AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe the police seem to have nothing! No leads or news coming out of LE or parents mouths. I am truly starting to believe they have nothing!:banghead:

:please:

Me too!

I don't believe our children are any safer. I believe that we are more aware of missing children through the internet now. I also believe that there is more media attention in these cases because of social networks and forums such as these. You would think perps would decline givin this but it still doesn't stop them.

Me again! :seeya:

In some ways, I think the Internet has also caused many predators to be bolder than they were before. If "you" (not you personally, but I can't type "a person" each time, so we are going with the generalized "you throughout) were a pedophile in the 1970s or 1980s, most likely you thought you were "rare" and you certainly didn't poll your pals to see if any of them shared your interest. Via the internet, you can easily find whole COMMUNITIES of people JUST LIKE YOU and you can do so anonymously.

Just as Websleuths helps us to unite and be stronger than we are alone, a group of CSOs can offer one another support, advice, etc., and after a while, maybe you DON'T feel you are so alone, so weird, so reviled. In fact, you hear other posters talking about how what you are doing (or want to do) is a form of LOVE of children, that you are NOT a predator, and that your acts should not be criminal... you are merely misunderstood. You start swapping photos, video, and helpful hints and before you realize what has happened, you feel you have enough information to successfully choose and groom a child, to do so without being caught.

The internet is like a support group for perverts. No matter WHAT your preference/fetish you can find huge groups who accept your behavior as normal and you may become emboldened by the rhetoric to act on your fantasies.

I have also wondered if clothing styles may have increased the activity of SOME pedophiles while simultaneously decreasing the interest of others. If you look at a 9 year old girl and she is in a ruffled party dress, patent leather shoes, and frilly ankle socks, you KNOW our society would think you are "wrong" for having sexual thoughts about her. But in the world of today, the same fashions available for adult women are also made in child sizes. A 9 year old can dress just like an adult, and many do. So someone who prefers a sterotypical child would be less likely to be interested in a 9 year old wearing makeup and dressed in a midriff-baring top, exposing a pierced navel, while men who NEVER thought of children sexually might find this attire to be "confusing" to them, as the little girls do not appear to be little girls at all.

Another attempted child abduction in Tucson. :mad:

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/150623615.html

This is sad there is so much crime in Tucson. If you go to the crimereports.com, there are so many that light up on the map there. My brother lives in Glendale and his house got robbed, and they have four big dogs. The burgler just let the dogs out of the house and shooed them away. They found the dogs four streets over.

No matter how hard parents try to keep their children safe, if someone wants the child(ren) they will find a way to take the child(ren).

Patty when I read this my first thought was 'Don't say that!"
Even though I know it's true...
Guess I try to fool myself-I think a lot of parents do-that if we do everything we can we can protect them. But we can't.

The child is still missing? This does not sound good at all. Was the child a girl or a boy? Not that it matters.

My post was in response to the 15 year old girl who was almost kidnapped from her home in Arizona. The article is on the same link about the child on the bicycle.

I'm waiting for the local noon news to come on to see the update on the case. From the story I assumed the child got away, but why the caller didn't follow the van I will never know!

Here is the news release on the 15 year old girl that was almost kidnapped:

www.kgun9.com/news/local/129396053.html

OMG so scary. Smart move on her part to honk that horn. It seem to have not worried the kidnapper as he still followed her to get her as she ran for the house. This is crazy. She must be so scared to go anywhere or be alone and i wouldn't blame her.

The child is still missing? This does not sound good at all. Was the child a girl or a boy? Not that it matters.

No; the attempt to abduct the child failed.

"The child who was riding the bicycle left the bicycle and fled from the scene, says Carlson."

The article says only that it was a van. I wonder if it's white like the other reports stated.

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/150623615.html

Patty when I read this my first thought was 'Don't say that!"
Even though I know it's true...
Guess I try to fool myself-I think a lot of parents do-that if we do everything we can we can protect them. But we can't.

I think about Baby Keegan with his mother doing everything to protect her child, however, she was murdered and her new born was kidnapped. Although the child is safe, but the mother is deceased.

We have the mother with her three daughters, the mother and older daughter deceased and two of her children are missing.

Two cases with the parent right there with their children. :cry:

wow! That really was a close call!

Oh my gosh! That is just terrifying! How creepy!! I'm so glad she got away. It sounds like a scene from a scary movie.

This is why I say it is never wise to open the door to a stranger. I don't care if it is a man or woman. Even as an adult, if someone knocks on my door and I do not recognize them, I ignore it. The same would be true if someone was just parked in my driveway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea