AZ AZ - Drake Kramer, 21, Grand Canyon National Park, 2 Feb 2015

I feel if he was going to take off and find himself he would have brought personal items with him.Bus driver/shuttle would have recalled his face/long hair if he took that route out of the park .I don't recall someone leaving it all behind and starting out in such a remote area as a National Park,so I don't believe he just decided to start life over. He left the car so if was a suicide I feel it would be within 5 miles of the hotel. We have seen this before unfortunately..

I just heard about Drake on this video and came on the thread to read up on his case. How sad and disheartening to learn he may have been suicidal. :(

10 More Strangest National Park Disappearances - Volume 2

[video=youtube;cDKfBxNu6s8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDKfBxNu6s8[/video]

Drake has been missing for a year now. His family continues searching for him.

http://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/family-heads-to-grand-canyon-to-search-for-missing-sa-man

A San Antonio family renewed the search for their son one year after he went missing in the Grand Canyon.

"A year ago today is the last time I saw Drake," Robbin Kramer, Drake Kramer's father, said.

Drake was last seen on February 2, 2015 checking out of a Grand Canyon hotel.

"I don't know if he's out there trekking around trying to find himself. I don't know if something happened to him," Robbin said.

Drake's family spent the week packing. They plan to head west to renew the search efforts.

Added to Charley project: Drake Lyons Kramer – The Charley Project

Details of Disappearance
Kramer was last seen at the Bright Angel Lodge on the South Rim of Grand Canyon National Park in Arizona on February 1, 2015. He left his vehicle, a white 2007 Mazda 323 with the Texas license plate number CSK1767, at the lodge and has never been heard from again.

Kramer had left his home in Texas suddenly, and sent texts to his loved ones saying he had driven first to California, then to the Grand Canyon; he'd visited the park several times before. His last text said he loved everybody and "needed to be back with Mother Earth and set his soul free." He checked into Bright Angel Lodge on January 31, checked out on the next day, and was reported missing by a relative on February 2.

At the time of his disappearance, Kramer worked at a Lowe's store. He had gotten an associate's degree from Northwest Vista College and had recently transferred to the University of Texas at San Antonio to study geology. His father described him as frugal, a hard worker and a good student who loves nature.

Kramer's family said he seemed to be in good spirits at the time of his disappearance. His case remains unsolved.

Name: Drake Kramer

Missing from: Grand Canyon National Park

Date Missing: January 31, 2015

Description: Kramer was 21 years old at the time he went missing. White male, 5’08” tall, 140 pounds, brown hair and blue eyes. Wears dark colored clothes and is known to wear a backwards ball cap or dark colored bandana on his head. Drove a silver Mazda 6 sedan to the park.

Case Info: Kramer was last seen at the Bright Angel Lodge and is believed to be suicidal. The search for Kramer is in continuous, limited mode.

https://www.nps.gov/orgs/1563/cold-cases.htm

MP_Kramer.jpg

Missing Person Drake Kramer
Missing person Drake Kramer
NPS image

Name: Drake Kramer

Missing from
: Grand Canyon National Park

Date Missing: January 31, 2015

Description: Kramer was 21 years old at the time he went missing. White male, 5’08” tall, 140 pounds, brown hair and blue eyes. Wears dark colored clothes and is known to wear a backwards ball cap or dark colored bandana on his head. Drove a silver Mazda 6 sedan to the park.

Case Info: Kramer was last seen at the Bright Angel Lodge and is believed to be suicidal. The search for Kramer is in continuous, limited mode.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarellano5280
Back