Identified! AZ - Coconino Co, 'Valentine Sally' WhtFem 585UFAZ, 14-19, along I-40, Feb'82 -Carolyn Celeste Eaton

Something that i stumbled upon, when Cinda and Charlotte where abducted, by Royal Russell Long back in September of 81', he left two boys who were in his car, on a rest stop by I-40, the same highway from where Valentine Sally would be found by February 82'. His description fits the witness description of the man seen with Sally.

Just a thought.

It was just stated on a facebook page related to Forensic Genealogy, that one of the Forensic Genealogy groups is currently working the Arroyo Grande and Valentine Sally cases.

Last edited:
It was just stated on a facebook page related to Forensic Genealogy, that one of the Forensic Genealogy groups is currently working the Arroyo Grande and Valentine Sally cases.

How great! Maybe this year is the year that justice will begin for them! Has this group said anything about WCJD's case?

Last edited by a moderator:
How great! Maybe this year is the year that justice will begin for them! Has this group said anything about WCJD's case?

Not at all. Nobody that I know of is working on the WCJD case. This person mentioned VS and AG in the context of a list of several cases that I mentioned including WCJD, Spokane Millie, and the 1983 St. Louis headless girl. She chimed in that she was working on VS and AG.

Last edited:
Not at all. Nobody that I know of is working on the WCJD case. This person mentioned VS and AG in the context of a list of several cases that I mentioned including WCJD, Spokane Millie, and the 1983 St. Louis headless girl. She chimed in that she was working on VS and AG.

Maybe her group will work on her case, i remember reading on the FB group that WCJD DNA would be tested by a lab to narrow down her identity, though i'm unsure of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s so cool to see multiple organizations doing this work!

Arroyo Grande is a case that marks an era of growth in a valley that has always had a sinister vibe to me

I’m bringing some early posts forward as I think they contain some valuable information. I’m also hoping CarlK will take a look at a recent NamUs missing person addition.

NV - NV - Ann Victoria Narus, 25, Las Vegas, 5 January 1981

Chuck Jones called me back. He was a quite chatty guy, and we spoke for about a half hour.

He indicated that Dena McHan was ruled out by default by CODIS. However, he wasn't able to tell me whether Cheryl Lynn Hall was ruled out or not. He doesn't have a rule-out list on this UID like he has with some other cases, and the case file is too large to check out while he was on the phone, but he didn't remember hearing her name. He is going to contact the L.A. County Sheriff to see what he can find out about CLH, and he will e-mail me back to let me know what what he finds out.

Regarding Valentine Sally, he spoke for quite a while about her case. He says that they don't know her cause of death, only that she was murdered. Evidence indicates that she was pulled out of the sleeper cab of a truck by her belt loops, and her sweater was pulled up over her head from being dragged by the arms. She was left under a cypress tree only a few feet off of the shoulder of the road. She had been dead for several days, and by the time she was found, her face had been badly picked at by animals. The area where she was found was at a long incline where trucks frequently stop to cool their brakes, so nobody would have paid much attention to a truck stopped at that point in the highway.

When I mentioned that CLH might be too old to look at as a possible, he said not at all. Their estimates have her at 16 to 22, although there is nothing to absolutely rule out that she might have been older. When I mentioned DoeNet's estimate of 14 to 19, he said that he should have DoeNet change that because there is no way that she was as young as 14.

He also said that he believes that the forensic sketch is pretty accurate. They had a witness - a waitress who served VS and the likely perp in a coffee shop. She said that the forensic sketch looked very much like the woman, and she also gave a pretty good description of the perp. They are sure that the waitress was talking about the same person because VS didn't want anything to eat at the cafe because she had a bad toothache. All she wanted was an aspirin and water. They learned later after the autopsy that VS had a uncompleted root canal.

He went on about a bunch more, but I think I'll leave it at that. I could be here all afternoon trying to summarize what he said.

I just contacted Chuck Jones to suggest that he look at Elisabeth Martinson as a possible match to Valentine Sally.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

There is no photo available of Elisabeth, but there was enough there that she might be worth a look.

She had blonde hair, and just like Valentine Sally, was described as very pretty.
Her height (5'5") matches.
Her DLC is only about three weeks prior to Valentine Sally's discovery.

The negatives are that her age (22) is a little above the range, and her hair is described as short. But nevertheless, he agrees that she might be worth a look.

He also speculating that Valentine Sally might have been murdered by her father, and for obvious reasons, he would not report her missing. If he was a Trucker/single father, and driving her around the country, this case would never be solved unless a mother or sibling decided to come forward. If she had no siblings and there was no mother in her life, there would be nobody to come forward.

Regarding Norma Jean Halford, he says that there is very little he can do with this because they have neither DNA nor dentals on her, and he can't make Colorado LE go out and hunt down the family members.

I have posted some info the possible identity of Valentine Sally. My best friends sister was a runaway back then she was either 15 or 16,she had taken off before & was picked up by police in another state at a bus Station & also hitchhiking & was brought back home. the last time she took off with some seedy men & no one knew who they were,her mom hired a private investigator to find her but they never did. No one has seen or heard from her for 38 years, jump to now my friends cousin was doing a family tree & submitted his DNA & my friend & her sisters got a call from a detective from the Coconina County sheriff dept. & the detectives flew here to speak with them & collect their DNA last week.

I have posted some info the possible identity of Valentine Sally. My best friends sister was a runaway back then she was either 15 or 16,she had taken off before & was picked up by police in another state at a bus Station & also hitchhiking & was brought back home. the last time she took off with some seedy men & no one knew who they were,her mom hired a private investigator to find her but they never did. No one has seen or heard from her for 38 years, jump to now my friends cousin was doing a family tree & submitted his DNA & my friend & her sisters got a call from a detective from the Coconina County sheriff dept. & the detectives flew here to speak with them & collect their DNA last week.
Whoa! This is why we need more people that do their DNA to upload it on all of the DNA sites and opt-in.
Are you able to name the MP that possibly matches our UID? Does she have a MP thread here?

I don't want to put the name out until we find out for sure, the detective said it will be a couple of months. I will post one way or the other when I find out. What does Unidentified Decent mean?

A decedent is a deceased person, so an unidentified decedent is an unidentified dead person, Jane or John Doe.
Just curious, did your friend's family report her sister missing in addition to hiring a private investigator? I hope they have some closure soon.

Please keep us posted! Maybe there's a potential match!

I did know her quite well if this ends up to be her but she is my best friends sister. I can't remember exactly but one of the times they found her in another state & brought her back home they fingerprinted her. So they did have fingerprints somewhere out there of her but when they found the body of Valentine Sally they were unable to get fingerprints from it because of decomposition & animals so they would not be able to match them. when she ran off this last time was New Years Eve so it was not a great deal of time before they found Valentine Sally on Feb.14. if this is her she had a great family &they did everything they could to get her help over & over,she was just wanted to do what she wanted

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back