GUILTY AZ - Fernando & Sophia Richter for imprisoning 3 daughters, Tucson, 2013

Question raised on if Surveillance Video of Imprisoned Teen Girls was Streamed Online

There are so many questions in the Tucson child abuse case, including if the 24 hour video surveillance of the three girls were streamed on the internet. The police chief said they are looking into that disturbing possibility.

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2876938038001

Sick. They were getting money from somewhere.

That would be my guess too but Loughner didn't have a blanket draped across his mugshot. His is with a white t-shirt on. Others too. I always assumed it was to cover what they were wearing like a concert t-shirt or anything outstanding.

Their faces are very telling, they got caught & well, now they are caged. The guy almost looks like he's ready to cry. Oh well..suicide watch is probably correct. Thanks.

Step-dad has a couple of DUI charges as well as no insurance, etc. Diversion. He also has an arrest in 2007 for disorderly conduct/threat-intimidate. Diversion completed 2009. A 2012 arrest for disorderly conduct, assault w/intent to injure/reckless, criminal damage (domestic violence). Diversion completed. He also had a 2007 restricted case with 2 plaintiffs for harassment. The TPO expired in 2008 on this one. No AZ DoC records.

Mother has no arrest/DoC records in Arizona.

The whole video angle is very disturbing. But why could the girls lock their doors from the inside? Installing a video surveillance system is complex in comparison to turning those locksets around to lock them in their rooms. Even I can do this. It takes a screwdriver and a piece of masking tape. That's it.

Isn't that an unusual mug shot? Looks like they were wrapped up in identical blankets.

Those are just drapes placed over arrestees here to neutralize the photo (no collars, logos, naked upper body, etc.) Loughner's photo may have been federal, not TPD/PCSO? The only one I've seen of him was after he was jump-suited/in custody...

Step-dad has a couple of DUI charges as well as no insurance, etc. Diversion. He also has an arrest in 2007 for disorderly conduct/threat-intimidate. Diversion completed 2009. A 2012 arrest for disorderly conduct, assault w/intent to injure/reckless, criminal damage (domestic violence). Diversion completed. He also had a 2007 restricted case with 2 plaintiffs for harassment. The TPO expired in 2008 on this one. No AZ DoC records.

Mother has no arrest/DoC records in Arizona.

The whole video angle is very disturbing. But why could the girls lock their doors from the inside? Installing a video surveillance system is complex in comparison to turning those locksets around to lock them in their rooms. Even I can do this. It takes a screwdriver and a piece of masking tape. That's it.

They locked themselves inside their room, and they presumably "escaped" through the window. That doesn't sound like they were prisoners. Perhaps just not allowed to leave their rooms?

It all amounts to torture. With the grandmother defending the abuse, she is party to the crime.

This is totally Torture! Those poor girls. How in the world? Why,Why,Why???

I wonder how they (the torturers) get bail relatively low? They should have no bail in my opinion. These girls have been through horrid mental and physical, psychological hell for years!

I wish them the best possible from here on.

And the perpetrators do not deserve to ever see the light of day again.

This is just plain horrible. However, to give relatives some credit, it's easy enough to pull the wool over people's eyes especially if you don't live close by or if you are not in the habit of visting each other. I consider that I come from a close family, but though I visit my sisters regularly, I nor my sisters have been to visit my brother come close to 10 years nor he visit us though we do see him at my mum's place at family functions. In effect, everything he says about his home and his life could be a load of bunk for all I know.

There is no law that says you have to allow your children to comminicate and get involved with family. Family fueds is one classic situation where some parents deprive their children of ever getting to know or have contact with their relatives.

Investigators were trying to determine the last time the girls attended a school. No schools in the area had a record of them, Villasenor said, and police haven't been able to verify the mother's claims that the children were home schooled.

The girls' maternal aunt, Chame Bueno, said outside of the court hearing that the mother had said the family was living in San Diego when they actually were in Tucson and wouldn't let her speak with her nieces on the phone.

'She always talked him up, 'Oh well he pays for all my kids' clothes and he takes them here and he takes them to eat and do this' — and all that time being locked up in a room,' Bueno, of Tucson, told The Associated Press. 'And he hasn't done nothing she said. She has just been lying.'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...ernando-richter-tortured-music_n_4355646.html

They locked themselves inside their room, and they presumably "escaped" through the window. That doesn't sound like they were prisoners. Perhaps just not allowed to leave their rooms?

I live here and I know the area very very well. I can assure you, the girls were in fact imprisoned, and noone was ever aware they were in the house. The rooms were sound proofed and loud music or static music piped into the rooms. The poor girls had to put on a certain hat and then get the parents attention by waving to the closed circuit tvs just to go to the bathroom. When ignored they had to go in the closet. with the poor state of affairs with CPS In this town, and the way everyone just keeps to themselves here, I am not surprised they got away with it in this town. There is SOmething horrible happening on an almost daily basis here. I will be honest, I am ready to leave the first chance I get. I pray these girls can emotionally recover to have a chance at a real life. At their age, you know they are going to be part of the system until they are 18. Slim to zero chance of being in a real family who wants them and feel the love and feel wanted like any child has a right to. My heart weeps for these kids.

Those are just drapes placed over arrestees here to neutralize the photo (no collars, logos, naked upper body, etc.) Loughner's photo may have been federal, not TPD/PCSO? The only one I've seen of him was after he was jump-suited/in custody...

This is correct. They do this with all prisoner photographs here now.

I can't find any new news on this case today. Does anyone know when they are due back in court?

I have no doubts they were held against their will. I believe something was said about the windows being alarmed in a previous home. Looking at the kicked in door, I'd bail out the window, too. Alarmed or not. The windows in the home are also not barred (pretty common here in Tucson).
I just find it odd that these horrid 'parents' would take all these steps to keep them in their rooms, yet allow the girls to lock the parents OUT of their rooms.
Neither adult here seems to work. Both the home in Catalina and this home are pretty decent houses. Follow the money. Investing in surveillance cameras is extremely disturbing to me. If the parents are "keep 'em locked up in their rooms until they are marriageable" why the cameras? If they are "Oh, no. You're not hanging out with those gang banger kids" why the cameras? Not to say either <-- scenario is what happened here, OR is excusable. I just do not like the cameras. Even if step-dad worked in the security field installing cameras... and got 'em for free.
JMO

all it would take was a few beatings IMO to keep the girls compliant about not coming out of their rooms unless told/allowed. As to them being allowed to lock their parents out, perhaps teh locks are there so that one parent could lock out another or any other visitors to the home while engaged in activity they had no wish to be interrupted during while in that room?

The surveillance cameras lead me to think we will discover there was some form of internet "clientele" who watched what went on in those rooms for a fee. That is what I suspect will come from this.

These parents had no wish to protect these girls from anything or anyone. What they wanted, IMO, is ready commodities completely controlled by them and there was some sort of financial benefit to this activity. again just MOO.

So it seems this mother Sophia was about 15 when she had her first child and 19 then 20 when she had the other two girls. She may have been about 22 when she got mixed up with Richter. Age is no excuse! I'm just trying to figure out as much of the dynamics that set this atrocity in motion. One sister of Sophia's seems to be speaking out as a loving family member who kept in touch with her sister. I wonder how much family support Sophia had when she gave birth at such a young age? Was she left to her own devises? where did she go with her newborn child? To her family or with a teenage boy? I wonder what are the ages of the two unnamed fathers? I wonder why both men chose no contact with their children? I wonder why her family members thought she lived in California some distance from Tucson? How often did the family communicate? and it must have been by landline I would think since cell phones mostly give the origin of the call under the number on your display. So many questions

The locks don't concern me. The "locks" on the interior doors in our home can be easily unlocked with a quarter from the outside. The knobs we had on before replacing required a small allen screwdriver that you inserted into a hole in the knob. Most interior knobs have some way to unlock from the outside for safety reasons.

In one of the articles it says Sophia had a cell phone with a CA area code so they had no idea she was in Tucson after she said they moved to CA.

There was a third address given of March Place with is south of where the current home or torture chamber is but it's in Tucson, not Catalina. One neighbor said the girls would play outside when they lived there in 2011...but the parents argued alot. Another neighbor said the same about the parents. I might have neighborhoods mixed up though as I've read they moved from Catalina to the house they were found at too.

Even if the door locked from the inside, many door knobs have a small hole on the non locking side that you can put something pointed in it to unlock it. I can remember using one of my skewers long ago to unlock a door. Here's a picture of the bedroom door knob.

article-tucson-2-1127.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ome-years-held-captive-cops-article-1.1530540

No new news today but read an article I can't find now that the girls had Thanksgiving dinner for the first time in years yesterday.

Might be the LE are investigating and working on more charges that they have stated that were coming so they aren't talking at the moment. Nothing new in this article except this. TPD is pretty tight lipped when it comes to investigations though. We rarely hear anything about Isabel Celis' disappearance. They go silent & only made a statement a few months ago (first in ages) to contradict what Isabel's parents were stating at that time.

Authorities were not available Friday morning for further comment.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/arizo...n-girls-escape-captive-home-dungeon-abrk.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaye 502
Back