers and their washes.

I’ve wondered if not only Adrienne’s missing remains and Mikelle are somewhere between Mesa and the Salt River and also of the Salt River Area in Mesa became his killing ground later on?

A bench trial is scheduled to begin Monday for a man accused of sexually attacking and fatally stabbing two young women in separate killings nearly 30 years ago near a metro Phoenix canal system. Bryan Patrick Miller, 49, is charged with two counts each of first-degree murder, kidnapping and attempted sexual assault.

Prosecutors said the state is seeking the death penalty if Miller is convicted.

So glad this trial is finally happening. Hearing the testimony of Angela's boyfriend, rembering how he was the prime suspect for so long, possibly until the dna came up , I worked near metrocenter at the time and remember so vividly the fear in the community.

I can't imagine if he is found not guilty by reason of insanity, that could mean he would be on the street again someday.
He has admitted it, so he should never be free, life in AZ state hospital or life in prison if insane, is the minimum acceptable.

— Potential key testimony in the Phoenix canal murders trial. This comes 30 years after two young women were brutally murdered near a canal in Sunnyslope back in the 1990s.

50-year-old Bryan Patrick Miller, on a bench trial for their deaths, returned to court on January 9.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back