AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they really think the perp in the other case is going to come forward and present his DNA...

Do they really think the perp in the other case is going to come forward and present his DNA...

They are working on over 200 tips called in. They have stepped up the search per KVOA and are knocking on 200 doors of people who have been identified as looking like the sketch. These people are all over Tucson.
If a police officer knocks on a door of someone identifed as looking like the sketch, and asks for DNA and a pic, and the person refuses, then that person might be investigated even further?

LE is not asking any perps to come forward. LE is visiting the homes of those people who citizens have identified as looking like the sketch.

http://www.kvoa.com/news/sheriff-s-department-beefs-up-investigation-into-a-child-sexual-assault/

Here is the article re: the case involving the three little girls from Hawaii...
containing the most convoluted sentence I've seen in a while.

"The detectives are asking people, if they will cooperate in this investigation by giving them a picture which the detective takes, and then a sample of their DNA. If it comes as a match then there's a follow up."

??

I think police refer to young men who look like the sketch, young men that either had been brought to the police attention through tips or young men police have found themselves that look like the sketch.

More and more, I think that the weird vibe I am getting from the parents is their guilt over not being able to protect Isa. They have to be constantly questioning what they could have done to keep her safe: alarm system, locks on windows, etc.

No matter how hard parents try to keep their children safe, if someone wants the child(ren) they will find a way to take the child(ren).

No matter how hard parents try to keep their children safe, if someone wants the child(ren) they will find a way to take the child(ren).

Parents need to stay a step ahead to keep their children safe.

Amen Patty and it's so sad. Gone are the carefree days of our childhood of playing outside around the neighborhood from morning till supper! It is so sad. In the case of Polly Klass and so many others it seems even our homes are not safe!

I heard in the report that they don't have the DNA results back from the lab yet on the three girls' case. They are following up hundreds of phone calls who say the sketch looks like so and so. In the followup on tips, officers are asking each person who looks anything like the sketch to let the officer take their pictures and DNA samples as a part of the investigation. Then once the lab results come in, if there is DNA found, they can compare the samples they have collected to the perp's DNA.

Video link

Ride along
There have been many publicized cases of lab mistakes. As an innocent person, I would be very hesitant to submit my DNA to the police. I wonder how many voluntary DNA donations have been given in this case.

Amen Patty and it's so sad. Gone are the carefree days of our childhood of playing outside around the neighborhood from morning till supper! It is so sad. In the case of Polly Klass and so many others it seems even our homes are not safe!

It is so sad. Those days are over! I'm 58 and remember when we could play outside all day with friends and Mom would check on us every so often. Now you cannot let them out of your sight for a second.

I'm worried if I ever become a Grandma my Son will think I'm crazy because I'll be so paranoid. I keep telling him that when he has a child I will retire and babysit. Can't trust anyone anymore! It's really awful! What has this world come too??

I don't think times are so different... my good friend was kidnapped, raped, and murdered by a serial killer in the 80s. Also, take a look at all the missing/unsolved cases in the missing forum that are organized by the decade...

If anything I think today we are a safer society with a lot more publicity for kids who go missing and resources to help their families and their communities.

moo

I can't believe the police seem to have nothing! No leads or news coming out of LE or parents mouths. I am truly starting to believe they have nothing!:banghead:

:please:

I don't think times are so different... my good friend was kidnapped, raped, and murdered by a serial killer in the 80s. Also, take a look at all the missing/unsolved cases in the missing forum that are organized by the decade...

If anything I think today we are a safer society with a lot more publicity for kids who go missing and resources to help their families and their communities.

moo

I don't believe our children are any safer. I believe that we are more aware of missing children through the internet now. I also believe that there is more media attention in these cases because of social networks and forums such as these. You would think perps would decline givin this but it still doesn't stop them.

More and more, I think that the weird vibe I am getting from the parents is their guilt over not being able to protect Isa. They have to be constantly questioning what they could have done to keep her safe: alarm system, locks on windows, etc.

In their interview Rebecca said something that made me suspect this as well. It was something along the lines of not wanting to screw something else up. I'm thinking that perhaps they left a door or window unlocked and are blaming themselves.

Yeah I know...but what, do they want all people? Men and women? From all over the state? Or what...and then they will wait months on end until all the samples come back and hope that the guilty party happened to be one of those who volunteered? Just does not sound like a very promising plan, JMO

Even in the UK case, the guy was caught because the town was small enough that they knew who had and had not given DNA and found out that one guy tried to get his friend to give it for him. That is not going to happen in Tucson...

JMO

Oops. I just said the same thing about the UK case...

I assume they wantto present the photos to the girls and will only test those samples from men that the girls identified as similar in appearance to the man who attacked them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox